GDT: #6|Metallica at PPG|Pens on the road to Toronto....Hey #50, It's my Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well I guess I can put my Sully voodoo doll away for one more game at least...but a L4 of Sheahan-Cullen-Sprong? Poor Sprong...with Simon it was bad, but at least someone could maybe get him the puck...with Sheahan? Good luck...he’ll be lucky to get a shot tonight...

Reactions: ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Maatta-Oleksiak will be defending Austin Matthews.

Well, I guess if there was anything that could keep me from cringing at the thought of JMFJ having to defend John Tavares, THAT might be it.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Maatta-Oleksiak will be defending Austin Matthews.

Well, I guess if there was anything that could keep me from cringing at the thought of JMFJ having to defend John Tavares, THAT might be it.
Not worried about Tavares ...
3bxRhO5.jpg

Reactions: ColePens and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Im late to the party.. happy birthday guys!!

And is Sprong really being sat? Quite a lot of disappointment in 5 games so far. Poor effort, poor lines, poor individual efforts, east to west play, just ****ing everything lol.

I don't know, @ColePens . . . it makes sense to me for a team scoring 2.5 goals per in its last 4 to scratch its 3rd highest scoring winger.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I left my phone upstairs... i'm just going to sit back and enjoy this game. Until we are down 2-3 goals and then i'll come online and whine like a little baby.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I always said actions >>>>> words. That's how you tell what is going on. Not starting Riikola at the beginning of the season was a perfect example that Sully is falling into what 90% of coaches do and that is fall in love with the past. ****... Scotty Bowman directly told him to make sure he doesn't do it. That's how big of a trap to ALL coaches it is.

I believe Scotty's words of wisdom to Sully were "It's a new season. What worked last year doesn't matter." So sitting a guy who was on fire in preseason for a guy who literally was a dump truck of poop is a clear example of this taking place. And now he's panicking again and taking out the risky player to put in safer players.

Unlike everyone else who will panic, i'm keeping these in my back pocket as little red flags. If they stay consistent, I'll guarantee you i'll put together a pretty lengthy argument against Sully. A worthless internet argument that may get me a few likes and 0 credit for anything else. :laugh:

The red flags are not a new development.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
One thing working in our favor is Maatta has always had some of his better games against JT.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My biggest gripe with Sullivan is that he seems to be too hesitant to try unique ideas, him defaulting back to the same lines that weren't producing 2 games ago is a great example of that. I don't see Sullivan being the kind of coach that makes a bold lineup decision, or the coach that has the patience to see if a lineup decision will end up working.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
My biggest gripe with Sullivan is that he seems to be too hesitant to try unique ideas, him defaulting back to the same lines that weren't producing 2 games ago is a great example of that. I don't see Sullivan being the kind of coach that makes a bold lineup decision, or the coach that has the patience to see if a lineup decision will end up working.

Sheahan is on LW dude. Wait until you see it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Hesitant or unimaginative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad