Post-Game Talk: #53| Kings 1 at Flyers 0 | OT | Saturday, February 4, 2017

Flyers Time

May 4, 2012
Remember how taking Giroux off the penalty kill and defensive draws were supposed to help his offensive game?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Flyers need to trade Claude Giroux before his contract becomes completely immovable.

Or maybe get an NHL caliber coach that has a clue.
First Craig Berube now Dave Hakstol.

I would recommend watching hockey games for a change. Maybe spend more time in front of the TV and less making awful trade threads?

Flyers Time

May 4, 2012
I would recommend watching hockey games for a change. Maybe spend more time in front of the TV and less making awful trade threads?

I have watched enough Flyers hockey, and facts don't lie. Claude Giroux is nothing more then a pp specalist in 2017.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There's going to be a breaking point at some point pretty soon. Or they're going to let a season go to waste based on the coach misevaluating players thinking he has the personnel to try and win games 1-0 with less than 20 shots on goal, all the while, the players continue to disengage, on the basis of the coach (who is showing he may actually be in over his head) insistent on his process. Something like that might work with Babcock, it's not going to work with Hakstol.

The too may men on the power play was a direct result of this. They were moving so slow and too careful that they lost focus and almost forgot to move. They can't execute breakouts because they don't move forward often enough.

We're back into Berube times, the players do not play with confidence, not everyone is held to the same standards, and other than Provorov, younger players have gotten demonstrably worse as the season has gone on. The team is so fragile that they've gone into playing anti-hockey.

I'm going to be pretty annoyed if Hextall doesn't try to do something before the deadline. You can't tell me that a team that is in the position we are in is unable to improve the organization by making two substantive trades over the last year in a half, with one (and one other minor one) being a swap of draft picks.

STH Town Hall on Tuesday if they lose Monday and ghost/TK don't play will definitely be interesting

I thought that was March. Odd time of the year to have one of those.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
STH Town Hall on Tuesday if they lose Monday and ghost/TK don't play will definitely be interesting

Interesting, but I doubt there will be any fireworks. Even when Berube was in his last year and the Flyers weren't in a playoff spot it was pretty mild stuff.

The fake tough guys from this forum aren't gonna be there.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You can't really control what people are going to ask. As long as they do so in a respectful manner what can you do?

I think it did get heated last year IIRC but that was with season ticket holder issues though.

Benny thinks all the questions have to be submitted in advance and if the questioner goes off script he'll get tazed. :laugh:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Benny thinks all the questions have to be submitted in advance and if the questioner goes off script he'll get tazed. :laugh:

Not at all , I was involved in a round table here with coach and GM here and there was a protocol for questions.

Would love to here Haks answers on his VDV love though as I'm sure it won't be just HF tough guys that ask it.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Well in the beginning of the year only a few optimists felt we were anything more than a borderline playoff team in the 95 to 100 range. With even average goaltending in the first 50 games we probably would have been at the top of that range. That being said, I think this team will win more games with the boring devils style than with a run and gun. Our D is just really weak and our offensive players aren't good enough to overcome that weakness with skill.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Would love to here Haks answers on his VDV love though as I'm sure it won't be just HF tough guys that ask it.

I wouldn't because I already know how'd he answer. It's beyond pointless.

Maybe some questions you could actually pry a small small piece of half-worthless information out, but not with that one.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I'm going on Tuesday guys, come up with a question that's not mean/derogatory/etc. but meaningful and i'll ask Hakstol/Hextall/Homer.

Also, when I got back from the game today my head spun all the way around and I vomited split pea soup all over my living room. The Flyers have lost 11 home games this year and I have been there for 9.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I'm going on Tuesday guys, come up with a question that's not mean/derogatory/etc. but meaningful and i'll ask Hakstol/Hextall/Homer.

Also, when I got back from the game today my head spun all the way around and I vomited split pea soup all over my living room. The Flyers have lost 11 home games this year and I have been there for 9.

I will do the same. Inbox me questions I will try to get answered

Also that's brutal. I've seen only one loss in 12 or 13 gamex

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Please just wear a #freeghost t-shirt.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I would flat out ask:

How can you honestly say Belle and VDV have a good game when they are out chanced 13-0 and have a 0 Corsi for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad