GDT: #6|Metallica at PPG|Pens on the road to Toronto....Hey #50, It's my Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This team deserves to lose if they're scratching players who don't deserve to be scratched. This isn't even specifically about Sprong, it has to do with players who are doing well and actually giving some effort out there being punished.

Reactions: Andy99 and Trade

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Sprong is producing playing with the ghost of Matt Cullen and Riley Sheahan but he’s the one scratched. :popcorn:

You gotta think we come out playing tonight. Beat the good teams and lay a turd against easily beatable teams.

Sprong is really doomed here. We’ve all said it, but if he isn’t gonna be tried with Sid, he needs to be traded for his LW counterpart.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
How does it feel to know that basically every fan base save one is rooting for you tonight?

Keep this on the down low but this Caps fan is rooting for you as well.

It's like when Dwight shunned Andy on The Office but kept "unshunning" him talk to him. Tonight the Pens are "un-shunned" for me. :laugh:
Strange because we're used to being the hated team. But i guess even that pales in comparison to how much people hate the Leafs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Same day Sprong is given a chance to succeed by Sully.

Well the media folks are predicting it won’t be tonight...

Appears that both Sprong and Olek will be scratched for Grant and Ruh....why? Just because....

EDIT...one more reason to hate Sully...I’m getting my Sully voodoo doll out for tonight...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sounds like Sprong will be a scratch.

Cue the fireworks.

I don't really care enough at this point to gripe about it too much.

I'm just going to call Sprong "Despres Jr" and assume he'll be dealt at some point for a prospect from a team whose coach also seems to dislike him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's just frustrating to see Sullivan's personal grudges are causing him to make bad lineup decisions as the team is struggling. It's a bad look for Sullivan that he's letting his dislike of a player makes him scratch one of the few players who's actually playing well, when the team as a whole has been terrible. What kind of message does that send?

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pixies.. I know you are going to try to defend your turf until hell freezes over, but there are a lot of frustrations to start 5 total games. Sid is a ghost, as usual. The team's effort is shit. Geno is probably responsible for 5-6 goals against just himself :laugh:. Murray has been putrid. They aren't playing fast. The lines are laughable. Sully seems to be losing answers and falling into the DB trap of "Omg it worked before... do it." He's not trusting players that are uncomfortable for him, which is a pretty strong reason to me that a coach doesn't have a good pulse on his team.

If you had me sum up the season so far in one word - disappointing. But it's October and we have plenty of time to turn things around. I'm not asking you or anyone to be frustrated. I'm just trying to say I completely understand why fans are frustrated right now.

For me, i'm an optimistic person. But if the team isn't going to give effort, i'm not going to put my time (most valuable thing I have) back into them until they really start caring themselves.

By the by - starting Murray tonight is an idiotic decision. That Vancouver game was where he should have started. Throwing him out there with zero confidence and a week off against a team like Toronto is crazy. Have MAF's therapist on speed dial. And even if he gets a shut out, it's still a dumb idea. IF the intention was to play him tonight, he needed to play Tuesday.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Well the media folks are predicting it won’t be tonight...

Appears that both Sprong and Olek will be scratched for Grant and Ruh....why? Just because....

EDIT...one more reason to hate Sully...I’m getting my Sully voodoo doll out for tonight...
Use an extra rusty pin for me please

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's just frustrating to see Sullivan's personal grudges are causing him to make bad lineup decisions as the team is struggling. It's a bad look for Sullivan that he's letting his dislike of a player makes him scratch one of the few players who's actually playing well, when the team as a whole has been terrible. What kind of message does that send?

I always said actions >>>>> words. That's how you tell what is going on. Not starting Riikola at the beginning of the season was a perfect example that Sully is falling into what 90% of coaches do and that is fall in love with the past. f***... Scotty Bowman directly told him to make sure he doesn't do it. That's how big of a trap to ALL coaches it is.

I believe Scotty's words of wisdom to Sully were "It's a new season. What worked last year doesn't matter." So sitting a guy who was on fire in preseason for a guy who literally was a dump truck of poop is a clear example of this taking place. And now he's panicking again and taking out the risky player to put in safer players.

Unlike everyone else who will panic, i'm keeping these in my back pocket as little red flags. If they stay consistent, I'll guarantee you i'll put together a pretty lengthy argument against Sully. A worthless internet argument that may get me a few likes and 0 credit for anything else. :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Pens should have this played in lieu of the US national anthem tonight:

Sprong is really doomed here. We’ve all said it, but if he isn’t gonna be tried with Sid, he needs to be traded for his LW counterpart.

It would be something if the coach realized that he could potentially play on line 2 or 3 also.

Sounds like Sprong will be a scratch.

Cue the fireworks.

Probably better that Sprong's not playing tonight. I'd rather not have what's about to happen pinned on him.

Last edited:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hey guys question.. I am a huge Metallica fan and wondering is the concert like earlier in the dayor are we getting Metallica during the game? Hoping it is the latter...

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Sullivan is making awful decisions.

Sitting Sprong and putting Rust at Line1 is just so dumb.

Rust with Sid DOESN'T work, stop trying it.

Insanity. Give Sprong a game with Sid.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
It's starting to look like the coaching staff has decided only 2 or 3 certain players can be scratched. The rest appear to be safe no matter what.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hey guys question.. I am a huge Metallica fan and wondering is the concert like earlier in the dayor are we getting Metallica during the game? Hoping it is the latter...
Pens game starts at 7:00 pm in Toronto.
Metallica concert starts at 7:30 here in pittsburgh at PPG PAINTS ARENA.

Reactions: Kamiccolo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad