GDT: #6: Panthers 5 at FLYERS 6 (2-1 SO), Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I am actually talking about his season last year - 8 total points and a -8 as I believe a whole season is better to judge him by then a handful of games. He played his way out of a roster spot last season yet people on here are feeling optimistic about him bc he hasn't been a total waste for a handful of games?

He's a short-term patch, Knight is a short-term patch, Weise is "in emergency, break glass" player.
We have JVR and Patrick injured, these guys aren't playing because they're seen as starters.
Frankly, Lehtera, Knight, Weal, Leier, Weise, who cares? They're just bodies buying time for kids to develop.

Rubtsov showed in preseason that he's not that far away, looked comfortable playing against NHL players, just needs time in the AHL to get comfortable in pro hockey and work on his offense, and he'll be pushing for the 4C job.

In the same fashion Twarynski showed he's a real NHL prospect, physical player with good speed and nice shot who plays smart.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Y’all bitch about the dumbest shit.

Nobody forces you to watch the games if you don’t like the product.

Nobody forces you to root for the Flyers.

It’s getting tiresome reading the same bullshit game after game. Night after night.

If you don’t like the coach we don’t need to bring it into every thread. If you don’t like the players we don’t need to hear it every second.

Yes. Hägg and Macdonald are trash but they are just pawns. Nobody thought we’d be contending for a cup with the goalies we’ve had the last two years.

There is no reason to buy out Jori with his contract in his final year. Hell. He hasn’t looked bad for fourth line standards. If he wasn’t included, we wouldn’t of got that second first and you couldn’t gush your brains out over the next prospect.

Just ride it out. There’s no point to let this effect your every day life and make y’all as angry as you need to be. This used to be a great sub forum. Now I can’t even spend time in the GDT’s or go back and read them if I’m working or at the game because I can paraphrase it after seeing the score.

Sports have the good and the bad. It’s a roller coaster ride.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What's wrong with Hagg this year, other than being paired with a deadweight.
I mean he's not top 4 quality, but he is definitely improved, more confident offensively, and out of position less often.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
7B39CD28-A1F3-409E-B55C-0754FDF53B65.jpeg

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I am not sure why Florida have such a record... They are definitely a better team on paper... I hope we win this one but you know how it is with our team.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Y’all ***** about the dumbest ****.

Nobody forces you to watch the games if you don’t like the product.

Nobody forces you to root for the Flyers.

It’s getting tiresome reading the same bull**** game after game. Night after night.

If you don’t like the coach we don’t need to bring it into every thread. If you don’t like the players we don’t need to hear it every second.

Yes. Hägg and Macdonald are trash but they are just pawns. Nobody thought we’d be contending for a cup with the goalies we’ve had the last two years.

There is no reason to buy out Jori with his contract in his final year. Hell. He hasn’t looked bad for fourth line standards. If he wasn’t included, we wouldn’t of got that second first and you couldn’t gush your brains out over the next prospect.

Just ride it out. There’s no point to let this effect your every day life and make y’all as angry as you need to be. This used to be a great sub forum. Now I can’t even spend time in the GDT’s or go back and read them if I’m working or at the game because I can paraphrase it after seeing the score.

Sports have the good and the bad. It’s a roller coaster ride.
giphy.gif

There there, once Hak is fired we'll all go back to being friends like we were before...oh wait.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I wonder how the rest of the defense feels about the worst member of the group being the highest paid?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I doubt they give a fig, players know the score, you start "cheap" (poor babies, only $700K a year), then your RFA contract, then either a RFA/UFA extension or a UFA contract. The team doesn't give bonuses for outplaying your contract, so players don't really care that a player gets overpaid either.

Unless the team is up against the cap, then he's taking money out of your pocket!

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
If we have to lose, I hope it's ugly.
Ugly home are toughest for management to ignore.

However, pls just win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad