Post-Game Talk: #53| Kings 1 at Flyers 0 | OT | Saturday, February 4, 2017

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
"They didn't give up a goal while on the ice"

That's basically what it comes down to & as pointed out above would just be a waste of time to ask.

They're not skilled enough to play a skill game so they play some bumper car type hockey all game that doesn't really amount to anything. But NHL people are no different to equate that to effort level & all those stupid cliches slung around.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I would flat out ask:

How can you honestly say Belle and VDV have a good game when they are out chanced 13-0 and have a 0 Corsi for.

I would love to be that point blank, but you know good and well you're not going to get a straight answer from a question like that. Questions about his lineup choices seem pointless IMO, how about something that addresses the offensive/defensive/PP/PK schemes he's running?

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Who were they going to put out there after Provovov, V and G failed to take advantage of the opportunity to win the game?

They're playing very good defense the last two games, the worst plays were bad passes in the D-zone by Couts, Provorov and Manning and another dumb stick penalty by Giroux. And PEB failed to clear the zone after a power play. Other than that, they were fine. Problem is if they're conservative, they don't score, if they open it up, they're a sieve. Pick your poison.

The problem on offense starts with the fact that Giroux is a shadow of himself, he used to drive the play, now he waits in the shadows for the puck to be passed to him. Couts is a defensive center and Schenn isn't a center. I don't care what system you run, or if Konecny and Ghost are out there, they're not even going to be average at ES until reinforcements arrive. Konecny wouldn't have done much today, Kings were checking all over the ice, the kind of games where midgets get swallowed up. And remember, he has all of 4 ES goals, not exactly a game changer, though he is better than Luby and Weise.

The problem is talent, or lack of such, you can't complain about the effort, but jeez, Streit is so slow these days, I'll take any draft pick I can get for him, MDZ, Schultz or Manning. But we know all these, except the fools who think a different coach can take mediocre players and turn them into allstars.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Who were they going to put out there after Provovov, V and G failed to take advantage of the opportunity to win the game?

They're playing very good defense the last two games, the worst plays were bad passes in the D-zone by Couts, Provorov and Manning and another dumb stick penalty by Giroux. And PEB failed to clear the zone after a power play. Other than that, they were fine. Problem is if they're conservative, they don't score, if they open it up, they're a sieve. Pick your poison.

The problem on offense starts with the fact that Giroux is a shadow of himself, he used to drive the play, now he waits in the shadows for the puck to be passed to him. Couts is a defensive center and Schenn isn't a center. I don't care what system you run, or if Konecny and Ghost are out there, they're not even going to be average at ES until reinforcements arrive. Konecny wouldn't have done much today, Kings were checking all over the ice, the kind of games where midgets get swallowed up. And remember, he has all of 4 ES goals, not exactly a game changer, though he is better than Luby and Weise.

The problem is talent, or lack of such, you can't complain about the effort, but jeez, Streit is so slow these days, I'll take any draft pick I can get for him, MDZ, Schultz or Manning. But we know all these, except the fools who think a different coach can take mediocre players and turn them into allstars.

Back to Couts line,,, you know just like the Kings did. You don't have to roll 4 lines in OT. If you would watch the games, Kings start OT with their 3 best players. Instead of trying to win wonder dummy chose to check them and it worked. G line then had a chance and Kings went back to the best OT Line in the world and college boy went with our worst D man, a multi game healthy scratch and our worst def center men. Manning completely let Carter get open and we lost

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

this is the truth. Top players drive the train and ours aren't good enough as a group.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

All the bolded is incorrect.

And they played very good defense? Missed the game, huh? :laugh: They were turning the puck over like crazy.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Back to Couts line,,, you know just like the Kings did. You don't have to roll 4 lines in OT. If you would watch the games, Kings start OT with their 3 best players. Instead of trying to win wonder dummy chose to check them and it worked. G line then had a chance and Kings went back to the best OT Line in the world and college boy went with our worst D man, a multi game healthy scratch and our worst def center men. Manning completely let Carter get open and we lost
we know manning blew the play but where are the top players on this team? Manning won't be here soon. Flyers checked the best they could and when in the offensive end they are slow and lost all board battles.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hak refuses to use Gudas in 3v3. Ideally I wouldn't use him either his impatient play isn't a great fit but when the options are MacDonald, Schultz, & Manning I'm going to be a little more open to it.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

"The problem is talent, or lack of such".....so maybe we should dress our top ES point getter at forward and Calder runner up at D?

If he had not scratched Ghost....guess what, he has another option in OT after Provy. Instead we got Manning. Oh...how about the PP? Nope....Manning there too.

Hmmm....how do you beat size and strength? With size and skill.

We purposely made our team worse today. In fact, we have yet to ice our best team because VDV has a shield of ND around him. We have enough flaws due to lack of talent and Hakstol makes it worse.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
:laugh:

Love Doughty's honesty about playing against Philly:

"We were confident we were going to score a goal. He [Neuvirth] played awesome obviously but [the Flyers are] one of the top in the League in letting goals in so we knew one was going to come." -- Kings defenseman Drew Doughty

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I just found it weird that Hakstol has used Streit all season in OT....but turned to Manning.

Then he used Cousins last game in OT a lot, and he did well. Then turned back to Mr. Scratch, Weise.

He tied his own hands with the scratches, but even this was nonsensical and random.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

"We were confident we were going to score a goal. He [Neuvirth] played awesome obviously but [the Flyers are] one of the top in the League in letting goals in so we knew one was going to come." -- Kings defenseman Drew Doughty

Not surprising that other teams know we suck. Ugh.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The problem with Streit is he's old, I wanted to trade him a year ago before he got injured, I could see the inevitable, now I'm not sure you can move him, he's not even good on the PP. So I could see why Hakstol wouldn't want him out there in OT after a tough game where his legs were probably gone.

When you don't have talent, it comes down to which stiff you put out there.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The problem with Streit is he's old, I wanted to trade him a year ago before he got injured, I could see the inevitable, now I'm not sure you can move him, he's not even good on the PP. So I could see why Hakstol wouldn't want him out there in OT after a tough game where his legs were probably gone.

When you don't have talent, it comes down to which stiff you put out there.

It was on the bench.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

LOL....

thats epic...

suck on that comment Haks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad