Post-Game Talk: #53 |New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | May 4th | 7:00 | F/SOL 4-3

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Barzal is on a milk carton most of the season.
Most is an exaggeration. Barzal started the year off better than I have ever seen him play, this unravelled with the Lee injury. He needs to be good enough to not matter who his linemates are. I have no problem with the Barzal, Eberle, Komarov line. But at this stage maybe flip Palmieri with Eberle. Experiment, see what a Barzal, Palmieri, Komarov line can do.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Scott99 is known to be an extreme over-reactor when anything bad happens. Predicts the end of the earth. Nevertheless, he’s right that the team sucks right now
I mean, yeah the team sucks.

But Barry Trotz isn’t getting fired. If you had to pick one person between the two of them to blame for this it’s Lou 100%. Went with his Devils fetish over Hall

Even so, I can’t believe how useless he has been. Zajac is well past his prime so I get it, but Palmieri has been absolutely useless

scott99

May 13, 2005
You’re batshit crazy if you think Trotz is on the chopping block
If I was a betting man, I’d wager you on that. Lou is crazier than me. If they lose the next 2 to the Devils, the last game of the year against the Bruins (guaranteed loss), and get swept, he will fire Trotz.

This is THE WORST playoff hockey team I’ve ever seen. I’d be shocked if they win ONE playoff game.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
Hate to say it, Trotz’s days are numbered. If/when they are swept in the 1st round, Lou is gonna fire him. I’ve seen him do it before. Not so thrilled with Lou at this moment either. He had Hall in his grasp yet decided to take the Devils garbage instead.

Hey, Sabres fan here. Sorry for posting on your board, but Lou had 0% chance at Hall. The Sabres gave Hall an NMC so he could control where he went and Hall basically said he'd go to 1 team...the Bruins. He was only ever going to the Bruins or staying on the Sabres to play out the season.

Reactions: MJF and danteipp

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Hate to say it, Trotz’s days are numbered. If/when they are swept in the 1st round, Lou is gonna fire him. I’ve seen him do it before. Not so thrilled with Lou at this moment either. He had Hall in his grasp yet decided to take the Devils garbage instead.
And who is Lou going to put behind the bench next season?

Come on bro!

Reactions: danteipp

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
If we are being realistic, does it matter where we finish? where we play? when we play?

This team just lost to a career ECHL goaltender two nights in a row, on a team whose best player by a country mile is Sam Reinhart

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Little thing, but I'd rather see Beau show a bit of hurt than just say, hey it happens.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
It’s crunch time and their ‘best player’ is scratched. Barzal as a leader is definitely in question.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hey, Sabres fan here and I can tell you that Lou had 0% chance at Hall. The Sabres gave Hall an NMC so he could control where he went and Hall basically said he'd go to 1 team...the Bruins. He was only ever going to the Bruins or staying on the Sabres to play out the season.
Most Islanders fans didn't want Hall, There are a few that did, but most were worried about the baggage he may bring to a tight team that consider themsleves equals. Also I am not convinced he was Lou's first choice. Lou always talks about team chemistry and maybe disrupting it. I will say one thing about the Sabres too, they are playing hard, and whether it is because Hall is not there bringing the room down or not, the Sabres look much tougher to play against. Also Houser, he may be a find. I scanned his goalie stats, he has never had a sub .900 save season but 1 year.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Hey, Sabres fan here. Sorry for posting on your board, but Lou had 0% chance at Hall. The Sabres gave Hall an NMC so he could control where he went and Hall basically said he'd go to 1 team...the Bruins. He was only ever going to the Bruins or staying on the Sabres to play out the season.
That’s not true. There was a report saying that it was the Islanders who changed their minds, and went with the Devil’s garbage, not Hall/Sabres who changed their minds/blocked the trade.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
If we are being realistic, does it matter where we finish? where we play? when we play?

This team just lost to a career ECHL goaltender two nights in a row, on a team whose best player by a country mile is Sam Reinhart
But yet they seem to show up against the best. They play worse when an opponents star is out

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Please don't ruin the narrative for the same handful of posters here who continue to insist that the Isles chose not to pursue Hall. They don't have much else going for themselves right now.

Reactions: danteipp

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
But yet they seem to show up against the best. They play worse when an opponents star is out

They have been shelled by the top teams in the div and made a living beating up on the sabres and devils.

they have 5 reg wins in the last 20 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad