GDT: #6|Metallica at PPG|Pens on the road to Toronto....Hey #50, It's my Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Does Toronto win by a touchdown, or do the Pens decide that playing defense is actually something they might attempt to do?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens are not in any cup run window. That is over. What is needed is the Pens need to grasp no one is laying down and thinking they are unbeatable. Now 7 games is not any indicator in a long season. But at some point and hopefully this road trip they show the sense of urgency and pride to play much better. If not and this team has become lazy and content, GMJR will need to really shake it up. NO way management stands for going through the motions and no hustle. Player know they have it good here. Pens are a winning franchise and expect the players to win. Time to start acting like it.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
The Penguins better not get dunked on. I do not want to go to work tomorrow in an office full of Leafs fans hearing about how Matthews and Tavares are better than Sid and Geno AINEC.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Penguins outlook for the season with Sully: Fade to Black

smkHI7f.gif

Who says Black is a bad thing?
Am I not BLACKENED as a Penguin?
AM I EVIL to the rest of the league?
Have I not SEEK & DESTROY?
Do I not pull you like MOTH INTO FLAME?
Did I not slay KING NOTHING?
Did they not draw THE SHORTEST STRAW?
Are we TRAPPED UNDER ICE?

MEMORY REMAINS that MAMA SAID, "FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE AND JUSTICE FOR ALL", or thereabouts. My dad was good for BATTERY. Don't let CREEPING DEATH get to you, Put your WHISKY IN A JAR, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

This isn't "THE GARAGE DAYS REVISITED."

Let's go add FUEL to the fire, go BLITZKRIEG, and be HARVESTER OF SORROW!

NO REMORSE, WELCOME HOME my friend....
We are.... SOME KIND OF MONSTER.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Rust with Sid doesn't work. Horny with Sid didn't work. Kessel with Sid doesn't work....

Man I wish there was another skilled right winger with a heavy shot that we could slot into Sid's RW...
I personally wish Sid would step his game up and start taking matters into his own hands. His issues have nothing to do with his wingers.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I would expect the pens to show up in this one to avoid getting embarrassed. That said i don't know if they care that much about getting spanked early in the season either, considering the 10-1, 7-1, 7-1 losses last year in Oct/Nov. Pens forwards need to be engaged in the dzone for this team to have success - unfortunately we don't see that until later in the year nowadays.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah. I think they’ll show up for this one...does it matter? I just don’t think they’re good enough right now to beat TOR....maybe if TOR goalie sucks and our goalie, whoever it is, stands on his head....

EDIT...just saw that Murr and Andersen are starting....poor Murr, they’re throwing him into the fire...I really hope he plays well and gets some confidence...I fear for our goaltending future if it turns out to be the opposite....

Last edited:
Reactions: vikingGoalie

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Does Toronto win by a touchdown, or do the Pens decide that playing defense is actually something they might attempt to do?

What is like...the biggest score in curling? They'll win by double that.

Great GDT. I think the Leafs are going to kick our **** in.

I can't figure out what four letter word you used....I'd have guessed that sentence would have 'face' however, that isn't it. Maybe it is a no-no zone. Maybe a version of poop? But I've not heard kick our shit in.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I personally wish Sid would step his game up and start taking matters into his own hands. His issues have nothing to do with his wingers.
Oh I don't disagree. He's been invisible to start the year. I do think that tonight is the night for him to show the kind of player we all know he is.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I can't figure out what four letter word you used....I'd have guessed that sentence would have 'face' however, that isn't it. Maybe it is a no-no zone. Maybe a version of poop? But I've not heard kick our **** in.

You've never had your dick kicked in before? Lucky you.

Edit: Welp, guess not :laugh:

Reactions: EightyOne

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How does it feel to know that basically every fan base save one is rooting for you tonight?

Keep this on the down low but this Caps fan is rooting for you as well.

It's like when Dwight shunned Andy on The Office but kept "unshunning" him talk to him. Tonight the Pens are "un-shunned" for me. :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
How does it feel to know that basically every fan base save one is rooting for you tonight?

It's like when Dwight shunned Andy on The Office but kept "unshunning" him talk to him. Tonight the Pens are "un-shunned" for me. :laugh:

I will never return the favor. Sorry. The Caps can burn in hell. No offense, you seem like a nice person.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Eh, I like the Leafs, always have. I like their great fanbase, I love their Uni's, I really like the makeup of their team and I think they are currently the most enjoyable watch in the NHL.

Personally I'm torn with the game tonight. I think the Pens are going in a bad direction and the easiest, quickest way to get change is for them to hit the skids. Dare I say.....Go Leafs? @ keeping it real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia