65th Obsequious Banter Thread: Where everyone gets a passing grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I've been getting caught up on 2018 movies. In the last 2 weeks i've watched..
  • The Favourite (Best Picture nom)
  • Green Book (Best Picture nom)
  • Bohemian Rhapsody (Best Picture nom)
  • Sorry To Bother You (Indie darling)

Enjoyed them all to different extents.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Picked up a new twig yesterday, Warrior QRL pro (pro stock, think it's a P92 pattern and 85 flex but who really knows with these things) - excited to give it a whirl tonight

Reactions: Rebels57

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
She's definitely seen better days, but this one will always have a place in my heart
20190217_144348.jpg

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm acquaintances with someone who works at an insurance broker that was approached to write a large portion of the insurance for this festival. Once they gathered some additional information, they couldn't "nope" out of this thing fast enough.
I don't remember much about this when it was happening but I decided to watch the beginning of the Netflix episode after reading this post and hahahaha yeah I can't imagine how those conversations went. Lloyd's might've still taken a stab, though, but who knows.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I don't remember much about this when it was happening but I decided to watch the beginning of the Netflix episode after reading this post and hahahaha yeah I can't imagine how those conversations went. Lloyd's might've still taken a stab, though, but who knows.

Later in the documentary it notes that they didn't get insurance.

It may have been an oversimplified answer, but at the very least, they didn't have any sort of event cancellation insurance.

Reactions: Jray42

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I thought I was weird. But now it turns out I'm special!

Something similar kind of, is I am incapable of burping. I literally cannot burp. When I feel how it feels to want to burp I normally just have a tightness in my chest and some weird garggly noises that kind of sound like a frog very faintly come out. When its really bad like times when I drink a lot of beer, instead of burping I generally just gag a whole lot, like dry heaves mixed with a cough.

Reactions: Chinatown88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad