Post-Game Talk: 6 wins in our last 24 games.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Watch plenty off good teams play hockey to further show how ****ty of a team the Oilers are. Tampa is a top team in hdc% year after year. So no not true. If you said defending champs Caps then sure, that makes more sense. They tend to give up a lot but always dangerous offensively.

Who decides what a high danger chance is anyway? I've watched about 20 Tampa games this year and they regularly give up shots to guys in the low slot. Vasilevskiy regularly bails them out.

Vegas last year had no business make the SCF. Fleury played out of his mind and they got timely scoring.

Point is, you need elite goaltending and high powered offense these days. You can get by with a mediocre defense.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Time for another Bobby Nicks “forensic audit” where the only thing he finds is a way to make the team, somehow, worse.

The only forensic audit this fraud should be allowed to conduct is a career murder-suicide. Him and the rest of Katz’ loser squad.

Reactions: RegDunlop

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Ken just needs 8 or 9 more games
What can he do really?
What do we really want him to do?
Chia f***ed this team so bad, ......so bad....
I could just see him walking out of the office when he was canned.
FSKuOgb.gif

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Next year's special is the Katzburger. Sounds appetizing.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Lord the state of the Oilers is just so depressing. Garbage team in the here and now. If we’re being honest with ourselves, our prospect pool is average at best. We are stocked to the rafters with bad contracts and are, inconceivably, pressed up against the cap. It will literally take years to sort out and even then we will have to get more than a little lucky with picks and trades and bargain bin signings to be anything more than respectable also-rans. All the current management and scouts need to be flushed. From top to bloody bottom, burn it all.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers tried hard. THey just don't have the talent. What can you do

This is exactly it. We have nobody that is scoring other than Draisaitl, nobody.

Colby Cave can get 5 scoring chances and it doesn't matter because he's a no talent AHLer. But theres a dozen other players on this club that scored a goal to save their lives and some of those are our star players.

You can't have a team with 4 goal scorers and 3 of them are in a scoring funk. Not that's its possible to win many games with only 4 players capable of scoring in anycase.

Anyway I'll enjoy Drai being 3rd in NHL in goal scoring.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Chiasson with eight shots on goal. Cave with four. How does RNH play twenty minutes and get zero shots on goal in a game like that. This player is incapable of creating offense on his own. Honestly, I’d look at shopping him in the off-season.

Reactions: Messrules11

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Who decides what a high danger chance is anyway? I've watched about 20 Tampa games this year and they regularly give up shots to guys in the low slot. Vasilevskiy regularly bails them out.

Vegas last year had no business make the SCF. Fleury played out of his mind and they got timely scoring.

Point is, you need elite goaltending and high powered offense these days. You can get by with a mediocre defense.
No you cannot get by with a mediocre defense. Your defense doesn’t have to be a bunch of all stars but in today’s fast paced game , they need to be good puck movers and have a good level of on ice intelligence and vision, with solid passing skills and ability to jump into the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad