GDT: 6/15/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago [SCF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
The fact that I was so unimpressed with the Blackhawks makes this pill a hell of a lot harder to swallow. It was winnable... Oh well. I can't wait to see our injury list though.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Duncan Keith Winns the Conn Smyth, what a joke, if NHL had any balls they would have done what they did when ANA lost the SCF but their goalie still won the Conn Smythe and given it to either Johnson or Hedman who were both better than anyone of that team, though I doubt either would wan t it after losing.

The NHL didn't have the balls to give Keith the Conn Smyth in 2013. Ironically, for comments about people without balls.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Duncan Keith Winns the Conn Smyth, what a joke, if NHL had any balls they would have done what they did when ANA lost the SCF but their goalie still won the Conn Smythe and given it to either Johnson or Hedman who were both better than anyone of that team, though I doubt either would wan t it after losing.

I'd have a hard time grabbing it if I just lost. Actually, I probably would grab it, I'd skate over to sustr, carle or morrow and beat them blue with it. They wouldn't even need their names engraved, the dents from their head would be enough.

geezerpk

Jan 15, 2015
Nothing to be ashamed of about that season. They should be even better next year. The Lightning have a great franchise and should be contenders for years.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
We all sound bitter, but we can be with all the injuries we had. A healthy Lightning team is the better hockey club. Ah well, they'll win it next season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'd have a hard time grabbing it if I just lost. Actually, I probably would grab it, I'd skate over to sustr, carle or morrow and beat them blue with it. They wouldn't even need their names engraved, the dents from their head would be enough.

:laugh::laugh:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We all sound bitter, but we can be with all the injuries we had. A healthy Lightning team is the better hockey club. Ah well, they'll win it next season.

I'm sure the blackhawks had injuries too, either way, you can't count on being healthy playing this many games.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
What the hell are you talking about

Do I really need to remind you of the goals he has given up that you'll never see any other goalie give up? How many goals just in the playoffs alone where it hits him right in the glove, he mishandles it and it trickles in? Three or four? I lost track. His stunt last game where he felt he needed to skate 10 yards from his goal for a puck Hedman clearly would have no trouble with? That sucked the life out of the team, and to be honest outside of a surge in the 2nd period of game five this team didn't look the same the rest of the series after that nonsense.

Goalies give up goals they shouldn't all the time, being out of position and what not, but Bishop gives up goals that just destroy a team, goals that are so horrifically bad it crushes the team. Mentally it's difficult to come back from a deficit that should never in a million years exist, but that's the gamble you take with Bishop...you know those kinds of goals are coming.

Give me Vas next year as our starter, if he can start a SCF game he can be our full time starter.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Do I really need to remind you of the goals he has given up that you'll never see any other goalie give up? How many goals just in the playoffs alone where it hits him right in the glove, he mishandles it and it trickles in? Three or four? I lost track. His stunt last game where he felt he needed to skate 10 yards from his goal for a puck Hedman clearly would have no trouble with? That sucked the life out of the team, and to be honest outside of a surge in the 2nd period of game five this team didn't look the same the rest of the series after that nonsense.

Goalies give up goals they shouldn't all the time, being out of position and what not, but Bishop gives up goals that just destroy a team, goals that are so horrifically bad it crushes the team. Mentally it's difficult to come back from a deficit that should never in a million years exist, but that's the gamble you take with Bishop...you know those kinds of goals are coming.

Give me Vas next year as our starter, if he can start a SCF game he can be our full time starter.

ok, lets start a worse goalie and win, great plan.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

How is that at all a joke? Thank god you didn't post that on the main boards, I'm ashamed a Tampa fan said it. Keith earned every single ****ing ATOM of that trophy. And so did the Blackhawks. The better team one. I've siad it always: The better team always finds a way.

I had a feeling this series was over 2 games ago. I never had that depressed feeling before in the season. The team just looked dead. Tough slog. It truly sucks. The Hawks were the better team. Everyone: it's ok to admit that.

LateNightOilerFan

Oct 18, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sorry guys, I know it's heartbreaking. It was great hockey, with such close games. Please be proud of how far the team went this year. Hopefully this is the start of going deep into the playoffs for a while now.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

At least we know one injury, more will probably come, hopefully no one will need surgery though.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What a close series, the guys played their ***** off tonight but it wasn't enough. The Hawks took away all the space, had sticks and body parts in shooting and passing lanes, props to them!

**** it hurts now but this group will do some great stuff in the future! It's just the beginning!

Thanks to all of you guys for lots of fun nights and GDTs BTW! :handclap:

Yep, thanks LS, thanks FP, thanks M4B, and thanks everyone else. You guys make this a fun place to talk Lightning hockey and I enjoy the late nights watching games, chatting together, fussing over stuff, and everything else with you guys. I wouldn't be here otherwise. Thanks for being an easy bunch on us mods too.

I've been here since 2007 and it's been awesome to see this group grow and grow over time. It's been cool. Hopefully the future holds better days for us.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Guys, stop b**ching at each other. It was a great year. We fell short but exceeded expectations.

You guys realize how good we are going to be next year right?

We'll most likely be one of the best teams in the league and a cup favorite.

This is just the beginning, NOT the end.

The best is yet to come!

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yep, thanks LS, thanks FP, thanks M4B, and thanks everyone else. You guys make this a fun place to talk Lightning hockey and I enjoy the late nights watching games, chatting together, fussing over stuff, and everything else with you guys. I wouldn't be here otherwise. Thanks for being an easy bunch on us mods too.

I've been here since 2007 and it's been awesome to see this group grow and grow over time. It's been cool. Hopefully the future holds better days for us.

It seems like just yesterday we were icing Brian lee and Brendan Mikkelsen and arguing with hose about Brian lee.

We've grown together and now argue about Andrej Sustr.:laugh:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Thanks Days, LS, M4B, and all of you guys. You've helped make this such a memorable season.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I just don't feel anything right now. Didn't feel anything during the game either. It just felt like a loss right from the beginning and them not cashing in on some great chances just put the icing on the cake.

Can't wait to see Carle, Sustr and Morrow gone. Can't wait to lose my **** after I see the contract given to Stamkos either. Sure he tried tonight but trying doesn't cut it. Results are what matters and he didn't deliver them this season and one assist by a guy who's going to be your highest paid guy ever is a joke.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
We'll be back next year. I don't see how we don't win the Presidents trophy with our current group + a better Drouin + improved depth defensemen (hopefully).

Hoping for a center who can win faceoffs and and backup goalie this summer. Oh, and trade Carle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad