5pt night for McDavid (and goty candidate?)

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Coincidentally, Crosby was far more reliant on the PP to produce than McDavid is.

Like McDavid is this year?

Not too many statements that make less sense than "reliant on the PP to produce". Great players produce, period.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
The point was that you don't have to make the linemate excuse for Crosby. His teams and the players he's played with as a whole are easily better than what McDavid has had so far.

Which bears no relevance on their individual production. Crosby would produce on any team.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Which bears no relevance on their individual production. Crosby would produce on any team.

It's relevant if someone is trying to say that McDavid has better linemates when he doesn't though. I agree both of them put up roughly similar numbers if they switched places, but obviously there would be minor variation in their production.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
It's relevant if someone is trying to say that McDavid has better linemates when he doesn't though. I agree both of them put up roughly similar numbers if they switched places, but obviously there would be minor variation in their production.
In fact this argument and math was done a couple years back on these boards. Over an 82 game period in McDavid's first 100 point season, Draisaitl added 3 points to McDavid's total. McDavid's away from Draisaitl pace was 97 points, a measly 3 less. On the other hand, we've seen several times now what happens to Draisaitl's production away from McDavid and we've seen how McDavid can boost guys like Maroon and Chiasson.

McDavid gonna McDavid.

Last edited:

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Wow just came back from Cp and what an embarrassment. And I am not going to say flame fans but the wanna be fans did a great job of making themself look like fools. It's sad when they are grasping at everything to make themselves feel good cause their team is fighting it right now. Nice job Cp fans hold your head up high because you deserve it being such classy fans (what an embarrassment for the flames franchise to even have that site on the net.

Then stay away from it.....pretty simple.

Every team has its shitty fans.

Hell, go to the "Around the League" forum on HFOil, if you want to see something similar.

It's a steady stream of wishing injury on Flames players and other stupid crap.

People saying stupid things on the internet is not exactly something new or unique to a certain team.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Leafs fans pretending they never pushed that Matthews was better than McDavid? LOL.

Care to guess who made up that 37%

Using a stupid poll created by Sportsnet (Toronto based) to show that some leaf fans think matthews is better. Any rationale leaf fan knows he’s not. Leafs have a lot of dumb casuals because their fan base is huge.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Using a stupid poll created by Sportsnet (Toronto based) to show that some leaf fans think matthews is better. Any rationale leaf fan knows he’s not. Leafs have a lot of dumb casuals because their fan base is huge.
Matthews never lived up to his first game in the NHL. If he played at that level he would be better than McDavid.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019

I will give Lwaf fans credit they have mostly come around to admitting McD is better worst they do is spite prop up Kucherov now

Next they need to see reality on Drai vs Matthews. Drai is looking even better than the version that scored 50-50 last year but Matthews is the better sniper according to Leaf fans so we will see

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Still think Auston Matthews will be a better goals scorer than Mcdavid in due time, just has to stop getting injured and stop mooning helpless female employees.

Reactions: karnige

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
I will give Lwaf fans credit they have mostly come around to admitting McD is better worst they do is spite prop up Kucherov now

Next they need to see reality on Drai vs Matthews. Drai is looking even better than the version that scored 50-50 last year but Matthews is the better sniper according to Leaf fans so we will see
Matthews numbers with McDavid on his line would be huge, McDavid would find him so many open looks, and when you combine that with that Matthews wrister, got to think he's potting 50+ IF healthy. I also think Drai is great by the way, any player who can put up 50/50 in todays NHL is special

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Matthews numbers with McDavid on his line would be huge, McDavid would find him so many open looks, and when you combine that with that Matthews wrister, got to think he's potting 50+ IF healthy. I also think Drai is great by the way, any player who can put up 50/50 in todays NHL is special

Does he play physically, does he kill penalties, is he out there during a 6-5 when the team is trying to defend an empty net situation?

All things being equal, if Draisaitl is almost as good of a goal scorer as Matthews, and you take the other intangibles into considering, then Drysaddle is the better play and therefore better compliments Mcdavid. He can back track defensively and be effective while Matthews has shown weakness in the 200 foot game.

Reactions: karnige

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
Does he play physically, does he kill penalties, is he out there during a 6-5 when the team is trying to defend an empty net situation?

All things being equal, if Draisaitl is almost as good of a goal scorer as Matthews, and you take the other intangibles into considering, then Drysaddle is the better play and therefore better compliments Mcdavid. He can back track defensively and be effective while Matthews has shown weakness in the 200 foot game.
I'm not going to get in a Matthews/Drai argument. I was responding to a previous post. Matthews has attributes that would that compliment McDavid, hes crafty at retrieving pucks, has a top 3 shot in the league, good skater, good but not great passer. He would put up massive numbers while most of the possession would be driven by McDavid's skill and skating ability. To answer your question about Matthews, no he isn't physical and no he isn't an elite defensive C in this league. Matthews is a big man, if he asserted himself a little more physically I think would dominate, but lets be honest his style likely wont evolve into that. It's so hard to compare the 2 because they are in drastically different situations.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Matthews would pot 50+ without McDavid if healthy.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Then stay away from it.....pretty simple.

Every team has its ****ty fans.

Hell, go to the "Around the League" forum on HFOil, if you want to see something similar.

It's a steady stream of wishing injury on Flames players and other stupid crap.

People saying stupid things on the internet is not exactly something new or unique to a certain team.

Pu-lease.

Nothing is like CP. Cesspool is being kind.

No other board has a 1000+ post topic dedicated to their rival city/team.

Little brother can't grow up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad