Speculation: 6 points out of playoffs

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I mean, we can still sell Suter, Erne and Vrana.
Nope.

Erne, sure, but his trade value went to 0 once he became an AHLer.

Suter I'm not a big fan of, but he's center depth.

Vrana could be the difference between winning a playoff round or not.... assuming there's still a chance he makes a game-day lineup again.

7bjm8o.jpg

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
What is a package of Meier & Karlsson (with no retention) worth?

Rumours were that SJ was seeking 3 x 1st round assets for Karlsson with 20% retained. What is he worth with no retention? 1 x 1st round asset?

Then for Meier they want a 1st + Prospect + Roster player?

Could something like Hronek + 2023 1st + Wallinder/Cossa + Fabbri work?

Im sure sharks would insist on Edvinsson/Kasper. Ill add value (St louis 2nd? + other picks/prospects) but Ed + Kasper is my line in the sand. Detroit will need their ELCs to make this all work.

To really make this happen Detroit may need to find a way to ditch Chairot. Maybe not next season but before extensions on Seider/Raymond kick in. Not sure if he has "value" in a trade like this or else where.

• Wow
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Nope.

Erne, sure, but his trade value went to 0 once he became an AHLer.

Suter I'm not a big fan of, but he's center depth.

Vrana could be the difference between winning a playoff round or not.... assuming there's still a chance he makes a game-day lineup again.

7bjm8o.jpg

I thought Vrana had a reputation of sucking in the postseason in Washington?

EDIT: yeah, Vrana looks useless in the postseason.

45 gp, 3g 8p -5
Jakub Vrána at eliteprospects.com

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Give me Ryan O’Reilly to pair up with Perron on the 3rd line. Two way player and guy knows how to win. He’ll dominate in a lesser role. A run for the cup will ignite a spark in his butt too. He’s the guy.

Reactions: 14ari13

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
What is a package of Meier & Karlsson (with no retention) worth?

Rumours were that SJ was seeking 3 x 1st round assets for Karlsson with 20% retained. What is he worth with no retention? 1 x 1st round asset?

Then for Meier they want a 1st + Prospect + Roster player?

Could something like Hronek + 2023 1st + Wallinder/Cossa + Fabbri work?

Im sure sharks would insist on Edvinsson/Kasper. Ill add value (St louis 2nd? + other picks/prospects) but Ed + Kasper is my line in the sand. Detroit will need their ELCs to make this all work.

To really make this happen Detroit may need to find a way to ditch Chairot. Maybe not next season but before extensions on Seider/Raymond kick in. Not sure if he has "value" in a trade like this or else where.

I really don't want Karlsson on this team. He's fun to watch but not someone I associate with winning hockey, and his contract is hideous. I also don't want to trade Wallinder because he's the kind of guy that maybe he turns into an Alex Edler, or maybe he turns into a Rasmus Andersson.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
All our players would or should be better next season. Seider, Raymond, Rasmussen, Veleno, Berggren, Hronaissance... should be better.
Right, so add Meier and we will have some dominating games.

Bertuzzi(?) - Larkin - Meier
Raymond - Copp - Berggren

I mean, that is a pretty good top 6 to me. Balance of grit, scoring, and playmaking on both lines. Then, get Kasper more reps at 2C early to try to get him acclimated to a higher level. Then you can move copp to 3C and really balance out the lineup quickly.

I had a trade idea that I have said multiple times, but it would be Rasmussen/Vrana/condtional 1st for Meier. Do i think that's what it takes? no. probably have to add a pretty good prospect, but I'd be happy with adding a lot of players into that mix so. That's that I guess.

Give me Ryan O’Reilly to pair up with Perron on the 3rd line. Two way player and guy knows how to win. He’ll dominate in a lesser role. A run for the cup will ignite a spark in his butt too. He’s the guy.
ROR is and never will be the guy. Perron too.

I thought Vrana had a reputation of sucking in the postseason in Washington?

EDIT: yeah, Vrana looks useless in the postseason.

45 gp, 3g 8p -5
Jakub Vrána at eliteprospects.com
He also played on the fourth line on a team that doesn't run all 4 lines, so he didn't have much ice time to do anything.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I really don't want Karlsson on this team. He's fun to watch but not someone I associate with winning hockey, and his contract is hideous. I also don't want to trade Wallinder because he's the kind of guy that maybe he turns into an Alex Edler, or maybe he turns into a Rasmus Andersson.

It's definitely a little crazy but I think Detroit could make some serious noise. Seider could take the hard match ups freeing Karlsson up to do his thing.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Raymond
Meier-Copp-Perron
Kubalik-Rasmussen/Veleno-Berggren
Rasmussen/Veleno-Suter-Vrana

Walman-Seider
Maatta-Karlsson
Chairot-Lindstrom

Husso
Hellberg(Ned)

I ran this all through Capfriendly and it is financially sustainable assuming Larkin/Meier sign for under 9 and Bertuzzi signs for 7 or less.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
w
It's definitely a little crazy but I think Detroit could make some serious noise. Seider could take the hard match ups freeing Karlsson up to do his thing.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Raymond
Meier-Copp-Perron
Kubalik-Rasmussen/Veleno-Berggren
Rasmussen/Veleno-Suter-Vrana

Walman-Seider
Maatta-Karlsson
Chairot-Lindstrom

Husso
Hellberg(Ned)

I ran this all through Capfriendly and it is financially sustainable assuming Larkin/Meier sign for under 9 and Bertuzzi signs for 7 or less.
...so who did you give up for meier and karlsson?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

No, not really. San Jose tried that with Brent Burns/EK65 and it worked horribly. And they were a better team than Detroit was.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
No, not really. San Jose tried that with Brent Burns/EK65 and it worked horribly. And they were a better team than Detroit was.
Just because Karlsson and Burns didnt work out for SJ doesnt mean Seider and Karlsson cant work for detroit. It's different players in different situations. With that logic teams couldn't ever have more than one good line lol.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

why not? he's historically played well in both the Playoffs and Olympics

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
I think EK65 wants to go a team that can win the Stanley Cup as well. Otherwise he won't leave SJ imo.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Not picking on you, just ROR. He is trash and should be nowhere near our locker room.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'll take it one step further. I wouldn't want EK on this team if he were free.

Unless the plan is to have Lalonde implement all that defensive structure, then watch him blow a gasket as a single player obliterates the entire thing.

A successful roster isn't the one that's up for the Art Ross and Norris every year. It's the one that can play great two-way hockey when the games count, and that's the allergy that apparently EK cannot cure.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Remember when the Wings traded away a Karlsson in '96 and started winning? EK is not a foundational piece for a winner. A succeeds because he doesn't have to adhere to any kind of defensive structure.

Hard pass.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Remember when the Wings traded away a Karlsson in '96 and started winning? EK is not a foundational piece for a winner. A succeeds because he doesn't have to adhere to any kind of defensive structure.

Hard pass.

Seider and Larkin are the foundational pieces. Karlsson would be the elite offensive talent that raises the ceiling of this team.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Seider and Larkin are the foundational pieces. Karlsson would be the elite offensive talent that raises the ceiling of this team.
At the expense of ridiculous ga/60 for a guy that doesn't sniff the PK. The goals allowed while he is on ice is as historic as his offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad