News Article: 6 Alternate Captains

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
So Gallant lied in our face, when he said we'd have a captain before the season starts?

It's the Rangers way of doing the fans and since I'm very much used to the F.O. lying, I don't sweat it.

Any chance we have 1 C and 6 A's?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Also want to note that outside of Strome, every one of these guys is locked in long term. There isn’t even room for Lindgren, Fox, and Laf to all wear letters in the future.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Is it possible they want to wait an extra day for the home opener to make a surprise announcement during intros?

It would seem unlikely as the team can only have 3 letters per game. (3) A's or (1) C and (2) A's. So if they give out the C now to one of these guys that leaves (5) A's? Or if they give it someone else they have (6) A's with only (2) showing up per game? Seems odd

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Drury made it clear he wanted to have a captain a couple weeks ago so I’m curious if this is Gallant disregarding that or everyone is on board with waiting for Lafreniere

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

I'm glad, wait for Laffy.

Yeah, I'm fine with this.

I don't really think Mika is captain material.

I'm not sure Kreider is either, frankly. And both he and Trouba may not really be here all that long in the grand scheme of things (ie, for the next decade). You don't want a situation where you are moving your captain or buying him out in two years.

I thought Fox was a good choice but maybe he's not ready for it either, but I'd rather wait on the right long term guy that rush to name the wrong one.

Also, its kind of funny how some in here were dropping such strong hints about how Trouba and/or Kreider were gonna be the captain so we can't consider moving them.

Well..... guess that's not really a valid argument anymore then.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
lame. I'm not saying we need a Captain, but 6 A's is dumb

rangers have had 5 in recent years with Staal as the defacto captain wearing the A every night with the other 4 rotating. if nothing changes we'll see 3 guys wearing the A at home and the other 3 wearing them on the road

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad