• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I mean the playoff push shit is cute and all, but Igor should be getting most of the starts from here on out regardless.

It's important for him to get those in game reps after working with benny between games. These games wont matter much now, but it'll pay off in the long run.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I've said it when they called Shesterkin up, they are putting the pressure on Hank without directly asking him to accept a trade, they are hoping he asks for one himself since they kinda asked him last year. He can't really believe this is what he wants.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I've said it when they called Shesterkin up, they are putting the pressure on Hank without directly asking him to accept a trade, they are hoping he asks for one himself since they kinda asked him last year. He can't really believe this is what he wants.

I really hope this happens but I doubt it. Shesty and Georgiev would be a great goalie tandem.

Reactions: Maximus

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Igor has pretty much proven at this point a tandem witrath Georgiev isn’t going to be a sustainable thing for long

This is something I've thought to myself all along in regards to this trade Georgiev or trade/buyout Lundqvist dilemma. Igor has been the heir to the throne forever and he's dominated in the KHL, AHL, and has started off strong in the NHL. There's nothing out there at this point that indicates he's going to be anything less than a very good NHL goaltender. The reason why Georgiev hasn't been traded or close to it is because the Rangers also think highly of him as a starter too. But if both Igor and Georgie turn out how the Rangers expect them to, why would either of them be okay with splitting starts? Igor as is should be getting the bulk of the starts. So even if Henrik accepted a trade or was bought out, we're gonna be facing a dilemma a year from now where we're gonna look to move Georgiev so he can be a starter just like we did with Raanta and Talbot.

I'd much rather trade Georgiev ASAP even if it means taking slightly less than they'd get in the offseason. 3 goalies isn't beneficial for anyone and Igor needs to be getting as much action as he can.

Also, buying out Henrik should not be an option. I have no interest in adding $1.5 million in dead cap to 21-22's books, a season we should in theory be competing especially when they may already be adding dead cap to that season in the form of Smith/Staal buyouts.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
This is something I've thought to myself all along in regards to this trade Georgiev or trade/buyout Lundqvist dilemma. Igor has been the heir to the throne forever and he's dominated in the KHL, AHL, and has started off strong in the NHL. There's nothing out there at this point that indicates he's going to be anything less than a very good NHL goaltender. The reason why Georgiev hasn't been traded or close to it is because the Rangers also think highly of him as a starter too. But if both Igor and Georgie turn out how the Rangers expect them to, why would either of them be okay with splitting starts? Igor as is should be getting the bulk of the starts. So even if Henrik accepted a trade or was bought out, we're gonna be facing a dilemma a year from now where we're gonna look to move Georgiev so he can be a starter just like we did with Raanta and Talbot.

I'd much rather trade Georgiev ASAP even if it means taking slightly less than they'd get in the offseason. 3 goalies isn't beneficial for anyone and Igor needs to be getting as much action as he can.
I agree. Geo is going at some point IMO

BUT... I don’t wanna trade him for peanuts now just because. He can be dealt now or at the draft or off season. Hank can sit this yr knowing he’ll be a backup next yr for his farewell tour.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Idk, he seems pretty content with his legacy. IE he has accepted the fact he will retire Cup-less and his top priority is retiring as a Ranger and being a one-team player is more important than Cup chasing elsewhere.

Stupid decision on his part IMO. He is leaving at least 20 wins on the table, he is only 31 wins away from surpassing Luongo for 3rd most in NHL history (though Fleury is right there too) and that is very important to seal his HOF bid.

He is left with the choice to either retire after this season, accept a trade to a contender or ride out the rest of his career in the press box.

There will be a number of good options for Lundqvist if he were to accept a trade. Washington is surely losing Holtby to UFA, he can be the 1b mentor to Samsonov next year on the best team in the league and a great chance at a Cup. We would have to retain of course but opens up $4 million in cap space.

Boston will probably lose Halak too, something like Backes ++++++ for Lundqvist? Sharks needs a goalie too. Would be really tough to feel bad for him having to spend a one year vacation in beautiful SJ and they'll be better next season.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I don't think we make the playoffs this year but as long as Igor is in goal I think we have a chance.

Way too many teams we'd have to have to pass in order to make the playoffs and the majority of those teams would have to start tanking which won't happen.

Here's the thing tho. This wasn't supposed to be a playoff team at least to any realistic observer of this team. But even if we don't make the playoffs, if we can hang around the periphery of the playoff bubble to the point where we are playing important games in the month of March, that would be invaluable experience for our young pups like Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Shesty...etc etc.

By the time we do become a playoff participant again(hopefully next year), the experience they will have gained this year will serve them well going forward.

I tell ya and I've said this a ton of times but it deserves repeating, other than Kravstov not being up here with the big club and contributing and of course the Lias fiasco, at this point in time, could this rebuild of ours have gone any better than it has?

In my mind the answer is resounding no!. And that includes Kakko maybe not doing as well as we might have thought he'd be doing tho I have no doubt whatsoever he will be a stud once he gains some more strength and stamina and works on his skating.

With the uber prospects we have in the system and THE most importantly, at least to me it is, the fact we have a stud goaltender in the waiting in Shesterkin, our future is ridiculously bright and games like tonight illustrate how lethal this team of ours will be once our kiddies get more and more experience.

So count me in as one damn happy camper even if we don't make the playoffs...:nod:

Reactions: egelband and Cag29

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Idk, he seems pretty content with his legacy. IE he has accepted the fact he will retire Cup-less and his top priority is retiring as a Ranger and being a one-team player is more important than Cup chasing elsewhere.

Stupid decision on his part IMO. He is leaving at least 20 wins on the table, he is only 31 wins away from surpassing Luongo for 3rd most in NHL history (though Fleury is right there too) and that is very important to seal his HOF bid.

He is left with the choice to either retire this after this season, accept a trade to a contender or ride out the rest of his career in the press box.

There will be a number of good options for Lundqvist if he were to accept a trade. Washington is surely losing Holtby to UFA, he can be the 1b mentor to Samsonov next year on the best team in the league and a great chance at a Cup. We would have to retain of course but opens up $4 million in cap space.

Boston will probably lose Halak too, something like Backes ++++++ for Lundqvist? Sharks needs a goalie too. Would be really tough to feel bad for him having to spend a one year vacation in beautiful SJ and they'll be better next season.

A lot has changed since last year, they were still playing him as the starter then, he is 3 deep on this team, I doubt he wants to sit around collecting a cheque in his final years.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Way too many teams we'd have to have to pass in order to make the playoffs and the majority of those teams would have to start tanking which won't happen.

Here's the thing tho. This wasn't supposed to be a playoff team at least to any realistic observer of this team. But even if we don't make the playoffs, if we can hang around the periphery of the playoff bubble to the point where we are playing important games in the month of March, that would be invaluable experience for our young pups like Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Shesty...etc etc.

By the time we do become a playoff participant again(hopefully next year), the experience they will have gained this year will serve them well going forward.

I tell ya and I've said this a ton of times but it deserves repeating, other than Kravstov not being up here with the big club and contributing and of course the Lias fiasco, at this point in time, could this rebuild of ours have gone any better than it has?

In my mind the answer is resounding no!. And that includes Kakko maybe not doing as well as we might have thought he'd be doing tho I have no doubt whatsoever he will be a stud once he gains some more strength and stamina and works on his skating.

With the uber prospects we have in the system and THE most importantly, at least to me it is, the fact we have a stud goaltender in the waiting in Shesterkin, our future is ridiculously bright and games like tonight illustrate how lethal this team of ours will be once our kiddies get more and more experience.

So count me in as one damn happy camper even if we don't make the playoffs...:nod:

Lias and Kravtsov really hurt our forward depth, I still believe Kravtsov will be a really good player for us, I don't know what is gonna happen with Lias, I feel they will try and move him but for what, hopefully a forward.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
**** it I'm adding Kakko in fantasy hockey

LOL...take it easy my friend. Not sure if your being serious but if you are, I get it that he's been playing better. Matter of fact ever since that last Islander game, Kakko seems to have gotten his shit together and seems much more engaged and has looked as good as he has all year no question.

That said, I've been doing fantasy for 22 years now and have been quite successful over the years and so I have a pretty good idea of who is fantasy worthy and who is not.

Trust me when I say this, unless your in a keeper league, that would be the absolute only way I'd consider picking up Kakko for fantasy. He simply is not consistent enough nor does he produce enough to be worth of a roster spot.

Now next year after he goes thru what likely will be rigorous off season training regiman where he works on his stamina, strength and skating, than and only than would I consider picking up Kakko for fantasy purposes. Even than, I'd likely take a wait and see approach tho I definitely feel Kakko will far exceed his productivity next year compared to this season.

When I think of Kakko, I think of Svechnkov of the Canes who came into the league last year as an 18 year old and got himself 37 points. This year he has produced quite a bit better to where he's on pace for 75 points. Now I'm not saying Kakko goes for 75 points next year but I can easily see him going for 50+ as he'll likely be much stronger and have better endurance.

Anyways, there's my long answer to saying don't pick Kakko for fantasy unless it's a keeper league...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband and nyrage

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
LOL...take it easy my friend. Not sure if your being serious but if you are, I get it that he's been playing better. Matter of fact ever since that last Islander game, Kakko seems to have gotten his **** together and seems much more engaged and has looked as good as he has all year no question.

That said, I've been doing fantasy for 22 years now and have been quite successful over the year and so I have a pretty good idea of who is fantasy worthy and who is not.

Trust me when I say this, unless your in a keeper league, that would be the absolute only way I'd consider picking up Kakko for fantasy. He simply is not consistent enough nor does he produce enough to be worth of a roster spot.

Now next year after he goes thru what likely will be rigorous off season training regiman where he works on his stamina, strength and skating, than and only than would I consider picking up Kakko for fantasy purposes. Even than, I'd likely take a wait and see approach tho I definitely feel Kakko will far exceed his productivity next year compared to this season.

When I think of Kakko, I think of Svechnkov of the Canes who came into the league last year as an 18 year old and got himself 37 points. This year he has produced quite a bit better to where he's on pace for 75 points. Now I'm not saying Kakko goes for 75 points next year but I can easily see him going for 50+ as he'll likely be much stronger and have better endurance.

Anyways, there's my long answer to saying don't pick Kakko for fantasy unless it's a keeper league...lol

Lol, it's a deep league and I just had to put Boeser on IR, Kuemper too. Rangers have 4 games including Friday and Sunday which are softer nights. I burn through my maximum weekly adds every week so I'll probably drop him quickly anyway if these last few games were a mirage.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Lol, it's a deep league and I just had to put Boeser on IR, Kuemper too. Rangers have 4 games including Friday and Sunday which are softer nights. I burn through my maximum weekly adds every week so I'll probably drop him quickly anyway if these last few games were a mirage.

Gottcha...totally different story and now I see where you are coming from. I picked up Chytil last week for similar reasons and likely will drop him despite the fact I love how he's been playing pretty much all year but for fantasy purposes Chytil simply doesn't produce the kinds of numbers you need to keep him rostered.

I will say Chytil is another guy who I think next year will someone who could and should like Kakko, produce quite a bit more and I'll be eyeballing him for my team...we shalt see!

Reactions: egelband

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
LOL...take it easy my friend. Not sure if your being serious but if you are, I get it that he's been playing better. Matter of fact ever since that last Islander game, Kakko seems to have gotten his **** together and seems much more engaged and has looked as good as he has all year no question.

That said, I've been doing fantasy for 22 years now and have been quite successful over the years and so I have a pretty good idea of who is fantasy worthy and who is not.

I know a certain knucklehead that drafted him in both of his leagues (and knew when to let go). That same knucklehead has Shesty though. I loveee watching Igor win again. So much for adjusting to the North American smaller surfaces.

Reactions: Maximus

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
oKtD5v0_d.jpg

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Lias and Kravtsov really hurt our forward depth, I still believe Kravtsov will be a really good player for us, I don't know what is gonna happen with Lias, I feel they will try and move him but for what, hopefully a forward.

Lias might be a lost cause unfortunately as I don't see us getting much back for him but at least we got Tony D in the deal so it wasn't all bad that transaction.

Kravtsov I agree will eventually be a good player for us from all indications however the way he handled his demotion to Hartford I'd be lying if I didn't say it didn't raise a bit of a red flag for me. Hopefully it's just a maturity thing and he'll end up being the kind of player we all anticipate him to be.

Kravstov is a huge key for us going forward because if we f***ed up with him after screwing up the Lias pick, that will in some way hinder the rebuild as this guy is expected to be a bigtime producer going forward. Hopefully next year he'll also like Kakko will, go thru an intense offseason training regimen where he also gets stronger and he can at least be a decent contributor for the team next season.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
My fave quote:

"- I just trust Fil,"
He looks good. I expected more of a deer-in-the-headlights from him. I can see why they’d keep him up despite early struggles. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Not that one clip means much but he has a good presence. Nice to see.

Reactions: Rongomania
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad