GDT: 6/15/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago [SCF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Aerodynamics. I'm surprised Sustr didn't join the trend after he was made Kane's *****.

Aerodynamics wouldn't work on him. He'd actually have to move to gain speed, which we all know never happens.

They played 4 dmen. Hedman put kane in his back pocket all series and we lose. This is not going to be easy to forget. I feel like I've been karate chopped in the boys.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Johnson had a broken wrist. Doesn't really make sense to me that we:

1) Played him on the first powerplay unit
2) Played him at the left circle to take one-timers on the powerplay

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
At least we have an "Eastern Conference Champions 2014-2015" banner in the rafters.

iwoncool.gif

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Oilers fan here,

Sorry about the tough loss guys. I know exactly how it feels watching your team lose the SCF ('06 still hurts) :cry:

But you can be proud of your boys! Taking out 3 Original 6 teams en route to the final including the Pres Trophy Rangers and giving the borderline-Dynasty Hawks a great fight in the final is no small accomplishment :handclap:

Congrats on a wonderful season and best of luck next year :thumbu:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Guys im sorry. I was pulling for tampa in the finals. Such a great young team to watch. It couldve been a different series if johnson was healthy. Hope he gets healthy quick

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Team should be proud that they made it as far as they did. First round sweep to Finals in one season. At least this time (as opposed to '11) they have something to show for it.

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This one hurts a lot. I know injuries are a part of the game, but I really do believe this series ends much differently if we're healthy. Who knows when we'll be back. I'd like to say it'll be next year or soon, but you just don't know.

I'm taking a break from hockey for a couple of weeks. I'll see you guys later. Love you all.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Was pulling for you guys, and after watching you all playoffs, it's really going to suck for us being in the same division as Tampa. You guys definitely have something good here.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Here to say I really like your team and the way they played. No foolishness like the Ducks, and you guys really pushed the pace. In the end the experienced team and coaching staff won out, but it wasn't easy.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
If the hockey gods love us at all, Mike Milbury and the rest of the NBC bobbleheads will all be struck mute before the beginning of next season.

Maybe give Doc a pass. And Liam.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
As much as Cooper deserves credit for some of our wins, he has to shoulder a lot of blame for some of our losses. Palat in the faceoff circle effectively neutered TKO. I don't blame Coop for trying it, but he deserves a lot of blame for sticking with it.

Adjustments weren't made.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
At what point are you referring to? If this series then it certainly doesn't help the cause with it now known TJ played with a broken wrist. Who's the better of the two on draws... Kucherov or Palat?

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
At what point are you referring to? If this series then it certainly doesn't help the cause with it now known TJ played with a broken wrist. Who's the better of the two on draws... Kucherov or Palat?

Not only that, but there are rumors that Kuch's injury wasn't sustained last game - that's just when it flared up. A lot of people have been saying he's been dealing with this injury since early in the POs.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Sucks it ended but was a hell of a run by the team. I thought they could make a decent run in these playoffs but didn't think they could make the final yet but they proved me wrong. Hawks are the best team of this era and our guys played them as tough as anyone could and this series could've gone either way. Hawks just showed what a great team they are by finding ways to win. We've got a bright future here in Tampa and we'll be back, next time we'll get the job done.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Heck of a season when all is said and done. Way more than I expected going into the playoffs. This is only the beginning. There may be more setbacks ahead but the course we're on is a good one.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

We did have two centermen playing on another line. We all love TKO, but if they can't win draws and 2/3 guys are injured, you have to make an adjustment. Did Palat win a single draw tonight???

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Brent Seabrook: They [Tampa] are going to do in the next 6 years, what we've done over the last six years.

Greatness knows greatness.

Get ready Tampa.

Dakine879

Apr 24, 2015
Edmonton
Another Oilers fan here. this was a big kick in the teeth for me, i was cheering for Bolts and Stevie Y

You guys will be back next year. Its hard to read all the gloats from Hawks fans. They've had their day(s) in the sun.

Stevie will not take this well.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Erik Erlendsson retweeted
Sean Gentille ‏@seangentille
Kane said the Lightning were their toughest opponent: “I’m not just saying that. It was incredible, honestly.â€

Yay.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
We did have two centermen playing on another line. We all love TKO, but if they can't win draws and 2/3 guys are injured, you have to make an adjustment. Did Palat win a single draw tonight???

Understand that. However, which is the lessor of 2 evils. Having Drej take draws or having to double shift Filp on both the Stammer and Palat lines (on face offs and the odd reg shift) and/or have Boyle take the draw and seek a quick change to get Johnson back out on the ice.

In case it was missed, our line changes were horrid this series so forgive me if I side with Cooper on this one and having Drej take the draws.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Understand that. However, which is the lessor of 2 evils. Having Drej take draws or having to double shift Filp on both the Stammer and Palat lines (on face offs and the odd reg shift) and/or have Boyle take the draw and seek a quick change to get Johnson back out on the ice.

In case it was missed, our line changes were horrid this series so forgive me if I side with Cooper on this one and having Drej take the draws.

Pretty much this...

I mean that was arguably the toughest thing with Cooper. Like handing him a car and saying "make it run" while not having the engine, tires, or even the rear axel.

He made the best of a really, really bad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad