50 in 50 Tracker

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Thank god you are around to police people that do not agree with your or wikipedia's definition of the record.

i mean the thread is about this specific record. you might as well come in here and say assists count. If you want to make a thread about scoring 50 goals in 50 games as a player thats fine. but the record that this thread is referring to is about scoring 50 goals in the first 50 games your team has this year

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
My point is why pick 50? Why not 40 in 40 or 30 in 30?

I don’t know man, why are you in the thread about 50 goals in 50 games asking why it’s 50? Do you go to the islanders thread and ask why it’s not about the Canadiens? Go into the Point has a 5-point game and ask why threads aren’t made for 4-point games?

Stop derailing the thread for no apparent reason...

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Sorry, is this a team accomplishment or a player accomplishment? I'm pretty sure it's a player accomplishment. Getting a concussion from a questionable play seems like a weird reason to "disqualify" someone, not that your particular thread is of any real value.

If he scores 50 goals in 50gp are you gonna be out here whining about how "it doesn't count!!!!" ?

Thank god you are around to police people that do not agree with your or wikipedia's definition of the record.

Your made up record definition

This thread is tracking something specific. Why are you all whining about it’s rules? Go somewhere else

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
My point is why pick 50? Why not 40 in 40 or 30 in 30?

Ask the people who started tracking it years ago?

Here is the best I have found to explain why.

The phrase "50 goals in 50 games" refers to the act of scoring 50 goals within the first 50 games of a National Hockey League (NHL) season. Scoring fifty goals in fifty (or fewer) games in the NHL is a rare achievement.

The NHL defines "50 goals in 50 games" to mean that a player scores 50 goals in the team's first 50 games of the season, not the player's first 50 (which could differ for health or disciplinary reasons). This feat has been achieved eight times by five different players.

Reactions: Bocephus86

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
People bitching about the definition of the club need to stfu. Richard started it back when the season was only 50 games, that's why the team games are what counts, and since then only 4 players have done it (Bossy, Gretzky, Lemieux, Brett Hull). It's a ridiculously rare club, pretty much only for the Rocket and the best goal scorers of the highest scoring era in league history. The standard is supposed to be obscenely high. It's like the Medal of Honor for hockey. If it was easier to get, it wouldn't be as special.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Not sure if srs

It comes from Maurice Richard hitting 50 goals in 50 games. Was the first 50 goal year and they only played 50 games in the 1940s
I don't think kids these days do any sports history reading.... or watching. Anything not in HD is "older than dirt", anything black and white didn't happen.

Bored

Jan 13, 2008
Yeah, or 164 in 82?? That would be even bigger thing!!! Or 500 in 30, or...

Yes of course 82 in 82 would be the bigger accomplishment but that will never happen. On the other hand, there's a slight chance that someone will score 50 in 50.

Im probably being baited.

To clarify the bolded, are you saying it has never happened, or will not happen this year (or the foreseeable future)?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
How... can people not know about this feat? And I'm not old at all lol

Would be funny to see Palmieri as the last man standing, not that he's a bad player but he's not the usual player I would bet on achieving it haha

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Canucks have played 15 games. Therefore, they have 35 games to play before they reach 50 games.

Pettersson is scoring at a pace of 1.66 goals per game. Now maybe math is not your strong point.

But he is on pace to score more than 50 in the Canucks first 50 games. Whether he will is open to debate, but he is on pace to do so.
15 points in 9 games = 1.67 POINTS per game
9 goals in 9 games = 1.00 GOALS per game

Maybe reading is not your strong point. It's not rounding either.

Pettersson needs a hat trick next game to get back on pace.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Like clockwork the fans who haven't read any of the posts in this thread will come out of the woodworks now after EP's night.

[mod]

Player games is the more reasonable assumption for an individual award, and the place to put useful information pertaining to a thread is in the title or OP.

Is there really the delusion going around that every poster reads every post?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad