Post-Game Talk: #53| Kings 1 at Flyers 0 | OT | Saturday, February 4, 2017

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Let me guess, we lost and now hyperbolic negativity rules the thread.

Calm down.

I'm usually pretty negative even after winning, this team is awful. I haven't really seen them take over a game and just dominate in a long while.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
There are many days where I am frustrated by this forum, and how I fail to see eye to eye with so many fans of my fellow team.

This is not one of those days.

Weise is a complete zero offensively. A zero. Skating that BUM 3-on-3 is outrageous.

Bellemare was horrible today.

You can't scratch your 2 best offensive creators.

Hakstol... ugh.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
I would recommend watching hockey games for a change. Maybe spend more time in front of the TV and less making awful trade threads?

Another one of these posts.

Giroux is not playing anywhere near expectations, not even in spurts.

His future with us is a totally valid thing to discuss.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So, get this:

I wasn't actually that bored watching that game. Seriously.

lolz

However, that doesn't mean I liked what I saw. And this ...

Hakstol just talking about "battling hard," "fighting hard" -- his usual stock phrase. Battled, barely hanging in....same difference, whatevs.......

Out shot attempted at 5v5 42 to 62; out shot 15 to 23; out chanced 13 to 27; out high danger chanced 5 to 10.

Hakstol then said when asked about the young kids that he was "dressing the best roster possible to win." Don't shovel that ****, Dave. Please tell us how excellent PEB and his line were again, with 0 shots for as a line.

... I can't even with this college doink anymore, seriously. If his idiotic collegiate decision-making and idiotic cowardly mindset get us where we need to be, then hurray. Hurray like a m**********r. I just don't see it happening. This isn't the heartland and this isn't college, Hakstok, you meat and potatoes utter knob.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm usually pretty negative even after winning, this team is awful. I haven't really seen them take over a game and just dominate in a long while.

They are lifeless and seem to be going through the motions because its their jobs rather than playing with any sort of passion. In other words, theyve assumed the identity of their coach.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not me, bud. I'd rather endure this nonsense than ... that nonsense lol.

Both options suck but there is something more grating about Haks style to me. Chief seemed less stubborn but also less intelligent. The players loved him too. Especially Jake.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
There's a big difference between discussing his future and saying we NEED to get rid of him.

Yeah agreed, and I wish people would say that instead of belittling the dude who's obviously frustrated by recent games.

Personally I think Giroux's intangibles and PP production remain strong enough for now that we aren't anywhere near where we were with, say, Briere near the end of his time.

But at some point in the next few years we want this team to move towards contention. It's perfectly valid to discuss whether he can play at a 1C level 5-on-5 at that point.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
They are lifeless and seem to be going through the motions because its their jobs rather than playing with any sort of passion. In other words, theyve assumed the identity of their coach.

Honestly as a fan, I'd rather have a guy like Neilsen or Berube back there for the sheer entertainment value if nothing else.

This team and this season have been pretty boring. Hak seems like one of those coaches who likes it that way.

Reminds me of Terry Murray's teams, a little. They were fun to watch despite his best efforts!

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
I've been cringing since the very first game Hakstol was behind the bench. His face, hair, demeanor, scream zero confidence and just no balls. The team basically emulates that.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've been cringing since the very first game Hakstol was behind the bench. His face, hair, demeanor, scream zero confidence and just no balls. The team basically emulates that.

I could deal with that, even the hair - I grew up with guys who had that hair, back in the 1970s. One of them put a firecracker in an apple and almost blew his fingers off. All the rest of them got high and couldn't wait for the next Styx concert. I could even deal with his dead-eyed pot roast stare. But his ****ing simpleton country bumpkin cowardice drives me mental.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
I could deal with that, even the hair - I grew up with guys who had that hair, back in the 1970s. One of them put a firecracker in an apple and almost blew his fingers off. All the rest of them got high and couldn't wait for the next Styx concert. I could even deal with his dead-eyed pot roast stare. But his ****ing simpleton country bumpkin cowardice drives me mental.

LOL 5 million.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Honestly as a fan, I'd rather have a guy like Neilsen or Berube back there for the sheer entertainment value if nothing else.

This team and this season have been pretty boring. Hak seems like one of those coaches who likes it that way.

Reminds me of Terry Murray's teams, a little. They were fun to watch despite his best efforts!

How did Berube provide entertainment value? If he wasn't as stoic behind the bench as Hakstol, he was close. And his team played a more passive 1-2-2 neutral zone system than Hakstol's 1-1-3.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

You're confusing Berube as the player with Berube the coach. The latter was just like Hak in his demeanor on the bench.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah agreed, and I wish people would say that instead of belittling the dude who's obviously frustrated by recent games.

Personally I think Giroux's intangibles and PP production remain strong enough for now that we aren't anywhere near where we were with, say, Briere near the end of his time.

But at some point in the next few years we want this team to move towards contention. It's perfectly valid to discuss whether he can play at a 1C level 5-on-5 at that point.

If the team was playing as well as, or better than, last year, but Giroux was struggling, I'd believe that he's just getting old. But when the entire team is looking bad 90% of the time I just don't buy it. I think G and Ghost are just in a real bad funk that is being mega amplified by the entire teams struggles. They're trying too hard to break out of it and its causing them to force things instead of playing a more natural/confident style. Maybe it's partly him getting older, but I think his 5v5 play from last year is more like what it would be this year if things were more normal in general.

I think his PP production will always be there, his 5v5 production will likely decrease with age evnetually, but at the same time as the team around him improves it would offset that.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
One of the few times I'll agree with the majority on here.

You look at who was on the ice during the OT GA and it becomes clear. Coach is an idiot.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Sixth time we've scored one or fewer in the past month. Tenth time we've scored two or fewer.

That's only in about 15 games overall. It's just boring.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
After thinking about it and reading some post game quotes, players are playing back because honestly their skill level isn't up to par, Hakstol's system requires a lot more skillful and talented players, Flyers don't got it, they need to be a boring team to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad