Post-Game Talk: #6| St. Louis Blues @ New York Islanders | October 14th | 1:00 PM | 3-2 OTW

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
What a comeback. Huge win. Huge third period.

I'm sure I'm not alone here in feeling bad about some of the negative stuff I said earlier in the thread.
I don't feel bad about the negative stuff at all, they deserved every bit of it and more. This was an awesome win but it only really matters if they can build off of it. On it's own, it's just 2 points. And for Barzal to be first star, c'mon. Boychuk1, Greiss2, Barzal3

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Am I the only one who expects over a point a game this season from Barzal still? I. D.o.n.t know advanced stats but they must suggest his production should be significantly higher

Last edited:
Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
First time in Islanders history to win after being shutout through 54 minutes and down more than a goal.

Reactions: dood

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
fun facts: Isles 18-6 shots in 3rd, face off % 39.3, Barzal going beast mode is a joy to watch
What's fun about sub 40% on FOs? And, yes, if the league played 3 on 3 all the time, Barzy would be a beast. Last years AS game was all the proof we need. Unfortunately for him, it is not the case.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
First game this season I missed AND this outcome. Was at work getting ping notifications, saw highlights and looks like it was a helluva game. How was Wahlstrom?

Good to see Barzal on the board as well.... oh yeah, I keep saying MDC has to do something, nice interception and saucer to Nelson on that goal!

SI

Feb 16, 2013
What's fun about sub 40% on FOs? And, yes, if the league played 3 on 3 all the time, Barzy would be a beast. Last years AS game was all the proof we need. Unfortunately for him, it is not the case.

he was in beast mode most of the 3rd- likes seeing Wahlstrom with Maty

road islander

Sep 16, 2019
West Warwick, RI
he was in beast mode most of the 3rd- likes seeing Wahlstrom with Maty
The entire team was in beast mode in the 3rd, though we shouldn't forget that Maty's first goal of the season was essentially another turnover that he got lucky on. Still, we'll take it and maybe it will be the one that lights the fuse. As for him and Wahly, we're all looking forward to seeing if chemistry develops between them. That is, if Wahly stays up.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
I don't know if this was discussed in this thread but Boychuk played a hell of a game today especially those final 5 minutes

Reactions: IslesCLT and dood

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
A good, come from behind win, a sign of experience, and a never-say-die attitude. Nice.

The kid looked good. Hustled, hit, shot... kept his shifts short. You could see the drive, the passion. he will be contributing soon, IMO.

Greiss is solid, solid. Would have no problems with him, should he re-sign for a reasonable salary.

Beau is keeping it up, good for him. Love him as the high guy on the PP.

But you know, I'm gonna say that STL could've been better. We played a good game, but I think, in the grind, STL is going to be tough, again. That said, when we meet them in the finals this year, I think we stand a good chance ;)

Just liking Trotz more and more. That Lee-Barzy-Khun thing, worked really well, and he rewarded them with more time together. That's a coach.

Ross is a pretty good skater. Played a good, disciplined game, and didn't look out of place. Great game.

Not a bad game by Dal Colle. Maybe his best yet?

Team overall, I'm ok with, right now. Played some tough teams so far, and looked pretty good. Lots to work on, but I feel like we are starting to jel, a bit.

Oh yeah, there was some mad, scrambley crap going on sometimes. Almost looked like they were playing with an Indian Rubber ball. Hot potato, like no one wanted it... weird.

On to the next victims... LFGI!!

Reactions: nyisleslover

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille