Post-Game Talk: #6| St. Louis Blues @ New York Islanders | October 14th | 1:00 PM | 3-2 OTW

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Just love reading this thread.
It really shows who are optimists and who are forever pessimists and who really have no idea what they are talking about.

Great team effort. Gave up a fluky goal and played the defending Stanley Cup champs to a stalemate. The Blues looked tired late. Isles finally got some puck luck, got energized and took over. This should snap them out of the scoring funk. Great job by Greiss keeping it close.

LGI

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Way to grind it out.

Still doesn't feel like we're playing at 100%

Hope to see some more speed and grit as this season progresses

Reactions: dood

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Hard to say who Wahlstrom reminds me of after just one game. Maybe Brock Nelson for now quite honestly.

Wahlstrom threw more hits in his first game today than I think Nelson has thrown in his whole career. So as far as physicality goes, I don't see the Nelson comparison. To me, in terms of recent NHLers, Wahlstrom looks like a more skilled Okposo in the early goings. Gritty and physical when needed but more skill and a harder shot imo.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Just love reading this thread.
It really shows who are optimists and who are forever pessimists and who really have no idea what they are talking about.

Great team effort. Gave up a fluky goal and played the defending Stanley Cup champs to a stalemate. The Blues looked tired late. Isles finally got some puck luck, got energized and took over. This should snap them out of the scoring funk. Great job by Greiss keeping it close.

LGI
Let’s not get too carried away on the win, sure it was great to see them steal 2 pts but the realist not pessimist still sees their struggles to score goals but as a realist, I like them 3 on 3 with any team in league.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Let’s not get too carried away on the win, sure it was great to see them steal 2 pts but the realist not pessimist still sees their struggles to score goals but as a realist, I like them 3 on 3 with any team in league.

Right but wahlstrom looking nhl ready is exactly what this team needs. Now we just need a healthy eberle

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Just relax everyone with their glass half full attitudes. Season is still early. We should wait until mid November when we will all realize how bad this team really is.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Just relax everyone with their glass half full attitudes. Season is still early. We should wait until mid November when we will all realize how bad this team really is.
cover2.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad