OT: 63rd Obsequious Banter Thread: I Wish Lappy Was Gone 63 Days Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This is closer to Jack Nicholson than it is to Heath Ledger

There’s elements of both. He’s got the long green hair, face paint/makeup, & smile like Heath Ledger’s. He’s more cleaned up & doesn’t have the scars though.

Nicholson’s version that had him fall in the chemicals to transform his skin to white. So it’s not necessarily supposed to be face paint/makeup on his head area. The rest of his body is covered up with his clothes & he’s wearing gloves to cover up his hands.

This one & Ledger’s you can see their normal skin color in their head area beyond the makeup. Neither are wearing gloves either showing their normal skin color in their hands as well. So they’re both going for the normal people who just went crazy & started wearing makeup angle opposed to setting up a chemical accident to explain how things happened like Nicholson’s.

dd8c2dc37e621fceacec83294cadd875.jpg

joker-rare-pictures.jpg

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Separate topic...anybody ever break their smartphone screen and even though you have insurance you had the screen repaired instead at one of those mall kiosks or other repair joints? Lots of people recommend not using the insurance because they give you a refurb and it sometimes doesn't perform like your previous phone. Mine works great still (Galaxy S8+) and is only a couple of years old. Any suggestions or recommendations for repair sites in Philly? Had one place want to charge me 350 bucks but the King of Prussia kiosk $175. Said the way it was cracked didn't require the 300 buck price level. Right now the phone is not cracked real bad where it limits my viewing. Otter box did nothing to protect same with the screen protector but they say b/c of the infinity screen on the galaxys they are prone to crack...most "crackable" screen supposedly of the smartphones.

Reactions: PALE PWNR

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
That Tiger win is great for golf.

I actually think he benefitted significantly from playing a reduced field, even though they were the 29 best PGA players of the year.

You could tell that he still had all the tools this year, but the question was always whether or not he could put 4 rounds together in the same tournament.

Trending up just before the Ryder Cup too. Euros beware...

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
This was a mention of a mascot losing his head in front of children.
I was definitely not on board, but to my credit, I was on of the first to change stances.
Gritty is life.
I never realized how much that can scar kids but it really can. My brother saw it live back in the day when he was working at an amusement part and one of the Ninja Turtles was sitting in an office with his head in his lap. Unfortunately he was viewable through a window and kids started crying that Michaelangelo's head fell off. I think later on at a short stint at Chuck. E. Cheese he had to wear the Chuck costume a few times and even in the early 90's kids were little bastards to the guys in the costumes. I really miss the old OG dark-lit Chuck E. Cheese and all those awesome games.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
had a friend who worked at Disney as a character one summer
one was NEVER allowed to de-costume in any way, ESPECIALLY the head, anywhere in the park, ever

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Separate topic...anybody ever break their smartphone screen and even though you have insurance you had the screen repaired instead at one of those mall kiosks or other repair joints? Lots of people recommend not using the insurance because they give you a refurb and it sometimes doesn't perform like your previous phone. Mine works great still (Galaxy S8+) and is only a couple of years old. Any suggestions or recommendations for repair sites in Philly? Had one place want to charge me 350 bucks but the King of Prussia kiosk $175. Said the way it was cracked didn't require the 300 buck price level. Right now the phone is not cracked real bad where it limits my viewing. Otter box did nothing to protect same with the screen protector but they say b/c of the infinity screen on the galaxys they are prone to crack...most "crackable" screen supposedly of the smartphones.

I recently broke the screen on my google pixel 2 xl. Having it repaired at a kiosk at the deptford mall. They needed to order the screen so I have to wait for it to come in and then he will call me. I will let you know how it goes.

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad