GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:30pm 4/26/24 Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
That 3 goal deficit shouldn't have happened in the 1st, the officiating didn’t help either. Special Teams were shit. Please use all that fire they had tonight into scoring goals on Sunday.
We got players dropping passing all day and night, we have other bros that cannot convert breakaways, or any other prime chances. Kings could have 105% xGF, but it's the Kings.....the team that can never put away their chances, since 2014...

Reactions: mr2padstack

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Blake, your time is coming

1714197111262.png

Jericho111091

Dec 18, 2014
Paramount Ca
Nah, their fans have a running list of every penalty they think should have been called against the team they are playing, dating back to games from the Cenezoic Era. If you ever think Edmonton did something wrong, their fans will pull one from the list for a "whataboutism" to make sure you know the Oilers are owed thousands of power plays.

The Edmonton Auditors
I wish the Kings were half as dirty as oil fans are convinced we are

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Put Byfield on the PK.

His combination of speed and reach makes him uniquely qualified for it. Plus it changes things up and rests your 36 year old center.

Kings coaching staff had all season long to try and work him into it so they would have another option down the road. Short term thinking always f***s you.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
My theory is 11-7 wore these guys out. Talking forwards that is. Seems like all the shuffling has caught up to the boys. Maybe just me.
This is a good point and that's why other teams don't do this. Of course in many of the games it was also played like a 10-6 lineup. There's no method to the madness with any of this shuffling either. Of course you have to learn the tendencies of all your teammates. And then you do and guys who learn each other's tendencies wind up barely seeing the ice together. The shuffling also hasn't affected special teams one bit either. Players who play well together don't play with each other on the PP because our PP units absolutely don't change. We don't gain anything from any of this except the coach is too stupid to make his mind up and the GM is so feckless that he lets him do it. Or this is directed by the GM. I don't really give a shit anymore because it's stupid.

It's also cool when you shuffle the lines up just to have the players stand there in a 1-3-1.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
SUNDAY Wish List:

Rittich in for Talbot
Thomas in for PLD
Clarke in for Roy

Roy has been exposed in this series and enough of PLD, he tried to play Nice Guy Eddie from Reservoir Dogs in the corner with Bouchard and the ref. "Daddy did you see that? He got me on the ground & he tried to F___ me!!"

Reactions: mr2padstack

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If the Kings were half as dirty as the rep given we'd be playing the Bakersfield Condors

I only wish they were that cool, god damn they make MIKEY sound like Scott Stevens with rabies and Trevor Moore like Shoresy

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Talbot was 1-1, 4.96 GAA, .867 SV% coming into this game. Tonight 34/40, 6 goals against and a .850 SV%! This is the worst numbers Talbot has ever put up in his playoff career!

Did you know Talbot is listed at 6'4" 200lbs? The way he plays I would have thought he was only 6'2". Rittich is a slightly bigger goalie, but sure has looked bigger in net making saves then when I watch Talbot play!

Talbot is running on fumes and Rittich is completely fresh!

Rittich during the season: 13-6-3, 2.15 GAA, .921 SV%
Talbot: 27-20-6, 2.50 GAA, .914 SV%

Talbot played over twice as many games, but Rittich didn't just play against garbage teams!

Rittich age 31, Talbot age 36...On the other side Skinner aint good till tonight, but he's only age 25!

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I kind of feel bad for Kopitar and Doughty. They want to win, the effort is there, but they just can't. They're too old.

And even if they weren't too old, the supporting cast isn't good enough anyways.

If they want to win anything in the remainder of their careers it will have to be elsewhere.
Kempe is going to be quite a piece on a good roster one day also.

Reactions: LAKings88

bland

Jul 1, 2004
He sure recovers fast. From down and out selling the call to dropping the gloves in mere seconds..
Can't blame him, it takes a second to assess after getting hit like that. I would LOVE to see any Kings player look for a pound of flesh after getting rocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad