3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Rangers pretty much need 98 pts to make the playoffs this year. Crazy but that’s what it’s going to take.

so they need 20 more wins and or 40 pts in the next 28 games.

if Igor plays 20 of the next 28, would anyone be that surprised if he went 16-4? I wouldn’t. Not with his career winning percentage.

I think if they are serious and ride him thru the end of the year we’ll make it interesting at least depending on how deep we cut at the deadline.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Rangers pretty much need 98 pts to make the playoffs this year. Crazy but that’s what it’s going to take.

if Igor plays 20 of the next 28, would anyone be that surprised if he went 16-4? I wouldn’t. Not with his career winning percentage.

I think if they are serious and ride him thru the end of the year we’ll make it interesting at least depending on how deep we cut at the deadline.

I don't see it, I'd say you will get how management feels about their chances around the deadline, they are just beating the drum so they dont have everyone giving up imo. They needed to win the game Lundqvist and Georgiev lost to have any chance.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York

Yeah, this isn't happening lol. As good as he's been this is the NHL and he's playing in front of a pretty suspect defense. I can see that kind of stretch at some point in his career but not this season

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
With that said, stranger things have happened. Didn't the Blues go on a crazy run with their rookie goalie last season? I remember they were even further out of playoff spot than us at some point

Reactions: egelband

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Blues winning the way they did was the worst thing to happen to teams

They’ve encouraged scrub teams to say “why can’t that be us?” as they aren’t even close to being as good

And the points gap is too wide for this team, it just isn’t going to happen. And it shouldn’t tbh

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
3 of Shesterkin’s 5 wins have come against teams below us in the standings, which there aren’t that many of. Both of the other two, he allowed 3 goals.

Obviously, I’m not saying he hasn’t been good. What I’m saying is that projecting his current record onto his future record might not be wise.

Reactions: RagFinMet and Siddi

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
3 of Shesterkin’s 5 wins have come against teams below us in the standings, which there aren’t that many of. Both of the other two, he allowed 3 goals.

Obviously, I’m not saying he hasn’t been good. What I’m saying is that projecting his current record onto his future record might not be wise.

He's going to have his stinkers and I'm not sure the fans are ready for it

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

And two of his wins came above teams in the standings. Happen to be two of the most dangerous teams in the league and he let up 3 goals big deal.

he’s won 101 of 126 games as a pro. Hardly a stretch to think he can sustain it. He’s only been doing forever.

Just saying 20-8 is not impossible not with that goalie.

Deleted member 23124

And all have come within the friendly confines of MSG....I didn't realize until last night that he hasn't played a road game yet.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
And two of his wins came above teams in the standings. Happen to be two of the most dangerous teams in the league and he let up 3 goals big deal.

he’s won 101 of 126 games as a pro. Hardly a stretch to think he can sustain it. He’s only been doing forever.

lol what does that mean fans won’t be ready for it? Of course he will we all know that. But they’re going to be few and far between

I think that most of us see him as our future goalie and backbone for the next decade but you need to pump the brakes.

"Hardly a stretch to think he can sustain it. He’s only been doing forever." "Just saying 20-8 is not impossible not with that goalie."

The NHL is a different animal compared to KHL and AHL. He is off to a great start but he is not exactly a unique case when it comes to that. Lots of goalies have burst on to the scene with great performances and then fizzle out once the real grind begins. Let's see what he does once the adrenalin wears off.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Making up 9 points this time of the year with our schedule is nearly impossible. We aren't deep enough imo.
Teams like the Flyers, Canes, Jackets and even Leafs are gonna be around 98-100 points with this damn three point system. This team isn't going 20-8 when we can't even win 3 in a row.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think that most of us see him as our future goalie and backbone for the next decade but you need to pump the brakes.

"Hardly a stretch to think he can sustain it. He’s only been doing forever." "Just saying 20-8 is not impossible not with that goalie."

The NHL is a different animal compared to KHL and AHL. He is off to a great start but he is not exactly a unique case when it comes to that. Lots of goalies have burst on to the scene with great performances and then fizzle out once the real grind begins. Let's see what he does once the adrenalin wears off.

no way it is? Tell me more about the nhl.

it’s not adrenaline it’s who he is. He’s not 20 he’s a star goaltender. We shall see. As I said we don’t know what the team looks like in 2 weeks but put me in the camp that says no way he starts losing games at any real clip

I think he goes 15-5 if he starts 20 of the next 28 games mark it down if you’d like

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I'm just saying... when you're playing against teams who are worse than you... particularly 3 of the 4 worst teams in the league, you have a larger margin of error. Goaltending can more easily win you games. Once he's playing against better teams more regularly, I wouldn't be shocked to see his record diminish.

He's already good, but the team in front of him isn't good enough to keep that kind of winning going.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The past 30 games or so the team has been MUCH better but unfortunately where it was a strength to start the analytics show outside of Shesterkin’s games we’ve been one of the worst teams in goal. Hank and Georgiev have not been good.

now with strong goaltending and the team playing much better hockey I expect them to win games he starts. It all goes out the window if we gut the team in two weeks of course but I see a lot of wins to finish the year for him because of his abilities and the team playing much better hockey

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
The past 30 games or so the team has been MUCH better but unfortunately where it was a strength to start the analytics show outside of Shesterkin’s games we’ve been one of the worst teams in goal. Hank and Georgiev have not been good.

now with strong goaltending and the team playing much better hockey I expect them to win games he starts. It all goes out the window if we gut the team in two weeks of course but I see a lot of wins to finish the year for him because of his abilities and the team playing much better hockey
I don't think its out of the realm of possibility, but I wouldn't say I'm as bullish on it as you are.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
So many of Shety's little glove saves would be knocked down if it were Hank (even Georgiev isn't that smooth with caching the puck). Shesty holds his spot and knows he can just catch it without shifting. Hank is big into sliding off his position to block the puck with his chest rather than using his glove to catch it, and he tries to keep his chest square and centered on the puck to be in as good of a position for the inevitable rebound. Havoc then ensues. Shesty just catches it without a second thought. Seems simple but he's really such a calming influence on the D.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
no way it is? Tell me more about the nhl.

You are the one proclaiming his past to be surefire proof of what he will become in the NHL. You seem to be heavily invested in the kid and you have been hyping him from the get go. All I am saying is, calm down a bit. Let's see how things play out.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don't think its out of the realm of possibility, but I wouldn't say I'm as bullish on it as you are.

I’m more bullish on him than the team right now but You can go back and see how skeptical I was of his numbers in the KHL. But I watched every one of his Hartford games and if you read that thread you’ll see what I’ve had to say about him. This is all he does. He just wins. The shutouts will come too. The gas will continue to drop and the wins will continue to come when he starts.

that save he makes point blank when it’s 0-0 and the team is sleeping is what he’s so good at. He gives his team a chance to get into games and take leads or at worst keep his team in a game so that they can come back. He’s just a very clutch goalie in there regard.

His calmness is not new. He’s just an iceman. Knoblauch was saying they had heart monitors on the goalies and every one else thru games their monitors would be all over the place. Shesterkin’s hardly ever moved. Just everything u want in a goalie.

Ps I was never like that by the way lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad