Post-Game Talk: #51 | FLYERS (H) vs. Devils (A) | Saturday, May, 1, 2021 | Loss 4-1

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The best way to move forward from this season:

1. Find everyone in senior management who thought hiring Fletcher was a good and fire them. If anyone got outvoted on hiring someone else with more potential than maybe keep them around. Replace them with people who aren't senile.

2.Fire Fletcher. Replace with anything north of a used condom.

3 Fire all coaches in the NHL AND AHL teams. Let the used condom replace everyone.

4. Fire Sale

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Philadelphia Questionmarks.
giphy.gif

I'll never forget in the midst of Hak hockey circa 16-18 when you would come on here and posters would just glow about the job Hextall was doing draftwise.:help:
Folks fell in love with non-elite prospects and forgot you need legit dynamism to get you where you want to go.

Get a real star. And then maybe i'll give a ****.

Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
What good will firing AV do? When we still have Fletcher and Scott in place?

AV is someone who should be replaced as a way to at least change things up for next season and to get a better system going because whatever the Flyers have been doing this season clearly isn't f***ing working. Yes, we need to change up some players for the Flyers and hopefully bring in some good young players into the mix, but I don't think Fletch gets canned after 2+ seasons. I will say, if Fletch lets AV and the whole coaching staff stay another season, then he should be fired. Just remember, AV never blames himself and generally disconnects himself from what is going on with the team in general. He'll blame kids for the bad PK when Farabee and Sanheim have been good and generally the PK lines have remained the same from last near, sans Niskanen. Also, bringing in a new coaching staff, especially with someone like Gallant, who is generally a very player friendly coach, should hopefully reinvigorate this team and start to put up some good numbers and get back on the right track.

Flyers need a new system that works for the current NHL and can adapt to different situations and get better. We NEED accountability, and not only from the players, but from the coaching staff too.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
sad part is..as bad as we are..we aren't even bottom 10 bad..middle of the pack bad

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Flyers dominated the Devils everywhere but on the scoreboard.
They're just a snake bit team right now without a NHL goalie.
Elliott gives up a softy, they pressure Blackwood but can't close the deal, then Couts coughs it up to Nico on the PP, short handed goal, game over.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
wrap this season up, then get Torts.

head to promised land
Last time a team replaced vig with tor. It didn’t go well. I think Hextall had the right idea with this team , and a young coach. But just picked the wrong guy. We tried to fast track and failed. We should have stuck to his plan. Hak was the wrong guy. But it’s been proven a veteran coach and a few fixer uppers to rush playoff success wasn’t the answer

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
There is no way on God’s green earth that I can sit through 5 more of these.

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-2_6-27-25.jpeg
    upload_2021-5-2_6-27-25.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2021-5-2_6-27-25.png
    upload_2021-5-2_6-27-25.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Beef Invictus

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
The Flyers dominated the Devils everywhere but on the scoreboard.
They're just a snake bit team right now without a NHL goalie.
I gotta believe the point has been made elsewhere, but these last few days, I've become aware that the Flyers are really doing some reverse-Bob-Beamon shit with Team Save Percentage.

This season, they are mired in what looks like unassailable butt-naked-last in that category, clocking in at .876.
The next worst team is sitting at .890.
To span the next .014 gap, you'd cover teams 29-28-27-26-25-24-23-22-21-20-19-18 in that measurement before arriving at LA's 17th place at Team Save Percentage .904.

If the Flyers had League Average Save Percentage, they'd be allowing about as many goals as they've scored.

For abusement's sake, maybe I'll look at some other seasons to try to find comparables- but just to assess things now, it has the feel of historically significant level of execrable.

Reactions: BernieParent

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Philadelphia Questionmarks.
giphy.gif

I'll never forget in the midst of Hak hockey circa 16-18 when you would come on here and posters would just glow about the job Hextall was doing draftwise.:help:
Folks fell in love with non-elite prospects and forgot you need legit dynamism to get you where you want to go.

Get a real star. And then maybe i'll give a ****.

I don’t see a star player in the organization that will replace G.

Patrick was our lucky lottery ticket for a MacKinnon / Eichel type. But it most definitely didn’t pan out that way.

Farabee might be the best of the bunch, and that’s pretty much the end of the list.

Maybe you can win a Cup without true star talent if you have enough depth, but depth is nowhere near as exciting to watch as star power.

It’s ridiculous how quickly Fletch made this team as vanilla as the Wild without really doing anything.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I don’t see a star player in the organization that will replace G.

It’s ridiculous how quickly Fletch made this team as vanilla as the Wild without really doing anything.
The star player is on the roster in Couturier. He's not the flashy McDavid but he's a star a la Bergeron.
I agree with you on Fletcher allowing this club to be Minnesota pt. II. However that happened by bringing in the coaching staff that he did and keeping Gordon at LV. Those mistakes can be easily remedied; fire them. New coach with a different more aggressive style of play and this can all be quickly reversed. There is a lot of talent on this club and in the system. This summer we'll see what Fletcher is made of. If he allows the sludge behind the benches to stay, he is AV's poodle.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not at all. They aren't all equal.
Yup , there’s definitely tiers with significant separation between the top two and everyone else. Probably something like...

Ghost and Sanheim

Provorov and Braun

____ NHL level ____

Morin

Myers

Hagg

Prosser

Anyone suggesting they've all been bad and nobody should be called the best (as quite a few people have said) are just people who won’t admit that Ghost has been great this year, which many swore would never happen again.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyTimmo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad