GDT: 5 Mar 2013 - Wild @ Chicago - Great Moments Are Born From Great Opportunities - 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Meh, whatever, team has four days now to reflect on what they did wrong and improve on it. On to the next one.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Also, don't forget to take your shades off, everyone. We don't want another green circle mega-slump.

Billy Mays Here*

Also, don't forget to take your shades off, everyone. We don't want another green circle mega-slump.

You're gonna have to make a better sales pitch than that to get Party Mays to take his shades off.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
So why can't we have a game where everyone shows up? There is always some bum who plays for us who has an off night. Backs, Spurge, Gilbert, Parise, Koivu. It's always someone.

Seems like we aren't ready to play a LOT. I don't know if it's the players, coaches or trainers, or what. Exceptionally frustrating from a fan and former players (not pro :laugh:) perspective.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
I'm actually not that upset about the outcome considering:
  1. We ran into a hot team on their pond
  2. We scored 3 goals on Chicago
  3. I like the Chicago goal song except when the Wild are playing them
  4. Sometimes things just don't go your way, like with the play in the first, but they battled back to make a game of it. Also, Crawford is my fantasy goalie. So a W for him helps.

Oh well. Next time.

Billy Mays Here*

Bag skate bag skate bag skate bag skate bag skate

Considering I only saw the third period I can't comment on what should be done. I'd probably be a lot more pissed if I saw the whole game though based on what you guys have told me.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So why can't we have a game where everyone shows up? There is always some bum who plays for us who has an off night. Backs, Spurge, Gilbert, Parise, Koivu. It's always someone.

Seems like we aren't ready to play a LOT. I don't know if it's the players, coaches or trainers, or what. Exceptionally frustrating from a fan and former players (not pro :laugh:) perspective.
The Edmonton game came close. Nearly everyone showed up for a good portion of the evening. But it was a rarity.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
What's should yeo do with the 1st line? Parise is slumping and coyle imo doesn't belong near 1st line in NHL. They can't even get proper offensive zone pressure on even strenght.

Positive Granlund yet again with a strong game. Suter with a goal.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Meh, whatever, team has four days now to reflect on what they did wrong and improve on it. On to the next one.

i think what they did was start out playing the same game they were against Edmonton, but the Hawks are much more composed and more importantly play a far superior team game than the Oilers.

Billy Mays Here*

Is this what it feels like to be on the rationale side of things? I mean, not demanding for the team to be traded, coach be fired, etc.? Feels weird.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Spurgeon continues to prove he's a #5-6 at best in the NHL. His season has been utter **** this year, to say the least. And no, I'm not blaming the loss on him. Team effort, etc. He has just been garbage this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad