65th Obsequious Banter Thread: Where everyone gets a passing grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Just caught up on the DVR with Dr. Who, and I think the season went pretty well for a new doctor. The sap heavy first couple of shows mellowed immensely, the companions found their nitch, and there was less high-brow and more adventure as the series continued. Jodie Whittaker is taking some getting used to, but I do enjoy the emotional and attitude change from Capaldi, for as much as I liked him (he's been my fav so far) he was taxing.

One more days until the New Years special.

Oh, also, best marathon on TV going on from now until 7am Wednesday morning. SyFy channel, non-stop Twilight Zone. Just some really great TV, I look forward to this every year.

Last edited:

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I need RDR2 to make a story mode DLC.

I like how they made Dutch look like Steven Seagal in that old picture lol.

6e71v9j02jy11.jpg
guy in the middle reminds me of dale weiese. why the long face.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
It’s a really good game. I never played the first one but I did dabble a bit in Red Dead Revolver way back in the day after finding out it was the same people that made GTA.
I never got around to playing the first one either, but kind of wish I did. The game is visually stunning, especially the landscape. It looks real more often than not. Seems pretty easy to sink hundreds of hours into it...

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Saw Bumblebee over the break and it was mostly forgettable. More likeable then the Mark Wahlberg transformer movies though.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Anyone have any home remedies to help cure the flu? Went to the drs and got terraflu and alternating Tylonel and Advil every for hours but nothing’s holding this fever back

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Anyone have any home remedies to help cure the flu? Went to the drs and got terraflu and alternating Tylonel and Advil every for hours but nothing’s holding this fever back

I was gone for six years, so I don't know what's out there now, but I always took Alka Seltzer Plus Cold medicine when I got sick at all and it always helped me - I saw that they have a Sever Cold and Flu version, too. I always took the effervescent tablets - something about those always worked better for me than capsules.

I guess the problem is that cold/flu medicine tends to be like diets - different things work for different people. That would be my go-to, though.

EDIT: I realize that's not a home remedy, but it's all I know about.

Reactions: Grebinator

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Anyone ever been to Coachella? We are talking about our Honeymoon and I was thinking of going to California, maybe going to Coachella for a day? Also want to spend time in San Diego. I personally would love to go to Yosemite but looks to be way far out of the way.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016

I am told by friends in the medical field The theraflu u took is suppose to shorten the time of the effects. Having a fever is the bodies way of fighting off the viral infection and not always a good idea to take medicine to lower ur temp. There are several strains going around with some lasting as long as a week. rest is the best thing for u and keep hydrated.

drcrusher

Jul 12, 2006
Anyone ever been to Coachella? We are talking about our Honeymoon and I was thinking of going to California, maybe going to Coachella for a day? Also want to spend time in San Diego. I personally would love to go to Yosemite but looks to be way far out of the way.

We went to the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area last year for our honeymoon (in early February) and spent most of the week we were there in Joshua Tree NP. We also did the aerial tram and did some hiking in the Mt. San Jacinto state park at the top. It wasn't snowy up there last year when we were there. Overall the weather was total perfection. Particularly after the awful bitter winter we'd been having last year. We liked it so much we are going back for a week this Feb.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Influenza A just ran through our house over Christmas...not fun.
If I understand correctly, the doc prescribed Tami-flu?
If so, you should begin to feel a bit more human after a couple of days on that. The fever is going to hammer you until then though. And some of the symptoms will likely be around for a week or longer....coughing, stuffy head etc.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Has sadz

A great story teller has left us, and the world's vibrancy fades a little bit.

It's so interesting to me that looking back upon it, Okerlund's defection actually hurt the AWA more than Hogan's. It's amazing how much he meant to the product everywhere he went.

I know some of the old-timers thought he focused on getting himself over too much, but it always felt to me like he got both he and his subjects over. He showed some real chops hosting opposite Heenan on some of those random TV B shows too.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Influenza A just ran through our house over Christmas...not fun.
If I understand correctly, the doc prescribed Tami-flu?
If so, you should begin to feel a bit more human after a couple of days on that. The fever is going to hammer you until then though. And some of the symptoms will likely be around for a week or longer....coughing, stuffy head etc.
Yeah he gave me 4 tablets of tamiflu so far I’ve taken two. I can’t get my fever under 103 even with the tylonel and Advil

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So, I got the notifications from everyone quoting my post about my dad a few weeks back but I didn't want to really read them until I was ready because I wanted to take the Holidays to reset myself. Words can't describe how thankful I am for what some of you guys said and have reached out to me privately. It really means a lot to have random people actually care.

On another note regarding my dad, I've always been skeptical about "ghosts" and "spirits" or people seeing signs of lost love ones but after what's happened the last few weeks i'm pretty damn near convinced about some of the stuff.

We'll start from the beginning, so I work in a family business started by my dad so we're always around him and it when we're at work. The Monday after he passed my Brother went into his office and found a couple pieces of paper on his printer. The pieces of paper on his printer were his health history from Jefferson that included all of the issues that he was in the hospital for since he first got sick a few years ago. The print date? July 25th. So it wasn't like something was recently printed. It must have been stuck somewhere in the "cloud." We were both in his office the Thursday before and there was nothing on his printer and i'm certain of it. So we think that was his way of saying "Look at all I went through, i'm at peace now and have comfort."

Another thing my brother did that no one knew about was that he poured my dad a "Shot" of Louis XIII in a glass and one for himself, he took the shot and left the other in my dad's glass that said "Rich's Bar." He came back two days later and half of the shot was missing. I know there's evaporation but there's no chance something happened that quick.

The probably most freaky example was my Step-Aunt and Uncle were at a psychic on the day that my Dad died. My stepmom has gone to this psychic because she heard good things in the past and some of the stuff we heard from it was unbelievable. So the day that my dad died no one had any idea how poor of condition he was that day outside of our immediate family who knew it was the end for him. So while they were at the Psychic they asked a question about their mother, who was very close to my dad. The psychic responded something along the lines of "Oh, Mary isn't here today. She's at Jefferson waiting to "pick up" Rich."

I won't lie and say that I wasn't a little jealous that they had these connections with him and I have been looking. Over the past week i've been going back and forth about going to the Orange Bowl to see Alabama play (sister in-law and my best friend both went there) but decided against it after almost booking it multiple times. Well that going back and forth didn't stop once they beat Oklahoma. So now i've been looking at going to the National Championship but the prices for the hotels have been too high for me to justify. I must have looked at least 75 times over the past two days. So today I left the office to go pick up the mail. I come back and the price on the nicest hotel and one right across the street from the Stadium dropped in price DRAMATICALLY out of nowhere to the point where I was thinking the dates must have changed or something? Nope. It was correct. So I put my gift card that I had in to see the total price after that amount was removed.... It was $1,209.57, which is my Dad's birthday.

I know that people will grasp at anything to feel a connection to a lost loved one that can be easily explained and i'm sure some of you will just dismiss these types of things just as I had before as it's really unbelievable.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
So, I got the notifications from everyone quoting my post about my dad a few weeks back but I didn't want to really read them until I was ready because I wanted to take the Holidays to reset myself. Words can't describe how thankful I am for what some of you guys said and have reached out to me privately. It really means a lot to have random people actually care.

On another note regarding my dad, I've always been skeptical about "ghosts" and "spirits" or people seeing signs of lost love ones but after what's happened the last few weeks i'm pretty damn near convinced about some of the stuff.

We'll start from the beginning, so I work in a family business started by my dad so we're always around him and it when we're at work. The Monday after he passed my Brother went into his office and found a couple pieces of paper on his printer. The pieces of paper on his printer were his health history from Jefferson that included all of the issues that he was in the hospital for since he first got sick a few years ago. The print date? July 25th. So it wasn't like something was recently printed. It must have been stuck somewhere in the "cloud." We were both in his office the Thursday before and there was nothing on his printer and i'm certain of it. So we think that was his way of saying "Look at all I went through, i'm at peace now and have comfort."

Another thing my brother did that no one knew about was that he poured my dad a "Shot" of Louis XIII in a glass and one for himself, he took the shot and left the other in my dad's glass that said "Rich's Bar." He came back two days later and half of the shot was missing. I know there's evaporation but there's no chance something happened that quick.

The probably most freaky example was my Step-Aunt and Uncle were at a psychic on the day that my Dad died. My stepmom has gone to this psychic because she heard good things in the past and some of the stuff we heard from it was unbelievable. So the day that my dad died no one had any idea how poor of condition he was that day outside of our immediate family who knew it was the end for him. So while they were at the Psychic they asked a question about their mother, who was very close to my dad. The psychic responded something along the lines of "Oh, Mary isn't here today. She's at Jefferson waiting to "pick up" Rich."

I won't lie and say that I wasn't a little jealous that they had these connections with him and I have been looking. Over the past week i've been going back and forth about going to the Orange Bowl to see Alabama play (sister in-law and my best friend both went there) but decided against it after almost booking it multiple times. Well that going back and forth didn't stop once they beat Oklahoma. So now i've been looking at going to the National Championship but the prices for the hotels have been too high for me to justify. I must have looked at least 75 times over the past two days. So today I left the office to go pick up the mail. I come back and the price on the nicest hotel and one right across the street from the Stadium dropped in price DRAMATICALLY out of nowhere to the point where I was thinking the dates must have changed or something? Nope. It was correct. So I put my gift card that I had in to see the total price after that amount was removed.... It was $1,209.57, which is my Dad's birthday.

I know that people will grasp at anything to feel a connection to a lost loved one that can be easily explained and i'm sure some of you will just dismiss these types of things just as I had before as it's really unbelievable.
Sounds to me like he is letting you know he is at peace now and that he will always be with you

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I 100% believe that he is communicating with you. This bolded part especially is just too friggin extraordinary to be coincidence. Keep looking for the signs my friend!

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad