Post-Game Talk: #53 |New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | May 4th | 7:00 | F/SOL 4-3

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
@scott99 can I please get a trademarked scott99 guarantee that we’re gonna get swept in the playoffs. The last time we got one of those was your 100% guarantee we’d get destroyed by the Flyers in Game 7. I’m not feeling too great about the team right now, but if we get one of your patented guarantees I’ll feel a bit better.

scott99

May 13, 2005
@scott99 can I please get a trademarked scott99 guarantee that we’re gonna get swept in the playoffs. The last time we got one of those was your 100% guarantee we’d get destroyed by the Flyers in Game 7. I’m not feeling too great about the team right now, but if we get one of your patented guarantees I’ll feel a bit better.
100% guarantee they will get swept.

Reactions: Zeeker

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Barry quickly becoming the Mickey Callaway of the postgame pressers

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
They have been shelled by the top teams in the div and made a living beating up on the sabres and devils.

they have 5 reg wins in the last 20 games.
Lets see what happens in the playoffs...I believe they are going to put up a fight against whoever they play

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Trotz sounds like he’s going to keep resting guys down the stretch. I think when we lost yesterday he threw in the towel on getting home ice.

Now he probably wants to get the team as sharp as possible. He kept talking about the mental grind of this season and being ready when the live bullets start flying in 10 days.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Maybe he’ll ask Jacques Lemaire to go back behind the bench.
Captain-Jack-website.png

Reactions: MJF

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Trotz sounds like he’s going to keep resting guys down the stretch. I think when we lost yesterday he threw in the towel on getting home ice.

Now he probably wants to get the team as sharp as possible. He kept talking about the mental grind of this season and being ready when the live bullets start flying in 10 days.
Yes they treated it like preseason tonight and it was like that tonight, up and down and very little hitting. Barzal sitting tonight sealed that, it’s get ready for Game 1 mode now so let’s hope it pays off.

Reactions: Lek and MJF

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
That’s not true. There was a report saying that it was the Islanders who changed their minds, and went with the Devil’s garbage, not Hall/Sabres who changed their minds/blocked the trade.

I don't know about that report, but everything being said in Buffalo that no other team was a serious consideration for Hall. How true that would have been if Boston was only going to offer something insulting that would have kept him...who knows.. maybe Hall would have changed his mind rather than stay on the Sabres.

I guess technically, both things could be true that the Isles inquired and withdrew and that Hall never considered any other team as a destination.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
May as well rest Barzal the rest of the way. Why risk injury to pick up some wins vs the Devils? Maybe it will have a positive effect on the rest of the team and force someone to step up and be the guy.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

These last 4 games are preps for the big race. He dressed players that haven't played in awhile, he rested players that have played a lot tonight. I am not even upset tonight, this is just about finding the right line combos, getting the guys in the right frame of minds for the playoffs. I am not even sure he would read the riot act to the boys in the dressing room. You have to save that for the playoffs. Use it strategically. Isles are in, all that matters is getting ready for game 1. Home ice or not does not matter as much when rinks are half empty socially distanced.

Reactions: MJF

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Please don't ruin the narrative for the same handful of posters here who continue to insist that the Isles chose not to pursue Hall. They don't have much else going for themselves right now.
Isles could get swept in playoffs and I still wouldn’t have traded for Hall. I probably wouldn’t have traded for Palmieri and Zajac either.

Reactions: xECK29x

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I am 100% confident this team will be ready for the playoffs. I’m more worried about specific players getting their scoring touch. Barzal, Palmieri, Nelson are players who are gonna need to score if they have any chance

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
These last 4 games are preps for the big race. He dressed players that haven't played in awhile, he rested players that have played a lot tonight. I am not even upset tonight, this is just about finding the right line combos, getting the guys in the right frame of minds for the playoffs. I am not even sure he would read the riot act to the boys in the dressing room. You have to save that for the playoffs. Use it strategically. Isles are in, all that matters is getting ready for game 1. Home ice or not does not matter as much when rinks are half empty socially distanced.
It’s important that Pulock and Pelech sit down stretch here and the fourth liners need to be sitting to make sure they are ready. Anyone slightly banged up should sit . Let’s see Hickey, Aho, Bellows all get at least one game just in case they are ever needed.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Being in the basement for twenty years has left many Islanders fans skittish

While that may be partially true, there is a small contingent who ebb and flow from overemotional to, the more clinical term, simply batsh!t crazy.

When I was a child, I used to really get worked up about sports, like ruin my day upset with a mix of inane ranting, but I just don't have the energy anymore. There is so much more to worry about and focus on.

Sports should be a release and welcome break from the monotony of everyday life. I can't even imagine coping with everyday life BS AND then getting so upset over say an OT loss to an ECHL goalie.

It would be beyond exhausting.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Re: Hall Trade

Hall nix'd the deal. He was going to go to the Isles, but then heard that Boston was in too and he's always wanted to play for Boston, so he told the Sabres to trade him to Boston. That handcuffed the team
I’d heard that a deal was in place but Lou went with the Devils offer once Zajac was included

obv none of us were there, but that’s my understanding based purely on hearsay

Reactions: scott99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad