Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The population of Cole Harbour is much smaller than that.....they are including the much larger Dartmouth in that number. I would guess that it is below 20,000 having been there a few times.

Correct. In the surrounding area of Halifax, Cole Harbour is a small community. Population around 12,000

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Norlinder vill gå framåt – men kallar sig tvåvägsback

“If I can describe myself, I always say I'm a two-way defenseman, even if my upside is offensive. But I've no problems in the defense zone. But of course there's work to be done.”

“I think I've come to a very good place.”

“I've never been a super talent. I'm a hard worker.”

“Clearly there'll be a difference. Absolutely, it should be. I'll try to do what I'm good at. Not be afraid. Just playing safe and daring to do things. I've been instructed to do so.”

“They (Montreal Canadiens) were very happy with my decision.”

“That's probably the way I'm (great confidence on himself). I've no good answer, hard to explain. I don't think too much.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Backtalangen om steget till SHL – och första tiden i Frölunda: "Trivs bra här nere"

“It was a little upside down. I was off on some different tournaments. I'm happy with the season as a whole. It feels like I stepped. I took the biggest step in my defensive game. I became a little more solid in my own zone and played a little more easily.”

“Frolunda has always been a club that had a good reputation around it. And then I've always liked to look at the team and followed them aside from Modo.”

“I think the first time has been good in Gothenburg. We've been training well and been running hard. I feel good down here. It was well over four weeks since I moved down, so it feels great.”

“We haven't had much talk me and the Montreal Canadiens org. they know that I signed for Frolunda and they like that. But the camp and stuff gets set up because of the COVID-19, so it's a bit sour. I wanted to show up there.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Having Raymond and Norlinder playing for Frolunda in 2020-2021 and coming over to play with Habs in 2021-2022 would be simply amazing.

I see a monstruous influx of talent coming for 2021-2022 season. KK (maybe during 2020-2021 season), Romanov (idem), Caufield, Raymond (or other prospect draft this summer), Poehling, and maybe Norlinder and Ylonen if there are spots available for them.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Having Raymond and Norlinder playing for Frolunda in 2020-2021 and coming over to play with Habs in 2021-2022 would be simply amazing.

I see a monstruous influx of talent coming for 2021-2022 season. KK (maybe during 2020-2021 season), Romanov (idem), Caufield, Raymond (or other prospect draft this summer), Poehling, and maybe Norlinder and Ylonen if there are spots available for them.

Ylonen in the AHL with Bouchard will be fun. I imagine they will also sign Harris next year after 3 years of NCAA hockey.

Important to note which I feel gets overlooked a lot is that Norlinder plays almost exclusively at RD even though he is left handed

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Ylonen in the AHL with Bouchard will be fun. I imagine they will also sign Harris next year after 3 years of NCAA hockey.

Important to note which I feel gets overlooked a lot is that Norlinder plays almost exclusively at RD even though he is left handed

For me it's a really good news. I didn't know that. I think there will be a spot for him in 2 years, behind Weber and Petry and may become a great replacement for one of them. I love it.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

“If I can describe myself, I always say I'm a two-way defenseman, even if my upside is offensive. But I've no problems in the defense zone. But of course there's work to be done.”

“Clearly there'll be a difference. Absolutely, it should be. I'll try to do what I'm good at. Not be afraid. Just playing safe and daring to do things. I've been instructed to do so.”

“That's probably the way I'm (great confidence on himself). I've no good answer, hard to explain. I don't think too much.”

Interesting that he doesn't view himself as talented. I like that. Hopefully he keeps that mind set of having to be a hard worker. Should bode well for him continuing to improve.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Where is that linked to, I checked the other post and the translation was pretty accurate but if I click what looks like a link in this post nothing happens?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Right, I had the same issue when I checked back after your quote.

With some modification done, it should work now:

Rakapuckar:Norlinder vill gå framåt – men kallar sig tvåvägsback

Your original translation it's pretty close, well done! The only thing is a tiny difference is that after he was asked if he was late in development (because he had his breakthrough recently) , then he says: "I don't know - I was probably not a super talent. Hard work hopefully, is what brought me here."

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Your original translation it's pretty close, well done! The only thing is a tiny difference is that after he was asked if he was late in development (because he had his breakthrough recently) , then he says: "I don't know - I was probably not a super talent. Hard work hopefully, is what brought me here."
Next time, I'm gonna give you the link and links. And you'll do the rest. I had a hard time...

PS: You're are the HFHabsSwedes translator - that's right how dare I forget this :D

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Next time, I'm gonna give you the link and links. And you'll do the rest. I had a hard time...

PS: You're are the HFHabsSwedes translator - that's right how dare I forget this :D

Well as I said I was surprised how close you were. Sometimes I start laughing when I see someone do a straight Google translate. Your translation was an A, Swedish is quite hard to translate, the same word can mean different things depending on the tone . :thumbu:

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018

I actually think its wild how over looked Harris gets

Reactions: Benstheman

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I actually think its wild how over looked Harris gets

He's one of our best.. which is why I hope we focus on drafting scorers again this year, and another goalie or two if we keep our late picks.

Norlinder, Fleury, Struble, Romanov, Harris is a really impressive group of young defenders.. and then you look at our young wing group and there's Ylonen and Caufield.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He's one of our best.. which is why I hope we focus on drafting scorers again this year, and another goalie or two if we keep our late picks.

Norlinder, Fleury, Struble, Romanov, Harris is a really impressive group of young defenders.. and then you look at our young wing group and there's Ylonen and Caufield.

I agree! What's even more impressive, is that not one of those young defenders was a first rounder. I also think that Fairbrother has the potential to a be a decent NHL defender as well. I think they need to go forward again in the first round unless somebody ridiculous drops to them.

Reactions: dralaf

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

And Khisamutdinov as a winger, as well. And RHP and Pitlick. But those last two, we don't know if they'll be able to have an impact down the line.

I agree about getting more scorers.

And possibly give the RD some more depth, as well. Because after Juulsen, Brook, and Fleury, it's thin. Some LDs can play right, but I'd rather deepen the depth on RD.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Norlinder playing RD is a good thing. Harris can play both sides as well. Flexibility with both Norlinder and Harris is an asset. We have a decent group of young guys on D we can evaluate as time moves forward.

LD: Romanov, Mete, Struble, Harris
RD: Norlinder, Fleury, Juulsen, Brook

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

yes I would think Harris is signed when his season ends next year. I'm a bit surprised he didn't turn pro although he badly needs to work on adding mass, strength so it should be good for him.

Romanov, Norlinder and Harris all play primarily at RD

It is an impressive group of defenders, especially if Brook can get his shit together and Juulsen can stay healthy and improve his mobility.

I agree! What's even more impressive, is that not one of those young defenders was a first rounder. I also think that Fairbrother has the potential to a be a decent NHL defender as well. I think they need to go forward again in the first round unless somebody ridiculous drops to them.

Fairbrother was showing me something for sure but then he got hurt. I had expected him to turn pro as I felt he was ready for Laval next year since he's a late B-day but now that he's missed so much time they can just let him play as an overager. Should be very interesting to see how much he can progress or not over the next 2 years or so.

And possibly give the RD some more depth, as well. Because after Juulsen, Brook, and Fleury, it's thin. Some LDs can play right, but I'd rather deepen the depth on RD.

With so many of our LD's being so good at RD, I am not too worried about it but I'm sure they will add some RD's if not this draft then next just due to the sheer number of picks over that span.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Bouchard will LOVE Ylonen. he's got that none stop hard working motor! That will get him lots of quality minutes to develop, hopefully KK can stay with him for dozens of game!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Norlinder playing RD is a good thing. Harris can play both sides as well. Flexibility with both Norlinder and Harris is an asset. We have a decent group of young guys on D we can evaluate as time moves forward.

LD: Romanov, Mete, Struble, Harris
RD: Norlinder, Fleury, Juulsen, Brook

If Mete is the future as 2nd on the Habs' LD depth chart, we're in trouble.

Under the best scenario, ceiling-wise in terms of talent, the D, once all the other big names are gone, would look something like:

Romanov - Norlinder (good complementary skills)
Harris - Juulsen/Fleury (again, good complementary skills)
Struble - Brook (good complementary skills)

Fleury/Juulsen, Mete

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

Under the best scenario, ceiling-wise in terms of talent, the D, once all the other big names are gone, would look something like:

Fleury/Juulsen, Mete
As HF posts go, this is as HF as it gets. The less you’ve played in the NHL the better you are!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Fleury/Juulsen, Mete

Just a list in any order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->