Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Hate to be a so called gatekeeper to fandom, as someone mentioned so I'll only say that those coming here for psychological therapy wishing the team would loose (and before any idiot gaslighter responds that nobody is doing that...read the posts) ...should really seek out professional help. If you find it so hard to enjoy a f***ing hockey game...stop. Go to a protest and destroy some shit or something. You aren't going to get a lot of sympathy by many.
You are softer than 10 ply

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Without Matty:

Bertuzzi Domi Marner
Tavares Jarnkrok Nylander
Holmberg Kampf Knies
Gregor Dewer Reaves

With Matty:

Bertuzzi Domi Marner
Knies Matthews Nylander
Holmberg Tavares Jarnkrok
Dewer Kampf Reaves

Reactions: francis246

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I don't want the leafs to be alive. I don't want any reason or excuse to let theis core and staff come back next year.
I am worried that if they manage to get to game 7 and lose again that it will start the excuse train with the next subway stop being the "Run it Back" station. They will have the injury excuses and so on.

I don't want to see this coach except on an opposing teams bench doing his mickey mouse strategies. I want the Grand architect Shanny turfed as well. Tre can stay a year so we can see what he is capable of. That's my anxiety when it comes to them teasing us by not totally flopping out in 5 games.

Reactions: Drytoast

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Hate to be a so called gatekeeper to fandom, as someone mentioned so I'll only say that those coming here for psychological therapy wishing the team would loose (and before any idiot gaslighter responds that nobody is doing that...read the posts) ...should really seek out professional help. If you find it so hard to enjoy a f***ing hockey game...stop. Go to a protest and destroy some shit or something. You aren't going to get a lot of sympathy by many.
You are softer than 10 ply
Lighten up Francis. This is a message board to discuss hockey. Specifically the Toronto Maple Leafs.

If you don't like your echo chamber being challenged, you've got greater issues than I do.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I am worried that if they manage to get to game 7 and lose again that it will start the excuse train with the next subway stop being the "Run it Back" station. They will have the injury excuses and so on.

I don't want to see this coach except on an opposing teams bench doing his mickey mouse strategies. I want the Grand architect Shanny turfed as well. Tre can stay a year so we can see what he is capable of. That's my anxiety when it comes to them teasing us by not totally flopping out in 5 games.
I would only be comfortable in doing it again IF the leafs go deep in the conference finals at a minimum.

Do that, and sure! We can try this shit again. But like you I believe that Marner's agent, the Leafs GM and whatever will just call this bad luck with injuries if the Leafs take Boston to 7. And we will be right back to square one again...bashing our head's against the wall...again.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I don't want the leafs to be alive. I don't want any reason or excuse to let theis core and staff come back next year.

Screw off the boards then, I want deep runs and a chance at a Stanley cup more than I want to lose just for change.

A deep run I don’t think is going to change things, I still think with a deep run one of the core likely gets moved just purely on being able to manage the salary cap and I sure as hell don’t think any run unless we win a cup is saving Keefe’s job so change is coming

Reactions: Racer88

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
leafs.jpg

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Without Matty:

Bertuzzi Domi Marner
Holmberg Kampf Knies
Gregor Dewer Reaves

With Matty:

Bertuzzi Domi Marner
Knies Matthews Nylander
Dewer Kampf Reaves
No to Gregor please

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Public Service Announcement

To all Scotiabank Arena staff:

Do Not Allow Bryan Hayes Into Building On Thursday

Thank You

I feel the need to repost this.

Listening to yesterday's Overdrive has once again confirmed the desperate need for this PSA.

Bryan Hayes has been present for the last 7 Leafs home playoff games.

The team has lost every single one of those games.

He is bad juju

Someone give him a purple nurple, or an atomic wedgie, or knee-cap him, or anything at all that isn't dangerous, but is a sufficient message to keep his ass out of that building.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Without Matty:

Bertuzzi Domi Marner
Holmberg Kampf Knies
Gregor Dewer Reaves

With Matty:

Bertuzzi Domi Marner
Knies Matthews Nylander
Dewer Kampf Reaves
If McMann* is healthy the belongs in he lineup, with or without Matthews.

*H/T Gilmour1996

Last edited:
Reactions: ACC1224

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
With 1 in 17 powerplay opportunities, the leafs are second worst in the playoffs.

Worse than the capitals who who got swept.

We need to get better
They don't seem to be trying anything different which is frustrating. It looked somewhat better with Bert on the top unit in front of the net, but otherwise it's been the same players and exact same entries and setups (Pass back to carry it in or pass up to JT on the half-wall over and over, stationary passing etc)

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Pasta has also not looked like shit in the postseason for 8 f***ING YEARS.
Pasta has had 2 playoffs where he was better than PPG. Less than Matthews and Marner and the same as Nylander

His team has advanced 3 times to the Leafs 1 time,, and he has missed the playoffs twice,, the Leafs have not.

Let's not pretend he has been miles better than the Leafs players.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Lighten up Francis. This is a message board to discuss hockey. Specifically the Toronto Maple Leafs.

If you don't like your echo chamber being challenged, you've got greater issues than I do.
Hard not to squeeze the charmin

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I think some here are overlooking game 6 a bit too much

Talks about how we should already clear the schedule for Saturday or this going to 7 for sure are a bit premature. There still is a game on Thursday that Boston can win.

When we went up 3-1 against Tampa and lost game 5, tampa fans weren’t saying get ready for game 7, even if we had already blown a 3-1 series lead a couple years before that. We ended up winning game 6 to finish the series, who’s to say Boston can’t do the same.

They need to win game 6, then think about game 7.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Screw off the boards then, I want deep runs and a chance at a Stanley cup more than I want to lose just for change.

A deep run I don’t think is going to change things, I still think with a deep run one of the core likely gets moved just purely on being able to manage the salary cap and I sure as hell don’t think any run unless we win a cup is saving Keefe’s job so change is coming
Ya the only thing that maybe changes things would be if they win the cup. Even if they make it to the conference final major changes still need to be made

Reactions: francis246

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
I think some here are overlooking game 6 a bit too much

Talks about how we should already clear the schedule for Saturday or this going to 7 for sure are a bit premature. There still is a game on Thursday that Boston can win.

When we went up 3-1 against Tampa and lost game 5, tampa fans weren’t saying get ready for game 7, even if we had already blown a 3-1 series lead a couple years before that. We ended up winning game 6 to finish the series, who’s to say Boston can’t do the same.

They need to win game 6, then think about game 7.
You're obviously right but I've already programmed myself to believing it's going to 7 and we aren't advancing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad