5pt night for McDavid (and goty candidate?)

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Awesome night for Connor, but GOTY worth goal???? yeah right, meh goal, nothing special about it, the only special thing was the lofty pass.
Sonny Milano in the other hand takes the lead in GOTY with his goal.

The pass was the least impressive thing about the goal.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Greatest skater we’ve ever seen. Oilers fans are so lucky that they get to watch him on their team. I find it hilarious though that Matthews was brought up on first page of this thread. Rent free.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
And the funny thing is he is usually a slow v started. Take in the fact you figure he would of been off to a slower start due to injury this could be something special.

Isn't usually about till Jan when he really gets going

I said before season started McDavid and draisaitl will finish 1 - 2 this season

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Kind of funny, because he still looks "off". He's not nearly as dynamic as he was in the past seasons.

Drai has arguably been a lot better than him this season.

Does he really look off though? What do you mean?

I've watched everygame he looks great to me

Reactions: Frosty415

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Can you not? You guys are the ones who are obsessed with Matthews, not Leafs fans who have been pretty rational for the most part.
it's not leafs fans or even matthews himself that's the problem,
it's the toronto media. blame them
it's an october tradition for them to bring this up

Reactions: McAsuno

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Does he really look off though? What do you mean?

I've watched everygame he looks great to me
Feet were mostly there. Hands were not. Lots of flubs, missed passes, passes into skates. tons of turnovers.

Even last game that line's CF% was 26%. They were getting absolutely dominated the entire night with the exception of those 2 goal and the PP.

The score was flattering. Being outshot 52 - 22 wasn't them playing at their best. I'd imagine most Flyers fans are pretty pissed off at that loss.

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
Fantastic player and truely the successor of Greztky and Lemieux. Better than Crosby ever was. However, the NHL really does a poor job marketing him. I remember Crosby having way more hype when he came into the league. I know McDavid is playing in Canada, but I can't help but think something is wrong with the NHL's marketing department. FFS, McDavid only has 740k followers on Instagram. Big booty no name h*es get 2-3 million followers on IG easily. They have to take advantage of his greatness and put the spotlights on him. It doesn't help that he is really average looking and not really charismatic though.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Fantastic player and truely the successor of Greztky and Lemieux. Better than Crosby ever was. However, the NHL really does a poor job marketing him. I remember Crosby having way more hype when he came into the league. I know McDavid is playing in Canada, but I can't help but think something is wrong with the NHL's marketing department. FFS, McDavid only has 740k followers on Instagram. Big booty no name h*es get 2-3 million followers on IG easily. They have to take advantage of his greatness and put the spotlights on him. It doesn't help that he is really average looking and not really charismatic though.

The problem with marketing Mcdavid in Canada is its mostly all leafs talk all the time. The Eastern media even ignores the Habs possibly more than the Western Canadian teams. If he were to be marketed properly he would have to play in Toronto.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Holy crap...I realize you're facing (arguably) the best player in the world, but you have to defend better than that. Yes, pushing on his stick is going to stop the MVP.

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
100%. Sid’s peak season came with a collection of Colby Armstrong and Mark Recchi.

Ovechkin’s best season came when he out 33 more points than his center.

Not trying to take anything away from McDavid. We just don’t need to make sensational posts like “we haven’t seen this since the ‘90s”.

This x1000. Look at Crosby's line mates throughout his career. People have short memories I guess. Sid has never consistently played with a Drai or a Backstrom on his line.

That being said, McDavid might go down as the best since Mario. He NEEDS some playoff success though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad