5pt night for McDavid (and goty candidate?)

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Enough of the comparisons with Matthews, I’m a Leafs fan and why must we always compare? Both are different players with different strengths, just agree both are stars and move on.

Great start so far for McDavid. Oilers should make the playoffs this year.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Enough of the comparisons with Matthews, I’m a Leafs fan and why must we always compare? Both are different players with different strengths, just agree both are stars and move on.

we must always compare because it’s natural especially with sports. The whole point of sports is to be better individually and team wise.

The way you say it about different strengths and etc it makes it sound like you think they are equals lol. You are right tho both are different players. Ones very very good and the other might be the best since Mario. You can’t just simply say oh ya both are good both have different strengths both are stars. It implies some sort of equivalents.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I guess posters shouldn't troll with ridiculous opinions like that if they don't want to eat some crow after.

No, my point was, it's derailing the topic while unnecessarily trying to incite division between fanbases instead of simply appreciating McDavid's talent. You guys like to take the high road when idiotic Leaf fans try to call Matthews better yet go ahead with the trolling regardless when there's nothing but praise in here.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

One is a an average star in this league right now...the other a future legend.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Using a stupid poll created by Sportsnet (Toronto based) to show that some leaf fans think matthews is better. Any rationale leaf fan knows he’s not. Leafs have a lot of dumb casuals because their fan base is huge.
I will agree and concur that it’s not the majority of Leaf fans that push the Matthews>McDavid narrative. Atleast not nowadays.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
You right but I meant marketing him not only in Canada, but everywhere.

The league has promoted and helped the Southern American teams for nearly two decades now. When the NHL took Sportsnet to the cleaners, they took the Canadian revenue for granted and worked on growing the game in the States. McDavid does not play for an American team. The NHL is fine with him living in obscurity in Edmonton. End of story.

As an aside, this is the first year in twenty where I have seen the Oilers get a few calls from the refs. I surmise that it's because of the whole empty seat sections thing. I suspect a significant revenue giver is not going to be giving as much this year.

I hear there are empty seats throughout Canada. If that's true, it's hard to imagine the cap going up again. The Canadian golden goose may not lay the eggs she used to in the great white North. I can't see Sportsnet ever signing a contract like that again in 2022. Cap is going down that year.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
I will give Lwaf fans credit they have mostly come around to admitting McD is better worst they do is spite prop up Kucherov now

Next they need to see reality on Drai vs Matthews. Drai is looking even better than the version that scored 50-50 last year but Matthews is the better sniper according to Leaf fans so we will see

Matthews is a better sniper than Draisaitl. Draisaitl is definitely better in other areas, but Matthews is a better pure goal scorer.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Matthews is a better sniper than Draisaitl. Draisaitl is definitely better in other areas, but Matthews is a better pure goal scorer.

Maybe he should pure goal score himself to 50 goals then if it is that a clear difference

Reactions: RattsSSV

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010

Better pure scorer as in the rest of Matthews game isn’t very good? Sure I’ll go with that

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Best player on the planet AINEC.

97 is too good, Oilers would probably be the worst team in the league without McDavid and Draisaitl. No one player makes more of an impact than 97, he single handedly tilts the ice for the Oilers, it’s remarkable to see in a league with so much parity and not much separation between players.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

And it's just embarrassing.

Matthews is nowhere near the atmosphere of McDavid. Just stop.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Matthews has the better shot. Drai has more ways of putting the puck in the net. And like you said he's also better in other area of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->