#53 Stadium Series, Kings lose to Ducks ... by some score.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Williams and Richards were chirping everyone.

And it pissed me off they didn't shake hands. But I'd rather them show anger than no emotion like the Oilolololers.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Matt Frattin has not been playing better. I'm sorry but that guy is just not a good hockey player. Lombardi must be playing the money ball game and making Sutter start him, that's the only reason I can come up with. You still got a solid package if Frattin doesn't pan out, Lombardi. You did what you could, had your back against the wall and got value out of a UFA-to be in Scrivens. Move on and give Toffoli those minutes.

The most disappointing part about Mike Richards right now is that he was actually having a great start to the season. He looked like the Mike Richards that we first acquired two years ago. The one that we had during the Stanley Cup run. But the past month, he's looked like the Mike Richards from last season. Ugh, this is so frustrating lol.

I think Frattin has been playing better but he's not a LW. Richards had a respiratory infection in December which iS part of the reason for his slump after coming out so strong. As far as people saying Toffoli should be on the 2nd line over Frattin, he wasn't scoring before the demotion so that's why Sutter is sitting him now.

I'd love to see Brown/Kopi/Williams together with Kopi charging the net which is when he's most effective. Put King/Richards/Carter together and leave them there.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I think Frattin has been playing better but he's not a LW. Richards had a respiratory infection in December which iS part of the reason for his slump after coming out so strong. As far as people saying Toffoli should be on the 2nd line over Frattin, he wasn't scoring before the demotion so that's why Sutter is sitting him now.

I'd love to see Brown/Kopi/Williams together with Kopi charging the net which is when he's most effective. Put King/Richards/Carter together and leave them there.

Frattin and Lewis have basically not scored the entire year ( 4 goals and 11 points combined in 82 combined games) while Toffoli is still the Kings 6th leading goal scorer playing about 20 fewer games than almost everyone else. Yet Lewis is put on the first line and Frattin is given chance after chance. I'm sorry, but it's gotta be a vet/grinder thing, because nothing else makes sense. Frattin is also a team worst -6, Lewis is a -1, while Toffoli is a +14

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd have to think that what happened last night would accelerate whatever Lombardi has working.

KingKopitar11*

I'd have to think that what happened last night would accelerate whatever Lombardi has working.

Yup DL always has to have someone else force his hand, it's pretty sad.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Present moves?

Ok here goes...

1. The Kings aren't winning a cup this season, so move forward looking to next season, not a massive rebuild by any stretch, but don't do anything stupid to try and salvage this season

2. Trade Mike Richards now so we aren't posting here on this board in 2017 about how awful his contract is. Remember, better to move a guy a year early than a year late. The Kings could probably get a 2nd line left winger for him, on a much more manageable cap situation. Move Carter to 2nd line center and insert Toffoli into the lineup as a top six.

3. Use your new found cap and roster flexibility to sign another top 6 skilled player this summer and acquire a long term defensive partner for Drew Doughty. The Kings can sign any forward position as Carter could go back to the wing if they sign a center.

4. Figure out what it's going to take to sign Kopitar when we are eligible to start negotiating with him in July 2015.

5. Keep Stoll through the life of his contract but gradually get Vey prepared to take over that spot. Start by having Vey play regularly next year as 4th line center with some PP time mixed in.

6. Don't tender a QA to Matt Frattin, guy was a massive flop.

7. Sign and build your 4th line around Jordan Nolan, dump Clifford for whatever you can get.

I like this. Richard in a package to Winnipeg or Montreal for Pacs, Ladd or for Kane.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002

I like those lines if our current roster stays intact

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
The Anaheim Ducks hockey club lined up after the game to perform a previously-agreed-upon handshake with the polluted players of the Los Angeles Kings, only to be snubbed as the despicable Kings skated away.

For shame!

Good! That means they were pissed, as they should be. Hopefully they had a closed door, team meeting as well....and hopefully it wasn't led by Brown.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
The Catsup King has called court, and would like to use his first ever post here to address the Anaheim Ducks versus the Los Angeles Kings.

One may presume that because of my title that I must sympathize with fellow monarchists.

Nay, not tonight!

As many have previously undoubtedly noted, fans of the Los Angeles Kings are generally barbaric rubes that make Raider Nation look like a weekend book club.

But the Los Angeles Kings organization is now mirroring its sordid fan base.

The Anaheim Ducks hockey club lined up after the game to perform a previously-agreed-upon handshake with the polluted players of the Los Angeles Kings, only to be snubbed as the despicable Kings skated away.

For shame!

I turned the game off when Kiss took to the stage in the intermission. They should have shook hands with the Ducks, every time there is an outdoor game the teams shake hands. This looks bad.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
Ugh this is so embarrassing. We outplayed them and should've won but it's the same story as it has been for the past 4 years. Can't. Score. Goals.

Serious question. I am a fan of the Kings, one of my favorite western teams. I don't think Toffoli would be a magic bullet, but it sure would seem like he could help a bit.

Why is he not playing? Presumably there are top 6 players ahead of him that are there to score and are not getting the job done. Why not inject him to that top 6 and see if he can get a little offense going.

IMO he has looked at least serviceable as a scoring forward, even in the playoffs. Odd that a team the seems to only lacking scoring (desperately) has him stapled to the bench. Am I missing something?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
We should deal these players imo:

Muzzin
Fraser
Stoll
Frattin

Could we get anyone out of them? I doubt it. Honestly dont care for Moulson as I said before.

Edit: Even Mitchell should be moved.

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
We should deal these players imo:

Muzzin
Fraser
Stoll
Frattin

Could we get anyone out of them? I doubt it. Honestly dont care for Moulson as I said before.

Edit: Even Mitchell should be moved.

A combination of some of these players with prospects and draft picks should get us something, honestly.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Serious question. I am a fan of the Kings, one of my favorite western teams. I don't think Toffoli would be a magic bullet, but it sure would seem like he could help a bit.

Why is he not playing? Presumably there are top 6 players ahead of him that are there to score and are not getting the job done. Why not inject him to that top 6 and see if he can get a little offense going.

IMO he has looked at least serviceable as a scoring forward, even in the playoffs. Odd that a team the seems to only lacking scoring (desperately) has him stapled to the bench. Am I missing something?

I wanted to think of a better response, but really all I've got is "nope!" :laugh:

#builtfortheplayoffs

scryan

May 1, 2013

I want to be behind Frattin, for a couple of days I almost was!
But here is the issue... Frattin looks like he should be doing good. He is trying hard and doing the right thing... But can we really say he is playing better?
By what metric? Because unfortunately he pretty much hasn't accomplished a damn thing...
I would be more behind him I think if he was doing something horribly wrong. Then we would have something to fix, but the truth is he has consistently "played well" while horribly under performing, to me that is the worst possibility because at some point it means we have to accept that there may just be nothing there.

Maybe, maybe not... who the hell knows :D

I will say though, for all the excitement of toffoli (I like him too), he isn't necessarily the crazy sniper people hold him to be. More then anything he just has a strong shot mentality. He will shoot while being tripped at the blue line, he will shoot while loosing an edge behind the net, he will shoot while there is no lane from a bad angle and he will shoot from the point. He isn't a bad shooter but I think his willingness to shoot is more responsible then his actual shot. It worked a bit better when he was some rookie who wasn't really being covered, but he hasn't produced much since they started paying more attention to his shots (recognizing full well that lines and ice time plays a role in his tapering off as well). Regardless of whatever reasons, its been a while since he put one in and if he is not doing that Sutter probably isnt going to show much love.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kopitar needs to watch what Jagr just did. Don't float around the boards with the puck. Amazing what happens when you find guys in the slot.

But that would mean that he risks putting himself out there to be hit. I swear, at times it seems like Kopitar can make Jozef Stumpel look like Peter Forsberg. He looks so timid on the ice right now.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Hrm, I lifted that from lakingsinsider...

It's 24 goals in the last 14 games, which is actually a tiny bit worse than 14 in 8. I'm guessing they just flipped 14 and 8. Games and goals both start with the letter g, so, easy to do.

Lately it just seems like the Kings would score 8 goals in 14 games, but they haven't been that horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad