Prospect Info: 6 scouts sacked -Gare-MACGREGOR -Davis-Hawley-Samenko-Moores

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I guess everybody forgot already that Tambellini did a lot of house cleaning not long after he took over too. Included in those dismissals were a friend of Lowe named Mactavish and Kevin Lowe's own brother Ken. Those were also moves that signaled Lowe couldn't be involved anymore because he'd never allow them. Lowe hasn't been good at firing his buddies but others have. Unless you guy's are like Narnia and believe Lowe hasn't had anything to do with hockey since Tambellini was hired haven't we seen the team do this before? Im not trying to stir anything up here, I'm just saying it's really naive to think Lowe isn't still involved until we've seen how this plays out a little bit. We've been burned quite a few times already. I'd feel much better about things if he wasn't here at all.
There's a difference between letting a trainer go and firing several scouts...

MacTavish was either fired or resigned depending on who's doing the talking.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
I'm afraid of the one and gun GM style of management. Although there is a hierarchy, it seems like Chia wants full and absolute control. "Expanded roles," was just another way of saying, "these idiots are still here because I'm not allowed to fire them, so they'll just being doing random, meaningless crap on the daily."

Rethink that logic. Dictators aren't faced with 'not being allowed to fire people'.

Also, this isn't government, it's business. Almost any hierarchical corporate structure functions much like this one appears to.

oilz89*

I'm afraid of the one and gun GM style of management. Although there is a hierarchy, it seems like Chia wants full and absolute control. "Expanded roles," was just another way of saying, "these idiots are still here because I'm not allowed to fire them, so they'll just being doing random, meaningless crap on the daily."

Better then what Mact is and was imo. Exactly. I have a feeling he doesn't like those 2 idiots but he's forced to keep them. So he's gonna give them meaningless jobs that lets them make money

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Rethink that logic. Dictators aren't faced with 'not being allowed to fire people'.

Also, this isn't government, it's business. Almost any hierarchical corporate structure functions much like this one appears to.

I think you've taken the moniker too literally here..

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
So a goalie before the draft has to be acquired by trade. So I guess that means one of:

Talbot
Bernier
Ward
Gibson
Lehtonen
Anderson
Lack

or other?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's a shame it had to come to this, Moore certainly has a great reputation in town and around the league. I think it's on Lowe and co. for dragging their friends through this mess.

But there's nothing wrong with striving to be better. Status quo is the devil, change is good. All hail Chia!

How great of a reputation is it that no one has really looked at him as an option for their team? Instead his buddies made up a position for me to keep him around.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I see you have mastered the art of selective listening. That is not what Nicholson said.

Listen to between 13-14min.:help:

I'd rather trust what Jason Gregor said 2 minutes ago. He's on the business side and not on the hockey side. Also said MacT isn't GM material but could be more useful in a lesser role.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
How great of a reputation is it that no one has really looked at him as an option for their team? Instead his buddies made up a position for me to keep him around.

We don't know that teams haven't, that sort of thing isn't usually public.
But even then, I was referring to his reputation as a person.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Oooh, the plot Scrivens.
jHQDhev.gif

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Who calls the shots for the Oilers?

A. Bob Nicholson
B. Jason Gregor

I guess you can believe whatever you want, but please dont pawn it off as absolute fact, because that is ****ing nonsense.

Who even cares. It's clear that Chia has the balls to make his own moves and isn't going to listen to people and treat their words as gospel.

You're argument is weak at best. Lowe might have a job that might allow him to talk to the GM that might include talks about hockey players that might influence his decision that might lead to a possible trade that might a bad trade.

That's a lot of mights.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The only thing Chia has to do to attain the alpha male position is buyout Nikitin.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'm all for this. It's nice to know who's making all the decisions, good or bad. So sick of the shell game played by the previous regime where nobody knew who was responsible for anything. Guys were able to dodge accountability for years that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad