65th Obsequious Banter Thread: Where everyone gets a passing grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Sad day for the Mummers. I have a lot of family in South Philly String Band and I personally go out every year as well. This is just awful.

I'm sure more will come out about what happened to the guy behind the wheel of the other car so I will reserve any statements I may have for him at the moment but this is just bizarre and sad.

Mummers Die in Head-on South Philly Crash With Stabbed Man

I saw this on the 6 o'clock news and I yelled out an audible "holy shit" - which I'm sure my neighbors heard - because I used to know the woman that died. I haven't seen her or talked to her in about 20 years, but it really shook me up despite her not having been in my life for that time. I'm fine, but there's no way her family is.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Sad day for the Mummers. I have a lot of family in South Philly String Band and I personally go out every year as well. This is just awful.

I'm sure more will come out about what happened to the guy behind the wheel of the other car so I will reserve any statements I may have for him at the moment but this is just bizarre and sad.

Mummers Die in Head-on South Philly Crash With Stabbed Man
I'm sorry for your local loss and that is quite bizarre. I just had some extended family get smashed by someone running a stop sign but only one of them has serious injuries. She's going to survive though.

Seat beats: even in the back seat, people!

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Yesterday I decided to stopwatch the amount of time I spend at red lights... 24 minutes and 43 seconds.
If you extrapolate that over the course of a year, that's that's 6.25 days, the amount of time A YEAR that I spend at a red light can get me to the moon and back.

Let's say I am capable of driving for 50 years. That means I spend more time at a red light than a chameleon spends on this planet.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
So the asshole who drove his Acura through an suv in South Philly on new years had a suicide note in the car. The stabwounds in his chest we're self inflicted. And he had earlier been involved in a police chase an hour earlier in Delaware but the police broke off the pursuit because it was getting to be too dangerous. f*** that asshole. f*** the cops in Delaware who didn't do their jobs. f*** the department for not informing Philly pd about the suspect or his car and that he was driving erratically to be on alert for him or to potentially stop him up ahead. f*** everything about this. 3 people died because one f*** wanted to kill himself but decided to get behind the wheel of a car afterwards too and the police didn't do their jobs to stop it from happening. f*** f*** f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. f*** them all

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Went to watch "Sorry to Bother You" today... anyone else seen it?

Loved the first half of the film but then the 2nd half was a bit "WTF", even though still enjoyable and pretty funny.

Actually went to see Free Solo (climbing documentary) with some friends, but it sold out for entire day! (3x showings) Though the cinema is a tiny art-house one so even biggest screen has like ~50 seats or so. Been trying to see it for months now...

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Pretty sure a Nashville scout is in my row on my plane home from Phoenix to PHL. Arizona played today and Flyers-Blues two sellers play tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad