Post-Game Talk: 6 wins in our last 24 games.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Life is a lot less stressful when you stop caring. I mean that about myself, but as I typed it, I realized that it could as easily be referencing the players.

Play with your kids, watch the new Ray Romano stand-up on Netflix. The world keeps turning.

Looking forward to management bending over and getting a barb wire wrapped baseball bat where the sun doesn't shine in trade after trade at the deadline.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I feel bad for taking for granted those hardworking, gritty but lacking skill and star power Oilers teams of the mid-late 90's and early 2000's.

Those teams feel like ****ing Glory Days compared to this garbage.
Thise teams were easy to cheer for. Skated like crazy and even though they were low on talent, they were fun to watch and hit/forechecked relentlessly. 2/3rds of the current bunch just fill a uniform and do nothing but show up late play after play after play.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Jack Hughes is already tying his noose.

I don’t think he’d go that far.

I can see him faking his own abduction after the Oilers win the lottery, where he then intentionally steps on a bear trap which is chained to an old iron bed that is bolted to the floor boards in an abandoned house. He saws his own foot off in a daring “escape” the day after the draft ends. Sure his hockey career is over, but he figured it was soon over anyways becoming an Oiler.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Carolina fan here....

FWIW, I thought you guys played very well tonight. I thought for sure this was a trap game, and you guys controlled the pace for most of the game, except maybe the last few minutes. Keep your heads up.
We don’t need your damn pity. Call me unwelcoming but we’ve seen these posts before and they never make us feel better.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Time for another Bobby Nicks “forensic audit” where the only thing he finds is a way to make the team, somehow, worse.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
There is so much to say but nothing to say at the same time. Management needs to burn for this product. Anyone directly linked to any of the terrible trades and signings that has put us in such a mess. They cannot be part of the oilers anymore. They hold too much negative history and mojo. Bob Green, Mactavish, Lowe, Howson has to be the main culprits that need to be cleansed from upper management. They have to go. You can't go on like this and do this to the players. This is just rot now.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Carolina fan here....

FWIW, I thought you guys played very well tonight. I thought for sure this was a trap game, and you guys controlled the pace for most of the game, except maybe the last few minutes. Keep your heads up.

No the teams head can't be up when it's firmly up their own asses.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
You should watch Tampa. Vasilevskiy makes regular ten bell saves. They don't play defense, they rely on an outstanding goaltender and then outscore everyone.

Nashville has had "the best" defense for 2 or 3 years now and won't win because the only thing that matters in today's NHL is offense and goaltending

Watch plenty off good teams play hockey to further show how shitty of a team the Oilers are. Tampa is a top team in hdc% year after year. So no not true. If you said defending champs Caps then sure, that makes more sense. They tend to give up a lot but always dangerous offensively.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Carolina fan here....

Lol keep your head up after missing the playoffs for the 100th time with no signs of that changing. No thanks I’ll stick to my bitching thanks.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
No pity intended. I'm right there with you, as Carolina currently has the longest playoff drought. I just don't think y'all are that far off from competing.

We're a one legged man competing in an ass kicking contest distance away from competing.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Carolina fan here....

Thanks @Penaltykiller17 we're in need of a bit of positive feed back around here. Good luck on your guys playoff push. o7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad