OT: 63rd Obsequious Banter Thread: I Wish Lappy Was Gone 63 Days Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Cigarettes and Cigarette Smokers are the worst. I don't understand how anyone living in todays world with the knowledge of how harmful cigs are to you, can continue to smoke. They are nasty, smell horrible, and most importantly back up the line at Wawa. Seriously, the people who order cigs at Wawa are like "Let me get 2 packs of Marlboro Red Honey Bean Gorilla Horn Menthol Soft Pack and 2 cartons of Newport Short Buttermilk Black Lung Reserve Wood Tip Yellow pack with the poppable ball"...then the cashier stumbles around for 35 minutes trying to find the right pack and the future cancer patient has to correct them 4 times and play the up, up, down, left, over two, down three...crane game to get the damn cigs.

Then after they finally smoke there life away they with no hesitation flick the butt out the window causing piles and piles of cigs to stack up along roadways.

Do me a favor Cig Smokers, go hang out with Gritty in a dark alley.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
CySzbJY.gif

Fan of the Canadian army, I see.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Place a number next to each item so people can just call out the number instead of pointing and trying to explain what they want.
If they didn’t take away the names in the packages, numbers wouldn’t be necessary.
I think Marlboro menthols are the “silver pack” now. Lights are the gold. It’s ridiculous.

Reactions: PALE PWNR

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
As a former dipper, I was thinking more in terms of chewing tobacco. It was a chore sometimes to get what you wanted at a Wawa or wherever.

I have gone from having to order it from Sweden and have it delivered to Thailand, where it was seized by customs officials who fleeced me for hundreds of dollars, to having my choice of two tobacco shops where they have everything (except Swedish tobacco, sadly) sitting right there. It's pretty, pretty, pretty ****ing sweet.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Cigarettes and Cigarette Smokers are the worst. I don't understand how anyone living in todays world with the knowledge of how harmful cigs are to you, can continue to smoke. They are nasty, smell horrible, and most importantly back up the line at Wawa. Seriously, the people who order cigs at Wawa are like "Let me get 2 packs of Marlboro Red Honey Bean Gorilla Horn Menthol Soft Pack and 2 cartons of Newport Short Buttermilk Black Lung Reserve Wood Tip Yellow pack with the poppable ball"...then the cashier stumbles around for 35 minutes trying to find the right pack and the future cancer patient has to correct them 4 times and play the up, up, down, left, over two, down three...crane game to get the damn cigs.

Then after they finally smoke there life away they with no hesitation flick the butt out the window causing piles and piles of cigs to stack up along roadways.

Do me a favor Cig Smokers, go hang out with Gritty in a dark alley.
I may have to start if they have those varieties available!

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
If they didn’t take away the names in the packages, numbers wouldn’t be necessary.
I think Marlboro menthols are the “silver pack” now. Lights are the gold. It’s ridiculous.

Thats the thing thats hard for most cashiers. All these people come up and want "Ultra Lights" there is no pack that says it, you just have to know thats the silver pack. They want Marlboro Lights thats the gold. Oh you want Marlboro Milds? Thats the Light Blue pack, but not the pack with the green stripe those are Mild Menthol, and not the Dark Blue pack those are "rich". Or the Light Menthol which look just like the regular menthol but have white space around the green label. Then they have all their normal cigs in 1000 different sizes. Eighty-Threes, Seventy-twos, 100s, etc. As a non-smoker who works back there it's a f*** ton to remember, and people get annoyed as shit when you don't know what they are talking about. Then theres dumb f***s that don't specify, but just expect you to know. Can I get a pack of Kool? The Blue? The Red? The Green? 100s not 100s? Or the f*** that wants a certain kind that isn't on display like I can just go in the back and procure his specialty brand out of my anus. The E-Cigs are even worse. I have no idea what box is just a cartridge or a device or a flavor of anything. There like no information on half of them and I have no idea what it what. Chewing Tobacco at least all have a label right on them that says exactly what they are. Skoal Longcut Wintergreen says Skoal Longcut Wintergreen on the top of the tin.

Reactions: Defect

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I was a smoker for some time and agree on the smell. When I was full blown pack a day guy I would still go outside at bars to smoke as the smell was too much for me.

I will say though that there's no better smell in this world than a fresh deck. That's the only part of smoking that I miss.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Thats the thing thats hard for most cashiers. All these people come up and want "Ultra Lights" there is no pack that says it, you just have to know thats the silver pack. They want Marlboro Lights thats the gold. Oh you want Marlboro Milds? Thats the Light Blue pack, but not the pack with the green stripe those are Mild Menthol, and not the Dark Blue pack those are "rich". Or the Light Menthol which look just like the regular menthol but have white space around the green label. Then they have all their normal cigs in 1000 different sizes. Eighty-Threes, Seventy-twos, 100s, etc. As a non-smoker who works back there it's a **** ton to remember, and people get annoyed as **** when you don't know what they are talking about. Then theres dumb ****s that don't specify, but just expect you to know. Can I get a pack of Kool? The Blue? The Red? The Green? 100s not 100s? Or the **** that wants a certain kind that isn't on display like I can just go in the back and procure his specialty brand out of my anus. The E-Cigs are even worse. I have no idea what box is just a cartridge or a device or a flavor of anything. There like no information on half of them and I have no idea what it what. Chewing Tobacco at least all have a label right on them that says exactly what they are. Skoal Longcut Wintergreen says Skoal Longcut Wintergreen on the top of the tin.
If you can order by numbers for scratch-offs, you should be able to order by numbers for smokes. It's not like you have to invent some arcane new system, just print some extra stickers!

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I recently broke the screen on my google pixel 2 xl. Having it repaired at a kiosk at the deptford mall. They needed to order the screen so I have to wait for it to come in and then he will call me. I will let you know how it goes.
Did you get this done because if you have insurance they now may fix the screen for a small fee. Asurion now offers the service...they send a service tech to your house to replace the screen and it was $30. However, in my case the girl who came out pretty much left me high and dry because the back glass was cracked and said if she tried to replace it ….the back would shatter so she said to work out a replacement with Asurion. Problem was she already started heating my phone and she faded my screen! I called up the insurance company and I said she made my phone worse and I wasn't going to pay 175 bucks for a refurb phone because my existing phone was tolerable with the cracks on the side until she janked up my screen heating it up before checking if it could be worked on properly. Insurance company agreed...she needed to do proper triage beforehand so they waived the 175 bucks but I forced them to find a new phone they could send me in their inventory and not some refurb crap. Let's see if they actually send me a new one in a Samsung box (packaged). They said they would ……

Anyway.....I would hope that not everybody has the experience I had...but check with your insurance if you have it. Asurion's service is fairly new. Good option provided they do it right versus replacing the whole phone with a refurb which is what they usually give you. I have had refurbs from the insurance and the performance always wound up being worse....battery etc.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just watched Bo Burnhams directorial debut 'Eighth Grade.' Really insightful look into what is such an incredibly awkward time in a childs life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad