Post-Game Talk: #52: 4 Oilers at FLYERS 5 (OT), Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
For real, how mad are the Hakstol defenders right now? :laugh:

Swearing up and down that removing him wouldn't improve the team at all and that the players he was suppressing wouldn't make a difference anyway.

The man that continously preferred to give icetime to guys like Manning, VDV, Lehtera and Weise.

He dug his own f***ing grave. Was sitting on more talent and tried all he could to destroy these kids and their confidence.

I hope Hextall and him and reunited with some NHL club. One that the Flyers will never have to worry about in turn.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The man that continously preferred to give icetime to guys like Manning, VDV, Lehtera and Weise.

He dug his own ****ing grave. Was sitting on more talent and tried all he could to destroy these kids and their confidence.

I hope Hextall and him and reunited with some NHL club. One that the Flyers will never have to worry about in turn.
My ultimate dream is Hakstol coaching the Oilers...

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Ahh ok, gotcha. I just wasn’t sure because I just read another post from you that was definitely mocking someone, so I thought you might’ve been on a roll and I was next in line :laugh:

But yeah, I think expectations get out of hand and people expect too much, too soon. You see the same thing all the time around here, like with Frost (comparisons to Barzal and saying he’ll outscore Patrick immediately) and Myers (saying he could replace Ghost...)...

In this specific instance, my feelings are pretty clear... I’m probably Laughtons biggest fan while also being Vorobyevs biggest doubter. Right now I definitely like Laughton better and I’m not fully convinced Vorobyev will even be a full-time NHLer. I know many are huge fans of him, but I just don’t share their optimism.
Vorobyev has the skill to be an NHL player, but he’s not the fastest guy around and he tends to disappear when things aren’t going well for him. If he can get himself to go all out in every shift, I think he could be a solid NHL player. It might not happen for him here though. He’s not going to pass Coots or Patrick on the center depth chart and pretty soon he’ll have Frost and probably Rubtsov coming up quick from behind.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
To keep tradition alive...

OFFICIAL THREE STARS:
1. Patrick
2. McDavid
3. Hart

143_TOB_Bulliet_Glass.jpg

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
This trash talk back and forth between the Hakstol hates and the so-called Hakstol lovers reminds me of the great promos back in Jim Crockett Promotions.
almost as good as Big Dust and Jim Cornette.

I feel like David Crockett here, holding the mic in awe.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
This trash talk back and forth between the Hakstol hates and the so-called Hakstol lovers reminds me of the great promos back in Jim Crockett Promotions.

No one could cut a promo like the Dream.

Reactions: magnumpi

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
For real, how mad are the Hakstol defenders right now? :laugh:

Swearing up and down that removing him wouldn't improve the team at all and that the players he was suppressing wouldn't make a difference anyway.

Well, what do you think their record would be under Gordon without Hart?
My guess would be 7-12-2. That's a 62 point pace, far worse than the 74 points pace under Hakstol.

It's all a matter of Hart, this game is a perfect example, maybe Hart's second worst game, yet he kept them in it when they were being totally dominated, despite not being able to make the big saves we've become accustomed to him making.
1st two periods, SCF/SA 4/18, HDCF/CA 1/13. That's horrible, not bad, absolutely putrid against Edmonton on the road.
Hart bought them time to find some cojones and Edmonton's fresh legs stop being fresh in the 3rd period.

If I'm Fletcher, watching this win streak, I go, goalie, check, forwards, needs a lot of work, defense, needs a lot of work.

It was not a good game for Provorov, showing the effects of overwork. Sanheim didn't play well either.
Nor should Hagg/Gudas be a defensive pair, that's been obvious to everyone but the HC. Both struggle to handle and clear the puck.
Meanwhile MacDonald has another solid game, 57.9 Corsi, SCF/CA 6/1, HDCF/CA 6/1.

Was Lindblom hurt? He only played 5:52 at 5x5.

They got the breaks on the PP, and picked it up to finish the game, but overall not a good showing.

Vorobyev, Varone, Raffl are worse than VdV, PEB, and whoever was on their RW.
Raffl has really fallen off the cliff the second half of this season, he still tries hard, but the end is nigh.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I don't think there are any 'Hakstol lovers', rather the trash talk is between those who think this team isn't that good and blaming Hakstol is just a way of maintaining a delusion and those who really think that Hakstol is the only reason this team has been mediocre for 7 years.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
No one could cut a promo like the Dream.

the Dream is certainly up there for me.

other favorites - of course Flair
Piper - imo Piper from about 82 (pre WWF) to about 86 was the best ever. Piper came to wWF early 84.
Captain Redneck Murdoch - he was hysterical. Youtube used to have more of his promos but when he brought his A game he was pure gold.
Dr David Schtulz - Steve austin is just a water downed/commercialized version of Dr D. kind of like Yes or Genesis early to mid 70's work compared to the commercialized pop trite tracks from the 80's.

Reactions: BiggE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad