Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Usually with the Forsberg I will say, "this move, everyone can do it, it's not that special.."

But on this iteration, he's deceiving Lundqvist so much with the look of shooting that upstairs.. the quick shift to the one hand far side is insane. Soooo smooth, nothing a goalie can do on that but hope he slides it wide.

i'm 100% with you on that, i don't get the hype on forsbergs move, all it take is balls because you look pretty stupid missing it, just like between the legs shot, both move are easy as hell to do and overhyped.

sick goals tho, the move before to drag him to the right post made the forsberg move look good!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
@Per Sjoblom

We need you to translate what Norlinder is saying in that video.

The interview is by a local reporter in Gothenburg and he starts by asking about the move to Frölunda and Mattias had multiple offers but he chose based on his own development and Frölunda is known to have very good training capabilities. Norlinder is also from southwestern Sweden not very far from Gothenburg. Gothenburg is a much larger city than where Modo plays and there is much more to do. Did it take long to overcome the result in Modo where they did not reach the SHL? Yes, it was not very fun but now I have moved on and I am concentration on getting a regular spot on the team. He says the last season was a bit up and down and that he also had some injuries just when he was gaining in confidence but that he was very happy with the his play at the end of the season. He was very happy being at the Juniors. He was asked if he has had any contact with the Canadiens and he said yes, a lot when he moved to Gothenburg and he's also saying they call him off and on on the phone. They have a 2-3 weeks vacation after midsummer to visit his family. Apparently Henke Lundqvist was training with Frölunda (King Henrik) and it was fun shooting at him and he seems a bit embarrassed (he laughs) when asked about doing the Foppa goal on Lundqvist (03:16) he (Henke) probably thinks I am a snotkid (literal translation) which means a little kid with snot, a bit of a rascal.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The interview is by a local reporter in Gothenburg and he starts by asking about the move to Frölunda and Mattias had multiple offers but he chose based on his own development and Frölunda is known to have very good training capabilities. Norlinder is also from southwestern Sweden not very far from Gothenburg. Gothenburg is a much larger city than where Modo plays and there is much more to do. Did it take long to overcome the result in Modo where they did not reach the SHL? Yes, it was not very fun but now I have moved on and I am concentration on getting a regular spot on the team. He says the last season was a bit up and down and that he also had some injuries just when he was gaining in confidence but that he was very happy with the his play at the end of the season. He was very happy being at the Juniors. He was asked if he has had any contact with the Canadiens and he said yes, a lot when he moved to Gothenburg and he's also saying they call him off and on on the phone. They have a 2-3 weeks vacation after midsummer to visit his family. Apparently Henke Lundqvist was training with Frölunda (King Henrik) and it was fun shooting at him and he seems a bit embarrassed (he laughs) when asked about doing the Foppa goal on Lundqvist (03:16) he (Henke) probably thinks I am a snotkid (literal translation) which means a little kid with snot, a bit of a rascal.

Thanks.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
What a guy eh thanks a bunch

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Tack ! :thumbu:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Some don't think he has top pairing upside and it's tougher to project since he only played in Allsvenskan but when I was doing my top 20 I had him in the mix as our top prospect. It would not surprise me if ends up being our best prospect but since he was in the 2nd league, missed a chunk of time to injury, and is older I opted to keep him at 5th.

Though if Kotka hadn't had such a terrible year he wouldn't have made the list because he would have been in the NHL full time and there wouldn't be talk of him playing in Laval next year possibly. So if you take out Kotka then Norlinder is certainly among our 4 best prospects imo, although next year is the real telling part assuming there's a season. Plus he's only 4 months younger then Romanov so that also goes against him as it's hard to believe a guy we would have drafted in the 7th round in '18 can be one of our best prospects but Primeau did it as he went from 7th round pick to one of the best seasons any U-20 goalie has had in the NCAA without having a team chock full of NHL 1st/2nd round picks.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Thanks a lot for the translation, very much appreciated

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
I like the way he releases the puck, he looks like a strong kid, looks a little like Pacioretty when he shoots.
That elusive whip like motion is just gorgeous tbh, creativity is awesome, you need to let this kid make his mistakes no matter what, i also like the fact that he seems very confident but not cocky at all... Seems like a great humble kid tbh...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The top 15 prospects are filled with small forwards, mainly wingers.

Very few dmen...

I really don't mind another small forward though, as long as he turns out to be a star like Barzal or Elias Pettersen.

What we most need is elite talent - regardless of position or size.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The top 15 prospects are filled with small forwards, mainly wingers.

Very few dmen...

I really don't mind another small forward though, as long as he turns out to be a star like Barzal or Elias Pettersen.

my top 15 has 1 goalie, 7 defensemen, 3 wingers, 4 centers (though Hillis I could see starting on the wing in Laval) but that's with leaving Juulsen out as he would have been in there. Outside of Kotka and Poehling they are a small group of forwards. Hopefully Ylonen can pack on some pounds over the next few years. Pitlick looks like he needs to add a lot of mass. Evans has done a good job of adding mass so he's not small but does need to get stronger.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
my top 15 has 1 goalie, 7 defensemen, 3 wingers, 4 centers (though Hillis I could see starting on the wing in Laval) but that's with leaving Juulsen out as he would have been in there. Outside of Kotka and Poehling they are a small group of forwards. Hopefully Ylonen can pack on some pounds over the next few years. Pitlick looks like he needs to add a lot of mass. Evans has done a good job of adding mass so he's not small but does need to get stronger.

I was talking about the top 15 prospects for this year's draft class. I think I accidentally posted in the wrong thread...

But since Domi, Drouin, and Suzuki are still young, I think on the surface we don't need to draft another small forward. But really, imo, our biggest area of need is elite talent. If Timmins thinks our best chance of finding elite talent at #9 overall is a small winger, I say grab him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was going to say....Lundqvist will remember his name next time they play each other, but then, Lundqvist won't be in the league when Norlinder comes in....

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

EcbP-u3XkAAx-rZ

Locks

May 28, 2005

When a third round prospect is compared favourably with a top 10 pick you know one team did better than another in this draft. But we are talking Oilers here. And if they really wanted a Swedish dman who can move the puck, Sodorstrom was taken only three spots later and he is so much better (Zona gave up a second rounder to move up a few spots to draft him )

Reactions: Redux91

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Some don't think he has top pairing upside and it's tougher to project since he only played in Allsvenskan but when I was doing my top 20 I had him in the mix as our top prospect. It would not surprise me if ends up being our best prospect but since he was in the 2nd league, missed a chunk of time to injury, and is older I opted to keep him at 5th.

Though if Kotka hadn't had such a terrible year he wouldn't have made the list because he would have been in the NHL full time and there wouldn't be talk of him playing in Laval next year possibly. So if you take out Kotka then Norlinder is certainly among our 4 best prospects imo, although next year is the real telling part assuming there's a season. Plus he's only 4 months younger then Romanov so that also goes against him as it's hard to believe a guy we would have drafted in the 7th round in '18 can be one of our best prospects but Primeau did it as he went from 7th round pick to one of the best seasons any U-20 goalie has had in the NCAA without having a team chock full of NHL 1st/2nd round picks.
They were saying on draft thread not that high on him. Fringe player caliber.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Analyse vidéo approfondie du jeu de Mattias Norlinder (toutsurlehockey)

Mobilité et relance:

Avantage numérique et apport offensif:

Voici tous les buts du Suédois. On a vu plusieurs fois cette saison des buts spectaculaires passer sur la toile. Ces buts se faisaient très souvent près du filet et je me demandais si c’était coutume chez lui de se présenter dans l’enclave. Eh bien, oui, tous ces buts se sont fait en avant du filet. Norlinder est un arrière très actif dans l’ensemble du territoire offensif. Ses lancées peuvent venir de partout et, lorsque vous êtes son partenaire de jeu, il faut demeurer attentif aux permutations. L’image ci-dessous vous présente tous les tirs réussis, manqués et bloqués de Norlinder cette saison.

upload_2020-7-17_13-42-32.png

Reactions: montreal

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Norlinder imo has the highest upside for our D prospects. Caufield does have question marks. Romanov feels like a sure fire top 4 guy but Norlinder has All-Star skill. Lets hope it translates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad