Post-Game Talk: #52: 4 Oilers at FLYERS 5 (OT), Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart was brought up....and Lyon was healthy. No need to lie.

Flyers' Alex Lyon: Dealing with lower-body issue

Flyers recall Carter Hart from Phantoms

I don't think Lyon was healthy when he was up with the Flyers, and his play showed that.

He played one game for the Flyers on 11/21, then was sent down, played 3 games for the Phantoms, starting on 12/1, .891 S%, then called up for one game on 12/15 before being sent back down for Hart.

13 games since he was sent back to LHV, .929 S% before going down with a pulled groin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers' Alex Lyon: Dealing with lower-body issue

Flyers recall Carter Hart from Phantoms

I don't think Lyon was healthy when he was up with the Flyers, and his play showed that.

He played one game for the Flyers on 11/21, then was sent down, played 3 games for the Phantoms, starting on 12/1, .891 S%, then called up for one game on 12/15 before being sent back down for Hart.

13 games since he was sent back to LHV, .929 S% before going down with a pulled groin.
Do you even read what you write?

As you said, played 3 games for LV, got recalled and played Dec 15th. THEN demoted and Hart recalled.

You saying you "think" mean shit all. He was playing in the AHL. Played in the NHL. got denoted. Hart recalled. That was what happened.

So no, Hart was not recalled because everyone was hurt. Lyon was not hurt. So stop lying.

how many times do you have to be called out for it? Just stop.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

As you said, played 3 games for LV, got recalled and played Dec 15th. THEN demoted and Hart recalled.

You saying you "think" mean **** all. He was playing in the AHL. Played in the NHL. got denoted. Hart recalled. That was what happened.

So no, Hart was not recalled because everyone was hurt. Lyon was not hurt. So stop lying.

You know better, Tri.

Reactions: Striiker and Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

You saying you "think" mean **** all. He was playing in the AHL. Played in the NHL. got denoted. Hart recalled. That was what happened.

it's obvious that Lyon played much better after he was sent back to LHV, that doesn't sound like a guy who wasn't 100% when he was called up and then got healthy/in shape? We don't know because teams don't reveal when a player is dinged up even though they're playing - see Simmonds last season.

It's obvious they exhausted every option, Pickard, Lyon, McKenna before calling up Hart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: magnumpi

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
no idea nor do I care about people being "right or wrong". If you think everything you say is "Right" and you "know everything" then good for you. You must have a perfect life.

Normal conversation isn't constantly trying to prove the other person wrong. Its about listening and learning.

Not talking about anyone on this message board but in real life I do know that the people portraying themselves as "always being right" and others being "Stupid" are typical blowhards and unlikable. I practice avoidance to these types.

again, not talking about anyone on this message board. I have no idea how anyone here behaves in real life.
You missed my point. It's not that I'm always right, it's that you only seem to complain about the tone of my posts, not the content.

If you disagree with the content of my post, fine, feel free to say so, but if the problem is how I present it... too bad.

You might also notice that the tone of my posts are drastically different depending on who I'm responding to. People who are able to have legit conversations get respect, whether we agree or not. People who lie or say insane things do not. If you don't understand why certain people get spoken to a certain way, by myself and many others on this board, it's probably because you missed the source of the problem.

Reactions: Adtar02 and kudymen

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
You missed my point. It's not that I'm always right, it's that you only seem to complain about the tone of my posts, not the content.

If you disagree with the content of my post, fine, feel free to say so, but if the problem is how I present it... too bad.

You might also notice that the tone of my posts are drastically different depending on who I'm responding to. People who are able to have legit conversations get respect, whether we agree or not. People who lie or say insane things do not. If you don't understand why certain people get spoken to a certain way, by myself and many others on this board, it's probably because you missed the source of the problem.

you need to calm down

take the chip off your shoulder

,my posts were in jesting nature.
I was referencing wrestling. I didn't imagine someone would take my posts seriously when I was using wrestling analogies

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
some people don;t understand the difference between inadvertently making a statement that may not be 100% correct compared to committing the act of lying.

dictionaries are needed.
There's a huge difference.

If you say something incorrect AND YOU KNOW IT'S INCORRECT WHEN YOU SAY IT then it's a lie.

He's been caught many times, usually while attempting and failing to defend Hakstol.

I can provide proof if you'd like.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
some people don;t understand the difference between inadvertently making a statement that may not be 100% correct compared to committing the act of lying.

dictionaries are needed.
He said Hart was only recalled because everyone else was hurt. He lied. Lyon was healthy.

End of story.

But go ahead and defend the liar if you want.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
you need to calm down

take the chip off your shoulder

,my posts were in jesting nature.
I was referencing wrestling. I didn't imagine someone would take my posts seriously when I was using wrestling natures.
:laugh: I'm the one who needs to calm down? lolk

And I don't watch wrestling so any attempted references are whooshing over my head

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Any good team, they can dominate us 5x5 and they'll take their chances against a rookie goaltender.
Don't confuse a hot streak with a hot goalie with being a good team.
Last year's second half streak was much more impressive, when you win with crap goalies, you're actually a good team.

Did i sleep through some sort of ceremony where they announced that goalies were no longer a part of the team?

Did i also sleep through a game today where Hart allowed two goals he would likely want back, but yet, the team still won?

Doesn't adding a better goalie improve the team? Or does it only improve the goalie? I'm confused as to what you think your rationale is.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Did i sleep through some sort of ceremony where they announced that goalies were no longer a part of the team?

Did i also sleep through a game today where Hart allowed two goals he would likely want back, but yet, the team still won?

Doesn't adding a better goalie improve the team? Or does it only improve the goalie? I'm confused as to what you think your rationale is.

I wouldn't bother. Some posters can't post coherent thoughts because they are dealing with separation anxiety with Hakstol being gone.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
He said Hart was only recalled because everyone else was hurt. He lied. Lyon was healthy.

End of story.

But go ahead and defend the liar if you want.

thats ridiculous

you have no idea what was going through his head. people make mistakes

When i read the post I thought it was 100% accurate. I had assumed Lyon was injured. So I guess I was lying to myself.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
When everyone takes a deep breath, this will be re-opened. We have a sticky on the topic of name-calling and how it relates to flaming and that includes basics such as belittling members. Also, no one should openly challenge a mod on this board. We are volunteering time and this is an imperfect science. If you have an issue, follow the suggestions for complaints about how the board is operated. Take a break and relax. The team won today. It is a Saturday night. Exhale and resume when the time comes.

Do not reply to this message after the thread reopens. Discuss civilly through PMs or follow the advice and rules to which you agreed when joining the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad