#53 Stadium Series, Kings lose to Ducks ... by some score.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=702415

I can't imagine that any coach, no matter how defensively minded, would ever say don't move your feet, and don't go to the net. I just can't wrap my mind around the players ever being told to stand still on the boards, and then go for a line change.

When it comes to offense, the players on the team just aren't playing basic hockey. Move your feet on the PP, and go to, and get in front of, the net. You still may not score, but if you just stand around on the boards all game, you have no chance whatsoever.

No he won't tell them something like that.....

But gifted players getting tired and bored when forced into a role they are not made for.
Especially when they love the games as Kopitar and Brown are doing.

I totally support players completely shutting down until Sutter is gone. If Lombardi is going with him i wouldn't cry either.

it's time for young modern hockey when you intend to compete on highest levels.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Hey Puck U, what happened to our Gordon Ramsay themed PGTs? At least I had something to look forward to after a loss :laugh:

Well I did update the FIRST POST with some GIF's :thumbu: ... but yeah it's getting hard to find Gordon Ramsay gif's that we haven't already used and that will pass the censorship warnings ;) :laugh:

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
... and back on topic.

Ok I've been told not to question actions of moderators :laugh:, and I'm not trying to. The previous deleted discussion was way better then having to talk about that game the other night. I guess this is the post game thread. Oh well...

Well Sharks tomorrow!!!! lets get that game day thread up.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
Ok I've been told not to question actions of moderators :laugh:, and I'm not trying to. The previous deleted discussion was way better then having to talk about that game the other night. I guess this is the post game thread. Oh well...

Well Sharks tomorrow!!!! lets get that game day thread up.

Everything was pretty well covered in the previous PGTs :deadhorse :laugh:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Late to the party as I've been busy. The whole event was awesome, I wish I could've been there but that's the life of an east coast fan. However, our performance was painful to watch. Jesus, I wish I could've seen the crowd react to the boys scoring at least 1 goal.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
A horrendous effort by a team that lacks passion. I went to the game, don't think it will be back. Sat in 313 Row A, couldn't see the game at all. Luckily there was a giant HD screen on the field so we watched the game on that. Glad I went but the game sucked, our view sucked, the Kings effort sucked the most and getting out of Dodger Stadium was a disaster. Whoever is in charge of traffic control should also be traded out of town with the King players who don't care.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
A horrendous effort by a team that lacks passion. I went to the game, don't think it will be back. Sat in 313 Row A, couldn't see the game at all. Luckily there was a giant HD screen on the field so we watched the game on that. Glad I went but the game sucked, our view sucked, the Kings effort sucked the most and getting out of Dodger Stadium was a disaster. Whoever is in charge of traffic control should also be traded out of town with the King players who don't care.

Pretty much everything that you pointed out was a reason why I was so reluctant to attend. I'm glad I stayed home to watch. While I'm sure the experience was one of those "once in a lifetime" type events, I think as a long time fan, the lasting memory that will stick to my mind would be the decrepit play and how they lost this game at such a unique event. Way to ruin what should've been a magical night.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The event was a definite success. The place was packed. People were excited. Too bad the Kings didn't bother to show up.

BTW, they ran out of beer and food at a lot of the stands by the second period. Either hockey fans are a bunch of fat drunks.

Hey that happened in my section. ...:cry:

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Pretty much everything that you pointed out was a reason why I was so reluctant to attend. I'm glad I stayed home to watch. While I'm sure the experience was one of those "once in a lifetime" type events, I think as a long time fan, the lasting memory that will stick to my mind would be the decrepit play and how they lost this game at such a unique event. Way to ruin what should've been a magical night.

Yup, I knew there was a chance I would not be able to see the game when I bought the tickets but I got them under face value. I wanted to go but I wasn't going to pay $500 a ticket. I looked at it the same as I looked at going to the Super Bowl in 2003 when the Raiders played the Bucs. I was offered a ticket 6 rows up in the Raiders end zone for $400, sitting by myself while my friends were in other seats far away from me. I just wanted to get in the door and experience it once and I was so hung over I didn't mind sitting by myself-and I had better tickets than Axl Rose. I think the Coliseum would be a much better seating arrangement but there is no chance hockey fans would fill that place up-unless they offered free beer and hot dogs apparently.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The event was a definite success. The place was packed. People were excited. Too bad the Kings didn't bother to show up.

BTW, they ran out of beer and food at a lot of the stands by the second period. Either hockey fans are a bunch of fat drunks.

Or, there is correlation between Kings hockey and alcoholism and eating disorders due to severe depression.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I think the Coliseum would be a much better seating arrangement but there is no chance hockey fans would fill that place up-unless they offered free beer and hot dogs apparently.

Last time I was at the Coliseum I parked on someone's front lawn, so they've got that going for the location..

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
My tickets were actually pretty great in Reserve 32 at the "reduced" $149 price point. After the way they played, I wish I wasn't able to see anything but, alas, I saw the whole damn thing.

Highlight of my time at the stadium was the fact they had Carl's Jr so at least I got to have a Double Western during the 2nd intermission.

I'm glad I went but I'm still having a hard time looking at the overall picture as opposed to just the game. I had a great time getting drunk with my friends prior to jumping on the Metro with a strong road soda. I don't see a couple of these guys too often because they started families so, really, the best part of the entire experience was riding up there with some characters on the Metro and then trying to walk to Union Station hammered while none of us knew where we were. Then, of course, we got an awesome character sit down next to us on the ride back who kept grabbing my friend for some reason. Good times.

As a pretty devoted fan, I'm glad I can say I was there but I'm having a hard time saying it right at this moment. My first Stanley Cup Finals game was Game 3 in Anaheim back in '07 and I've pretty much blocked it from my memory: now I feel like I just attended another one of the Ducks greatest moments in their history except I got to pay $500 for the pleasure when factoring in the tickets I gifted to my parents. I know I'll make peace with it and eventually focus on the good parts but, right now, it still really effing sucks and the Kings general apathy about the loss in their postgame comments makes the entire event infuriating at the moment.

I don't think I've ever felt like "I want to take a break from watching the Kings": the first time happened Saturday.

Oh, good thing I took the Metro because it took my parents over an hour to get out of the parking lot. Pretty sweet Christmas present I got them.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
My tickets were actually pretty great in Reserve 32 at the "reduced" $149 price point. After the way they played, I wish I wasn't able to see anything but, alas, I saw the whole damn thing.

Highlight of my time at the stadium was the fact they had Carl's Jr so at least I got to have a Double Western during the 2nd intermission.

I'm glad I went but I'm still having a hard time looking at the overall picture as opposed to just the game. I had a great time getting drunk with my friends prior to jumping on the Metro with a strong road soda. I don't see a couple of these guys too often because they started families so, really, the best part of the entire experience was riding up there with some characters on the Metro and then trying to walk to Union Station hammered while none of us knew where we were. Then, of course, we got an awesome character sit down next to us on the ride back who kept grabbing my friend for some reason. Good times.

As a pretty devoted fan, I'm glad I can say I was there but I'm having a hard time saying it right at this moment. My first Stanley Cup Finals game was Game 3 in Anaheim back in '07 and I've pretty much blocked it from my memory: now I feel like I just attended another one of the Ducks greatest moments in their history except I got to pay $500 for the pleasure when factoring in the tickets I gifted to my parents. I know I'll make peace with it and eventually focus on the good parts but, right now, it still really effing sucks and the Kings general apathy about the loss in their postgame comments makes the entire event infuriating at the moment.

I don't think I've ever felt like "I want to take a break from watching the Kings": the first time happened Saturday.

Oh, good thing I took the Metro because it took my parents over an hour to get out of the parking lot. Pretty sweet Christmas present I got them.

Feeling a little of this too. But, I'm excited for the game tonight, even with the recent struggles.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
I just want to say I had so much fun...despite the Kings lack of play. I dont regret going at all and my seats were awesome. I did some heavy researching before buying them and was not disappointed. I really have no complaints besides the lack of goals.. but, I went into the game knowing that it was going to be difficult game for the Kings. But, still wasnt expecting a shutout. I really wanted to see the fans go crazy when the Kings scored because they really would have.

I feel bad for the fans that didnt go because its something I will always hold close to my heart. Just really awesome experience!!

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I just want to say I had so much fun...despite the Kings lack of play. I dont regret going at all and my seats were awesome. I did some heavy researching before buying them and was not disappointed. I really have no complaints besides the lack of goals.. but, I went into the game knowing that it was going to be difficult game for the Kings. But, still wasnt expecting a shutout. I really wanted to see the fans go crazy when the Kings scored because they really would have.

I feel bad for the fans that didnt go because its something I will always hold close to my heart. Just really awesome experience!!

Let us know how you really feel after you've sobered up. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad