OT: 63rd Obsequious Banter Thread: I Wish Lappy Was Gone 63 Days Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I wish I could post a single picture that would make everyone's brain reset right now but it's majorly NSFW. I'll just tell you the name of it and leave it to your imagination.

Squirt Russell.
So I’m not sure what you mean exactly but I got tired of waiting and ducked it. The is on the first page. Firefist

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hasselhoff and billy squire are not on par with Bowie and Jagger but they can’t be too too too too far off right?

Hasselhoff's music belongs to Germany, so he is instantly disqualified. If Billy Squier had dueted with, say, Prince, he would have had a shot. But it was Bowie AND Jagger. There is nothing worse, just trust me.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
How’s this one for a serious contender, if only for the opening line at the very least?

That is a terrible line but dammit I love this song and video. As a lover of synth legends I gotta stand up for Vince Clarke or I'd have to turn in my New Wave badge.

May I offer a lesser know Men Without Hats video instead? This is peak 80's to me. Keyboard Baby trumps air keyboards!

I have a feeling I posted this before but any excuse to honor Keyboard Baby must be taken.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
It's a joke not a dick you can take it.
I think you're missing commas. Regardless, is this to imply someone couldn't take a dick? Are folks still naturally conceived?

So...words DONT hold power now?? But that's an argument for another forum I guess
Every thread is the "Fire Hakstock" thread, and this also doubles as the humor etiquette thread.

Those are aggressive jazz hands.

Too aggressive. I feel threatened.

It's worse, but better if you are looking for a reason to die.

Suicide is a serious issue that affects a lot of people. But as all subjects, it too can be made the subject of humor.

I look around this thread, and I see a lot of Chaos. Even some feigning bully type attitudes. We've been told that bullies are bad. That as enlightened folks we should appeal to a higher calling, a gentler, more acceptable calling. But I say f*** that. Look around at the idols before us, have any of them ever inspired us as has Gritty? No. I say that our attitudes should be gritty, as is our mascot. Even we didn't at first reciprocate, but we learned to. And in that learning process, we found out that bullies aren'the the worst thing ever. We live in a world of erupting volcanoes, and clapping is now to be replaced by jazzhands. That's not a world I want to live in. Do you? Then follow Gritty, from end to end, crash the crease, protect the blueline and save the Zamboni ice scrapings for the best damn thing of the 2018-19 offseason, Gritty. Chaos is Gritty's wont, we shall provide.
(channeled Tyler Durden)

Last edited:

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Bruce Willis made this-

And, Eddy Murphy was responsible for this-

These guys aren't musicians, and it's a different kind of bad. Still, I think these belong in the conversation. #Stayinyourlane

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I think you're missing commas. Regardless, is this to imply someone couldn't take a dick? Are folks still naturally conceived?

Every thread is the "Fire Hakstock" thread, and this also doubles as the humor etiquette thread.

Too aggressive. I feel threatened.

Suicide is a serious issue that affects a lot of people. But as all subjects, it too can be made the subject of humor.

I look around this thread, and I see a lot of Chaos. Even some feigning bully type attitudes. We've been told that bullies are bad. That as enlightened folks we should appeal to a higher calling, a gentler, more acceptable calling. But I say **** that. Look around at the idols before us, have any of them ever inspired us as has Gritty? No. I say that our attitudes should be gritty, as is our mascot. Even we didn't at first reciprocate, but we learned to. And in that learning process, we found out that bullies aren'the the worst thing ever. We live in a world of erupting volcanoes, and clapping is now to be replaced by jazzhands. That's not a world I want to live in. Do you? Then follow Gritty, from end to end, crash the crease, protect the blueline and save the Zamboni ice scrapings for the best damn thing of the 2018-19 offseason, Gritty. Chaos is Gritty's wont, we shall provide.
(channeled Tyler Durden)
I’m not liking this only because it confuses me.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Bruce Willis made this-

And, Eddy Murphy was responsible for this-

These guys aren't musicians, and it's a different kind of bad. Still, I think these belong in the conversation. #Stayinyourlane

Those are good bad videos, but they are not enough. Now, had Bruce Willis and Eddie Murphy dueted TOGETHER, then maybe.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I’m not liking this only because it confuses me.
CHAOS!

Edit: Also, just because- flipped to WWE Raw b4 bed, saw Elias and Kevin Owens in the ring, stuck around for the promo. It was great. Show in Seattle, two heels immediately make fun of Sonics leaving town, crowd just boos epically. I was so impressed by, and proud of, the Seattle audience. It was great booing. The two heels had to drastically slow down the promo segment because the boos were so loud. Like Bettman in Philly, but Seattle did it longer. Kudos on displaying great hate.

Last edited:

drcrusher

Jul 12, 2006
That is a terrible line but dammit I love this song and video. As a lover of synth legends I gotta stand up for Vince Clarke or I'd have to turn in my New Wave badge.

First line notwithstanding, this is one of my favorite songs. Video's weird, but it isn't even their worst. That goes to Heavenly Action (by an order of magnitude at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->