GDT: #61: FLYERS at Canadiens, Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
It's a blessing to miss this slop of a game. Especially if the NHL pushes through and has the game on Saturday night when we're supposed to get 3/4 of an inch of rain.
Actually they played one in the rain before and the players said the ice was great it was like a constant Zamboni all game long. They just need to keep the ice making machine cranked up to freeze the new moisture.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Gudas already suspended 10 games for a vicious slash? So he will be considered a repeat offender for that type of offense and is going to probably get 2-3 games.

Maybe Myers plays well enough that when Gudas is available, they sit MacDonald finally?

Sad that we need injuries or suspensions to see players that both deserve to play and will also make the team better.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Gudas already suspended 10 games for a vicious slash? So he will be considered a repeat offender for that type of offense and is going to probably get 2-3 games.

Maybe Myers plays well enough that when Gudas is available, they sit MacDonald finally?

Sad that we need injuries or suspensions to see players that both deserve to play and will also make the team better.

I just think it goes back to the organization’s mindset of winning every game possible. That’s priority number one, and it’s a double edged sword.

They believe the vets give them a better chance, but more importantly value a couple more regular seasons wins above developing kids - if given the choice.

The NHL is truly a game focused on speed, and youth. Flyers need to fully embrace this.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Yes, his 10 game suspension was within the 18 month window that they have for "repeat offenders."

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yes, his 10 game suspension was within the 18 month window that they have for "repeat offenders."

If he can convince them it truly was an accident maybe he gets off with 1 game. I doubt it though. I'm thinking he misses the Stadium Series. Can he appeal it and push it back so he can play?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If he can convince them it truly was an accident maybe he gets off with 1 game. I doubt it though. I'm thinking he misses the Stadium Series. Can he appeal it and push it back so he can play?

Might be wrong, but I think you can only appeal 5+ which is why those infractions are rarely handed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad