OT: 64th Obsequious Banter Thread: Patrick and Provorov Before They Were Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I don’t understand the demand for a live action adaptation. They usually look shittier than the animated originals.

If I had kids, I’d plop them down in front of the dusty childhood CRT Telly and make them watch a roach infested VCR of the 90s Aladdin. That’ll learn them to ask to watch garbage cash grab movies.

Reactions: Amorgus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I know Iago isn't necessary to the plot but he was enough of a star to get to appear in the parks along with Zazu from the Lion King as the hosts of the Enchated Tiki Room for a while so dropping him sucks. But recasting him would suck even more because you can't replace Gilbert Gottfried anymore than you can replace Robin Williams.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I know Iago isn't necessary to the plot but he was enough of a star to get to appear in the parks along with Zazu from the Lion King as the hosts of the Enchated Tiki Room for a while so dropping him sucks. But recasting him would suck even more because you can't replace Gilbert Gottfried anymore than you can replace Robin Williams.

Just put Gottfried in a bird suit

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
3FF30291-2670-4A38-B2CF-870E502A5641.jpeg

I enjoyed maleficent, I can’t think of any others that I have seen yet.
I’m not a fan of the will smith casting.
The only thing I want to see if a live action Mulan. I don’t care if it’s from a meme or tumblr or wherever it’s hilarious.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
View attachment 145893
I enjoyed maleficent, I can’t think of any others that I have seen yet.
I’m not a fan of the will smith casting.
The only thing I want to see if a live action Mulan. I don’t care if it’s from a meme or tumblr or wherever it’s hilarious.
I never saw all of Malificent and I'll never be able to finish it because what little I saw was playing on the TV in the lobby at the hospital when they told me my brother died. Why couldn't it have been some shitty sitcom instead?

I saw a lot of the live action Jungle Book and it was OK but felt unnecessary.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I never saw all of Malificent and I'll never be able to finish it because what little I saw was playing on the TV in the lobby at the hospital when they told me my brother died. Why couldn't it have been some ****ty sitcom instead?

I saw a lot of the live action Jungle Book and it was OK but felt unnecessary.
I’m not sure how old the movie is, but I’m sorry for your loss.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Iago is in the movie.
Just saw the teaser and Iago is the focal point of the first half. I'd love for Gil to do it again but I'd bet if everyone else is recast then Iago would be too. Since Gil has such an iconic voice I don't know who could even come close to that delivery and they'd probably have to rework the entire character.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The wife and I watched The Babadook last night.
It had a slow build, the kid was incredibly annoying, and the ending was confusing. That is until we talked about the movie, and then everything clicked. It comes off Netflix on the 14th.
I’d recommend watching it before it is pulled.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Just because-
Step 1. Make a bombastic threat, bordering on harassment.
Step 2. Have it reported by national news media.
Step 3. Have someone on staff say, "lol, j/k"
Step 4. National news media uses someone else's face.
Step 5. Profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad