GDT: #61: FLYERS at Canadiens, Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Amac is what he is. A serviceable Bottom pairing guy on an average NHL team. Some argue he's better then that....well one guy does. Some argue he's a total liability. I think regardless of anyone's opinion about him, his days in Philly are coming to an end come this summer. Quite simply good NHL teams don't have guys like this and if Fletcher truly wants the Flyers to be a good NHL team next year, Amac will not be on the roster, that much is obvious.
Yup, spot on. If you can move him this summer, even if you have to retain the max 50%, you do it. That being said, there are teams that are short enough on D that you can probably move him with about 40% retention and get a 4th or 5th rounder back. Make the deal Chuck. Assuming Morin is healthy, Hagg can be the 7th man next season and Schlemko and Friedman can be depth call-ups at LHV.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Yup, spot on. If you can move him this summer, even if you have to retain the max 50%, you do it. That being said, there are teams that are short enough on D that you can probably move him with about 40% retention and get a 4th or 5th rounder back. Make the deal Chuck. Assuming Morin is healthy, Hagg can be the 7th man next season and Schlemko and Friedman can be depth call-ups at LHV.

sounds good but we are making assumptions that the flyers are looking to get rid of him.
if anything indications show they value him as a key player.

I wont be convinced that they dont view him as an ongoing piece until he's out of here.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Amac is what he is. A serviceable Bottom pairing guy on an average NHL team. Some argue he's better then that....well one guy does. Some argue he's a total liability. I think regardless of anyone's opinion about him, his days in Philly are coming to an end come this summer. Quite simply good NHL teams don't have guys like this and if Fletcher truly wants the Flyers to be a good NHL team next year, Amac will not be on the roster, that much is obvious.
m

Amac is not an NHL dman. He can’t even stand upright on his skates the whole game.

Mathematically, it can be done. I'm just sceptical and my gut feeling is telling me that they likely lose 3 out of 4.

Yea that would be the typical thing with this group. Eventually that has to change. I’m hoping that happens this year. It’s a big mental thing with this group that they sick when it matters most. They can’t deal with cold stretches.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Fletcher, Flusher and Fetcher. Had to read that one carefully good post.

Thank you. I stayed away from another variation of his name that would only be found on Urban Dictionary. ;) Alternatively, I could say that this team now needs less Fletcher and more Archer, considering the quality and quantity of arrows in its prospect quiver.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
sounds good but we are making assumptions that the flyers are looking to get rid of him.
if anything indications show they value him as a key player.

I wont be convinced that they dont view him as an ongoing piece until he's out of here.
Christ, I hope they can see the obvious. If not, the entire management group needs to go.

Landros2

Feb 17, 2019
not sure why you think that.
management and coaching clearly value McDonald over sanheim, morin, and Myers. the expansion draft was this summer I'd expect him to be protected.

at this point my dream trade would be packaging McDonald with Simmonds just so Myers can get a chance.
compensation irrelevant

why I think that? because I've watched the guy for the last 4 years. The management you refer to have all been fired. The same management that protected Weise and continued to employ Lehtera...that's what your basing your opinion on? I don't think he moves at the deadline, but if this team wants to be good next year then he shouldn't be one of the top 7 dmen. He just isn't very good.

Reactions: Curufinwe

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I don't think they need to give up a ton of assets to get a top Dman in a trade, nor overspend for one in free agency. I believe the pieces are here, they just need to be properly slotted and paired
This is the D I want to see next season:
Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers
Hagg
Depth at LHV: Schlemko, Friedman

pp1: Ghost
pp2: Sanheim/Myers

Pk1: Provorov-Gudas
pk2: Morin-Myers
pk fill-in: Sanheim

Done.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I don't think they need to give up a ton of assets to get a top Dman in a trade, nor overspend for one in free agency. I believe the pieces are here, they just need to be properly slotted and paired
Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers
Hagg

Done.
I'll never understand the need to complicate something as simple as this. Make it happen already!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

No. He's not serviceable. He's f***ing terrible.

Hope you're right that he's gone this summer. I'll throw a week long party.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers
Hagg

Done.

maybe trade hagg

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
If MacDonald is in the line up, I'm not watching.
zack-hill-flyers-dave-scott.jpg

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Gudas has a phone hearing. He'll be suspended a game or two I guess.

Myers will be in as will Mr. MacDonald.

Reactions: renberg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I won't lose it.

I hope Simmonds is traded today. He has value, MacDonald does not.

I'd love for his last game to be the Stadium Series and for him to beat the shit out of Malkin on his final shift and leave the ice to a thunderous applause with that long walk across across the field into the dressing room. Would be pretty cool.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Really dumb play by Gudas. I think he'll get 2-3 games, so Myers will surely play in Montreal and the outdoor game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad