GDT: 5 Mar 2013 - Wild @ Chicago - Great Moments Are Born From Great Opportunities - 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Is this what it feels like to be on the rationale side of things? I mean, not demanding for the team to be traded, coach be fired, etc.? Feels weird.

i'm a little uneasy. it's like when you see fire and feel no heat.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Eh, we lost to the best team in the NHL.

We got our ***** blown out because we more or less sleepwalked through the first. If we play with anything approaching energy in the first it is a completely different game. Seto's goal aside of course.

I love how we get that goal and then no shots forever.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
... You do realize the Hawks are a good team, right? :laugh:

It's not that they're not good -- the Wild/Backs obviously crapped the bed in the first.

It's especially frustrating when you think back to the last time we played them. Hards let in two softies (one you could argue was a defensive breakdown) and was yanked immediately. However, for whatever goofy reason, Yeo did the opposite this time around. And, as an immediate result, we saw two more soft goals go in and a hole was dug that could not be recovered from.

Just imagine if he had taken the same course of action. If we assume the Kemps gives up the same goals and the Wild score the same goals (I know... bad assumption, but it's all we've got), suddenly it's a 3-3 game going into OT. Again.

That's why this loss burns. It wasn't that Chicago isn't good, or the refs weren't ****, it was that the Wild players phoned it in for the majority of the game, and the coaching staff was busy passing notes and making dinner plans.

Billy Mays Here*

We got our ***** blown out because we more or less sleepwalked through the first. If we play with anything approaching energy in the first it is a completely different game. Seto's goal aside of course.

I love how we get that goal and then no shots forever.

Wasn't it the second period last season (or maybe the season before) that we nicknamed the death period? This year's death period has by far been the first period. Outside of the Phoenix game we've been awful in the first.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
You're gonna have to make a better sales pitch than that to get Party Mays to take his shades off.

Well maybe yours is okay. One cursed avatar from each class can stay just for pure humor of it. Like my Santa Deals Cars avatar that I made for whatshisface. That one's part of last years curse, but it's just so awesome that not even the karma gods care.

Maybe Partybull Mays is this years exception.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
People are saying "they lost to a good team" or "Chicago is the best team in the NHL" or whatever.

Well I don't care if it was Chicago or Columbus; this team doesn't need any more excuses for a loss, especially not an ugly one. I just want someone in this organization to be brutally honest and admit that it was just a ****** effort, instead of pretending everything was OK.

They scored first and then allowed four goals in six minutes. They gave the game away in the first 15 minutes. It was another one of their trademark 40-minute efforts, when they just can't seem to put together a complete game. There is no silver lining here.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Yeah I don't care if it was Chicago or Columbus; this team doesn't need any more excuses for a loss, especially not an ugly one. I just want someone in this organization to be brutally honest and admit that it was just a ****** effort, instead of pretending everything was OK.

They scored first and then allowed four goals in six minutes. They gave the game away in the first 15 minutes. There is no silver lining here.

Suter's first goal as a member of the Wild. :nod:

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Suter's first goal as a member of the Wild. :nod:

No. That's a distraction from the fact that they were embarrassed off the ice, and it's the kind of **** that the Wild organization seems to love to point to instead of admitting their failures.

Edit: And now the homers at the FSN desk are making precisely that ******** excuse.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
I perdict next game vs the hawks kuemper starts and gets pulled for hackett and the goaltending circle vs the hawks will be complete:laugh:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
No. That's a distraction from the fact that they were embarrassed off the ice, and it's the kind of **** that the Wild organization seems to love to point to instead of admitting their failures.

Edit: And now the homers at the FSN desk are making precisely that ******** excuse.

I'm thinking more big-picture. We have Suter for a long time and it's good to see him get his first goal. :)

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Sigh.

The difference between a great team and a good team showed up tonight. Chicago executed their long lead pass perfectly throughout the game, which allowed them to enter our zone and create scoring chances (and score goals) with relative ease.

We, on the other hand, had to fight through the neutral zone, which lead us to either

a) dump the puck in from the boards and try to retrieve it in the corners or

b) penetrate the zone from the side, leading to a cycle play from behind the net or a desperate pass through the offensive zone.

That was the main difference between the two teams.

Gilbert was pretty bad tonight, Koivu didn't exactly shine either and rest of them very pretty meh apart from the 2nd and 4th lines, who played quite well.

Granlund had a really good game, too. I was impressed by that shot in the 3rd and he really looks confident out there, finally like the player we used to see in Finland. He has finally started to really adapt to the NHL style of play and shows no signs of stopping now. Really impressed of his development so far.

Spurgeon... Well, some say he looks like garbage, but to be honest, I still think he has to cover Stoner's mistakes too much. Sure, he made a couple of gaffes in the D-zone but he also created fine scoring opportunities and he is a force to be reckoned with in the offensive zone. He seems to be at his best when he is utilized as kind of the 4th attacker, in other words the offensive D-man that he is. No use relying on him too much on our own zone.

That said, it wasn't the best game for him but he was nowhere near as bad as Gilbert or Stoner tonight.

Brodin still looks good but he made one or two noticeable mistakes tonight, one that lead to a penalty.

Suter I thought looked below par at start but really turned it around in the 3rd, scoring a goal and creating good opportunities with his shot late in the game. That said, he looked somewhat slow and/or tired in the D zone. Maybe exhaustion? He does play a lot of minutes after all.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Good news: consistency comes with time and practice. Inconsistency is expected when most of our current roster was playing for different teams last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad