News Article: 6 Alternate Captains

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
NY is spoiled by having some great captains. Messier, McDonagh and Callahan played with their heart on their sleeves. Who on this team fits this bill?

IMO there is only one. Mika should get the "C". Drury must of had someone in mind when he opened his mouth about this team having a captain this year. He himself,... was a captain for 3 years here.

If Mika doesn't get the "C", then nobody should be named Captain.

Last edited:

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
So Gallant lied in our face, when he said we'd have a captain before the season starts?

It's the Rangers way of doing the fans and since I'm very much used to the F.O. lying, I don't sweat it.

Any chance we have 1 C and 6 A's?
Lol. That would be something. Two Western Division road trips. Two Eastern Division road trips and two alternates for the home games and a permanent captain.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I don’t care cause it doesn’t really matter but I do hope they find new creative ways to not name a captain going forward lol.

“Fans, take out your phones and direct your attention to the jumbotron. Choose which player you’d like to see wear the A next game by texting your choice to 202194. All restrictions apply.”

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
It’s Thursday night. The Rangers are nearing the end of their opening night ceremony. They just finished announcing Assistant Captain Mikkkkaaaaa Zibanajad! A hush falls over the arena as fans start to realize only 19 players have been announced and then BOOM the lights sim, a video appears on the Jumbotron. A picture of a young child appears, he’s wearing a baseball jersey. Fast forward a real years in the video and he’s standing in front of a pizza shop. The video fades to black. A buzz starts circulating around the build. The lights hit the tunnel. “Annnnndddd finalllyyyy introducting the next captain ‍ of your NEW YORK RANGERS, new number 23, Chrissssssss Drrruuurryyyyyy!!” Chris skates out, walking cane in hand. The crowd goes mild! He skates to center ice and grabs the mic, New York, it was meeeeeee all along! I am here to bring in the Stanley Cup!

Boom! 2c and Captain resolved.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It’s Thursday night. The Rangers are nearing the end of their opening night ceremony. They just finished announcing Assistant Captain Mikkkkaaaaa Zibanajad! A hush falls over the arena as fans start to realize only 19 players have been announced and then BOOM the lights sim, a video appears on the Jumbotron. A picture of a young child appears, he’s wearing a baseball jersey. Fast forward a real years in the video and he’s standing in front of a pizza shop. The video fades to black. A buzz starts circulating around the build. The lights hit the tunnel. “Annnnndddd finalllyyyy introducting the next captain ‍✈️ f your NEW YORK RANGERS, new number 23, Chrissssssss Drrruuurryyyyyy!!” Chris skates out, walking cane in hand. The crowd goes mild! He skates to center ice and grabs the mic, New York, it was meeeeeee all along! I am here to bring in the Stanley Cup!

Boom! 2c and Captain resolved.

@Tob would have done it better.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
So Gallant lied in our face, when he said we'd have a captain before the season starts?

It's the Rangers way of doing the fans and since I'm very much used to the F.O. lying, I don't sweat it.

Any chance we have 1 C and 6 A's?

He also said the last 2 preseason games would be the full lineup. I don't think he is a huge fan of dealing with media and might be the blow smoke kind of guy.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
It would seem unlikely as the team can only have 3 letters per game. (3) A's or (1) C and (2) A's. So if they give out the C now to one of these guys that leaves (5) A's? Or if they give it someone else they have (6) A's with only (2) showing up per game? Seems odd

Jesus... just don't give them any ideas... imagine having TWO (2) captains, one for home and one for away, plus 4 As, 2 for home and 2 for away, basically 2 sets of C-A-A ... that would make NYR HF Boards explode lol

Reactions: yrrebbor

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Can't wait for every sign of adversity or shortcoming people are going to blame the lack of a captain.

Sorry the mystical "guarantee" moment doesn't always happen.

It is clear it's either 1 person doesn't stand out higher than the rest or they fear personal relationships could be alienated naming 1 above the rest or they are holding out for someone like Laf to grow into it.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I honestly feel like we don't have a true captain on our team.

Trouba is the closest i guess. Kreider is too inconsistent for me... A captain should lead by example and Kreids doesn't have that drive.

Zibanejad has what it takes if we're talking talent, but he's pretty shy.

Fox doesn't struck me as a captain.

I think it's overblown, you don't need a captain. Would I like one? Yes. But it'll happen when it happens.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

New York Rangers
@NYRangers

OFFICIAL: The six alternate captains for #NYR will be Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad, Jacob Trouba, Ryan Strome and Barclay Goodrow.
Such a pansy ass "non move". How's that make the other 12 feel?

Why not just make all 18 skaters have an "A"?

Hell for that matter...........Why not change the team name to the New York Alternate's?

Reactions: yrrebbor and ohbaby

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Six Rangers alternate captains walk into a bar.

The bartender immediately tells them to leave, unless they have their daddy, Captain Ryan Reaves, with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: yrrebbor

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Can't wait for every sign of adversity or shortcoming people are going to blame the lack of a captain.

Sorry the mystical "guarantee" moment doesn't always happen.

It is clear it's either 1 person doesn't stand out higher than the rest or they fear personal relationships could be alienated naming 1 above the rest or they are holding out for someone like Laf to grow into it.
As opposed to first sign of adversity every one freaking out and blaming it on the captain?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad