3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You are the one proclaiming his past to be surefire proof of what he will become in the NHL. You seem to be heavily invested in the kid and you have been hyping him from the get go. All I am saying is, calm down a bit. Let's see how things play out.

Ok but why do you feel like it’s your responsibility to tell me to calm down on a player?

I’m as tough on the goalies as anyone here. But when I see a guy like this (and I did when hank came up and first saw him) you know. And I’m excited and you should be too. He’s not a 20 year old kid. He’s a 24 year old superstar. Zero doubt in my mind.

Reactions: egelband

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The past 30 games or so the team has been MUCH better but unfortunately where it was a strength to start the analytics show outside of Shesterkin’s games we’ve been one of the worst teams in goal. Hank and Georgiev have not been good.

now with strong goaltending and the team playing much better hockey I expect them to win games he starts. It all goes out the window if we gut the team in two weeks of course but I see a lot of wins to finish the year for him because of his abilities and the team playing much better hockey

The team has been better, but they still haven't been good.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Ok but why do you feel like it’s your responsibility to tell me to calm down on a player?

I’m as tough on the goalies as anyone here. But when I see a guy like this (and I did when hank came up and first saw him) you know. And I’m excited and you should be too. He’s not a 20 year old kid. He’s a 24 year old superstar. Zero doubt in my mind.

I am excited and I hope you are right about him.

My skepticism might come from the fact that I haven't followed his career until he was called up. I will be judging him based on what he does on the big stage and he is certainly of to a great start but I personally am going to wait before I anoint him the chosen one.

Reactions: Kovalev27

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The Blues winning the way they did was the worst thing to happen to teams

They’ve encouraged scrub teams to say “why can’t that be us?” as they aren’t even close to being as good

And the points gap is too wide for this team, it just isn’t going to happen. And it shouldn’t tbh

Agreed. The Blues went on a crazy win streak, I think it was 11 consecutive games. If this team could string together merely a 4 game winning streak, I would consider it a big achievement.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The Blues winning the way they did was the worst thing to happen to teams

They’ve encouraged scrub teams to say “why can’t that be us?” as they aren’t even close to being as good

And the points gap is too wide for this team, it just isn’t going to happen. And it shouldn’t tbh

This team isn't a scrub team, they just aren't making playoffs because of the very deep division that they are in. I thought what the Blues did was amazing. Last place in the entire league in early January and then cup champs. I doubt we see ever that again. Then again I thought that I would never see an expansion team make the stanely cup finals so what do I know.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This team isn't a scrub team, they just aren't making playoffs because of the very deep division that they are in. I thought what the Blues did was amazing. Last place in the entire league in early January and then cup champs. I doubt we see ever that again. Then again I thought that I would never see an expansion team make the stanely cup finals so what do I know.
Nah, this team is closer to the scrub side of the spectrum as opposed to the good side. And I completely disagree with the division being the reason they aren't in it

They're flatly not good enough right now, that's why they're not in the playoff picture

People like to shit on Buffalo for being a joke but the Rangers are only two points ahead of them, and would be tied if not for beating the lowly Kings last night

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers aren't going to be good until they can legitimately roll 3 lines deep and improve stuff like their PK
Losing Kreider and Fast most likely isn't going to help that...even of Kakko improves a lot next year and Kravtsov starts in the NHL it's still going to be a bit of a tough time. I feel like they need 2 more strong top 9 players but with all the cap space tied up for the next year or so it'll probably be 2-3 years before that really has a chance to take off

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Ok guys, little therapy session for all of us here. The Panarin goal...... Who didn't see the Martinez goal play back?

Kind of felt like closure scoring that same goal against them, albeit it not having the same meaning of course.
Funny you said that . . . I was about to tweet that and said "let sleeping dogs lie."

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Nah, this team is closer to the scrub side of the spectrum as opposed to the good side. And I completely disagree with the division being the reason they aren't in it

They're flatly not good enough right now, that's why they're not in the playoff picture

People like to **** on Buffalo for being a joke but the Rangers are only two points ahead of them, and would be tied if not for beating the lowly Kings last night

I have been saying for months they are not making the playoffs because they aren't good enough and a lot of that has to do with 6 teams in front of them in the division with 67 points or better. Best division in hockey. It's just too much to overcome. Hell if they were in the west they would be only 4 or 5 points out. People shit on Buffalo because they have been rebuilding for the last 10 years it seems, not 2 years like rangers. They are in the middle right now, not good enough and not bad enough. Scrub teams aren't 4 games above NHL .500 with a positive goal differential 2/3 into the season.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I have been saying for months they are not making the playoffs because they aren't good enough and a lot of that has to do with 6 teams in front of them in the division with 67 points or better. Best division in hockey. It's just too much to overcome. Hell if they were in the west they would be only 4 or 5 points out. People **** on Buffalo because they have been rebuilding for the last 10 years it seems, not 2 years like rangers. They are in the middle right now, not good enough and not bad enough. Scrub teams aren't 4 games above NHL .500 with a positive goal differential 2/3 into the season.
Yep. This is Ann improving young team in the midst of really solid-to-excellent veteran teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad