GDT: #61: FLYERS at Canadiens, Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
ObviousHomelyAmericanpainthorse-size_restricted.gif

Dude, calm down, you seem particularly ornery today.

Anyway, it went like this...
Magnum: The organization loves MacDonald, they would even sit Sanheim before him!
Me: Gordon clearly likes Sanheim and is not going to sit him any time soon.
You: SANHEIM'S NOT A TRUE FIRST PAIRING DMAN!
You made a reference to Sanheim being relied on by Gordon for first pairing minutes.

I replied that Sanheim being relied on for first pairing minutes right now illustrates a hole on the team for a first pairing defenseman.

You: “Non sequitur.”

That’s how it went.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
the two of you can have your fight.

But, my patience is gone.

Myers needs to be given a shot. And that means Mcdonald needs to sit. Period. I don't care about anything else.
Its ridiculous that we have no idea if he's a legit piece going forward or not.

We should have been clearer last season about Sanheim but we werent.... because of Mcdonald. same crap happening again.

I think bennyflyers commented yesterday along the lines---

he had never seen such a poor player cause such a disruption. First, Provorov and Ghost as young dman had to be burdened with carrying him. Then he blocked Sanheim. Now he's blocking Myers and soon Morin.
Not to mention myers and Morin should have been given a real chance last season. Morin should have never been sent down. Maybe he gets hurt, maybe he doesn't/

Its a freaking joke at this point. And makes me think the Flyers will never have management/coaching required to win a cup.
I’m in favor of playing Myers.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
You made a reference to Sanheim being relied on by Gordon for first pairing minutes.

I replied that Sanheim being relied on for first pairing minutes right now illustrates a hole on the team for a first pairing defenseman.

You: “Non sequitur.”

That’s how it went.

giphy.gif

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Did you not reference Gordon giving Sanheim first pairing minutes?

Did I not opine that Sanheim’s getting first pairing minutes illustrated the team’s current need for a first pairing D?

Did you not then accuse me of a “non sequitur”?

Not surprising you responded with a picture.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Did you not reference Gordon giving Sanheim first pairing minutes?

Did I not opine that Sanheim’s getting first pairing minutes illustrated the team’s current need for a first pairing D?

Did you not then accuse me of a “non sequitur”?

Not surprising you responded with a picture.

tenor.gif

Reactions: ajw12

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
AMac..you guys are CRAZY suggesting he needs to be benched for some likely scrub in Myers.

He's basically Bobby Orr and Batman rolled into one. He's a hockey-ninja-God in a perfect Starfish-y package.

#FARMER4CAPTAIN
#EXTENDFARMERASAP

Reactions: Chinatown88

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If you look at the advanced metrics, MacDonald is better than Hagg, less than Gudas and generally below the three kids. Which makes him the #5 D-man. And he's tied with Gudas for 5th in minutes per game. And has been solid on the PK.

Blaming MacDonald for this teams' recent struggles is silly.
And he's not the only starfish, Sanheim did an "8" (Russian judge only gave him a "5") last night.

Myers and then Morin will get their shot, if they produce and show they're ready to start next year, odds are both MacDonald and Hagg are history, unless Gudas gets moved at the TDL.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
We're just lucky that Hakstol, that fossilized dinosaur coach, got fired, otherwise MacDonald and Hagg would both be getting top 4 (or even top pair) minutes right now.

What a ****ing idiot he was.

Remember when they would be thrown out there at the end of games we we're leading to "shut down" the opposition? Good times...

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Remember when they would be thrown out there at the end of games we we're leading to "shut down" the opposition? Good times...

Ah yes, the "hold onto our asses while the puck is hemmed in and the opposing team gets endless zone time" strategy.

Hak was such a genius :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad