Post-Game Talk: #6| St. Louis Blues @ New York Islanders | October 14th | 1:00 PM | 3-2 OTW

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
With respect to Barzal's shooting...

- I think it's a good thing, as someone stated earlier, to maybe balance out his skills, a bit. Become less predictable.

- His timing and aim are a bit off, but that's to be expected. His shot speed isn't too bad, given his propensity to pass.

- One shot that I think might help him, that I'd like to see him work on, is his backhand. He is, without a doubt, going to have many really good looks, due to his speed, quickness, and high IQ, and if can develop it to the point that it's Frans-ish good, he will be even more dangerous.

Wowzers.... I would love to see that.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
One thing I noticed when looking at the stats of the last game was Beauvillier was the most used forward with 20 minutes and 25 shifts. Beau seems to be playing with confidence right now and Trotz also seems to trust him because he uses him in all situations: ES, PP, PK and OT.

I'm happy to see that Beau has progressed (I know it's only six games but it looks like that) and I hope it will continue!

Reactions: dood and Molo

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Two things to say about this game. Oliver Wahlstrom is what Dal Colle should have been. Wahlstrom needs to stay.

Secondly, I really thought I would miss Howie. Didn't think anybody could beat his quick wit. Brendan Burke is a great play by play guy and still love Howie, but Burke is equal in my eyes. Yesterday when he said, "Trotz talked about the team playing 60 minutes but he'll have to settle for 6 tonight" made me laugh out loud for real. I really like Burke.

Burke is the man. But yeah, I do miss Howie. For the first like 15 years of my fandom, he was the voice of the isles. The majority of the memorable moments in my memory were called by him

Reactions: LeapOnOver

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Burke is the man. But yeah, I do miss Howie. For the first like 15 years of my fandom, he was the voice of the isles. The majority of the memorable moments in my memory were called by him

Really I don't think there was a duo I've ever liked more than Jaffe and Howie. They had off the roof chemistry. Burke can go toe to toe with Howie, but Butchie is nowhere close to Jaffe in color commentating.

Reactions: TommytheCat

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Really I don't think there was a duo I've ever liked more than Jaffe and Howie. They had off the roof chemistry. Burke can go toe to toe with Howie, but Butchie is nowhere close to Jaffe in color commentating.
Jaffe was good, but he spoke the truth which was a no no under the Snow/Wang regime

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Wow...Boychuk keeping it in the zone was amazing
Massive play by Boychuk
Holy shit that play by Boychuk.
They got a lucky bounce, we get a lucky bounce.

the play was Manchuck keeping it in.
What a shift by Boychuk
What a play by Boychuk on that keep in!

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY 2020.
so of course this is a massive bump. Funny how this is from Columbus Day 2019 I am one of the let’s keep Boychuk fans .He is not like any of our other D men. Let’s not forget he started in the NHL at a little later age than most so it’s not the amount of career games. So he gets hurt. If he can play 45-50 games I’m ok with that. LGI

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY 2020.
so of course this is a massive bump. Funny how this is from Columbus Day 2019 I am one of the let’s keep Boychuk fans .He is not like any of our other D men. Let’s not forget he started in the NHL at a little later age than most so it’s not the amount of career games. So he gets hurt. If he can play 45-50 games I’m ok with that. LGI
One more year, then he joins the coaching staff?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad