5pt night for McDavid (and goty candidate?)

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
This x1000. Look at Crosby's line mates throughout his career. People have short memories I guess. Sid has never consistently played with a Drai or a Backstrom on his line.

That being said, McDavid might go down as the best since Mario. He NEEDS some playoff success though
he played with a Sergei Gonchar and Kris Letang on the backend though....something McDavid never has the luxury of

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
This x1000. Look at Crosby's line mates throughout his career. People have short memories I guess. Sid has never consistently played with a Drai or a Backstrom on his line.

That being said, McDavid might go down as the best since Mario. He NEEDS some playoff success though
While I agree with the conclusion of the argument, to be fair the Pens decided to draft 3 centers in the first round and have them all play their natural position instead of moving one or two of them to the wing.

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
The problem with marketing Mcdavid in Canada is its mostly all leafs talk all the time. The Eastern media even ignores the Habs possibly more than the Western Canadian teams. If he were to be marketed properly he would have to play in Toronto.
You right but I meant marketing him not only in Canada, but everywhere.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'm amazed at the start Mcdavid is having after his injury. If you watched Oiler games this year, regular season or preseason he's looked a bit off/cautious yet he's racking up points.

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
he played with a Sergei Gonchar and Kris Letang on the backend though....something McDavid never has the luxury of
For sure, no argument here that Sid has had a better all around roster. I think McDavid will have a better offensive career than Crosby. Hard to picture McDavid replicating Sids playoff accolades in Edmonton

Reactions: grentthealien

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
For sure, no argument here that Sid has had a better all around roster. I think McDavid will have a better offensive career than Crosby. Hard to picture McDavid replicating Sids playoff accolades in Edmonton

Which has had no relevance on hos production given how much time lost to injuries to players like LeTang.

Drai's effect on McDavid's scoring is a much more obvious argument, if one chooses to look at those things.

Crosby has proven he scores regardless, McDavid is that type of player too.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I'm amazed at the start Mcdavid is having after his injury. If you watched Oiler games this year, regular season or preseason he's looked a bit off/cautious yet he's racking up points.

Perhaps he's a little more focused on making the right plays instead of blowing by everyone constantly? Or maybe just a little puck luck.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
And Malkin on the powerplay (where he has scored a lot of his points) and some even strength time.

Funny how his his production goes up when Malkin is out of the lineup or significantly underperforming. Time to put this weak narrative to bed.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

Coincidentally, Crosby was far more reliant on the PP to produce than McDavid is.

Reactions: Future GOAT

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Okay I hope people don’t take this the wrong way, but if this is how points are following him while he’s not playing at his most dominant.... look out.

This game last year McDavid might’ve walked out with 2-3 points, from lack of people finishing or just bad puck luck.

I feel like generally speaking McDavid has to work hard for his points (zone entry, then deke, then drive wide, then sauce for a back door tap in) as opposed to just passing it off to Manning to blast one home.

I can’t wait to watch him completely take over.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Funny how his his production goes up when Malkin is out of the lineup or significantly underperforming. Time to put this weak narrative to bed.

The point was that you don't have to make the linemate excuse for Crosby. His teams and the players he's played with as a whole are easily better than what McDavid has had so far.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I still can't believe he ended up with Manning on his team after all that controversy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad