50 in 50 Tracker

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Player games is the more reasonable assumption for an individual award, and the place to put useful information pertaining to a thread is in the title or OP.

So if a player gets 20 in 20 then takes ten days off and starts up again that should be legit? The reason 50/50 is hard, and special, is because you have to play night in and night out.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
So if a player gets 20 in 20 then takes ten days off and starts up again that should be legit? The reason 50/50 is hard, and special, is because you have to play night in and night out.

It mostly comes from the original feat by Maurice Richard who scored 50 in 50 games when the season was 50 games long.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Player games is the more reasonable assumption for an individual award, and the place to put useful information pertaining to a thread is in the title or OP.

Is there really the delusion going around that every poster reads every post?

there's no award for 50 in 50. its a little like "cult record" type thing. and the same posts are in the thread every year. i think if you dont understand something dont spout off about it is better advice than to have to explain everything to everyone in every post. a little self sufficiency is required.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
would be nice to see Pasta and Ovy both get 2 tonight and keep pace.
probably tougher for Pasta being on the road at Nashville but is definitely doable from both players and it would be nice if a couple players still had the chance for the next week or two at least.

... and who knows?

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
People *****ing about the definition of the club need to ****. Richard started it back when the season was only 50 games, that's why the team games are what counts, and since then only 4 players have done it (Bossy, Gretzky, Lemieux, Brett Hull). It's a ridiculously rare club, pretty much only for the Rocket and the best goal scorers of the highest scoring era in league history. The standard is supposed to be obscenely high. It's like the Medal of Honor for hockey. If it was easier to get, it wouldn't be as special.
Neely did it in 44 and gets 0 recognition because of this stupidity.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
there's no award for 50 in 50. its a little like "cult record" type thing. and the same posts are in the thread every year. i think if you dont understand something dont spout off about it is better advice than to have to explain everything to everyone in every post. a little self sufficiency is required.

The thing is, it seems to be your (collective) problem, not the problem for people who think injuries shouldn't matter. So if you want to deal with that problem, it falls on thread creators to be clear.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The thing is, it seems to be your (collective) problem, not the problem for people who think injuries shouldn't matter. So if you want to deal with that problem, it falls on thread creators to be clear.

Your ignorance is not my responsibility.

It's been explained multiple times in this thread by myself and others, if you want to remain ignorant, well that's your choice.

The thread is about 50 goals in the teams first 50 games. Just like last years thread, and the year before and any time TV personalities speak to it, or when anyone brings up the record. End of story.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011

ok well you have been explained the meaning of the thread so now whats *your* excuse?

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
People forget that Matthews still has the best goal per game ratio in the league (of players with 10 games or more). He could easily pick up the pace once he returns and hit 50 in 50.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
People forget that Matthews still has the best goal per game ratio in the league (of players with 10 games or more). He could easily pick up the pace once he returns and hit 50 in 50.
LMAO if Matthews scores another 40 goals in the Leafs next 36 games I will upload a video to HFBoards of myself eating a hat while wearing a Tavares Leafs jersey.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Get out of here with this crap. He has a 0% chance of doing it. He went be back until the end of November. 40 goals in 22ish games after an injury is not happening.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Neely did it in 44 and gets 0 recognition because of this stupidity.
On one hand, it was crazy, on the other hand, Darren Pang was a goalie at the time. Sometimes stats aren’t translatable across the generations

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Saying that injuries don't matter is silly. Endurance and conditioning is part of being an athlete. Sometimes an injury can occur regardless, yes, and that's just bad luck. Tough shit. It is a game, after all.

If someone were to score 50 goals in 50 games while missing some in between due to injury, that would still be incredibly impressive, but whenever the "50 in 50" is referenced amongst media and fans, it refers to the teams first 50 games. That's it.

Saying injuries shouldn't affect it is almost as silly as saying streaks should carry over from season to season.

Reactions: Hippasus and Dustin

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
For the 50/50 he's got 9 goals in 15 games. Pettersson is having an amazing rookie year.

Yep, I'm aware. The guy I quoted was referring to the Matthews 10 goals in 11 games played though as the best "ratio" in terms of goals to games played. I was just updating :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad